Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy Friday night 9-26-08

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Yeah a lot of cars could beat me, pretty easy when you have a shell of a car and a rear end in the car and everything is torn apart.
LOL, most of the cars I speak of are full interior cars, that actually could take a turn at greater then 10 mph.

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
I know his car is built to handle a few hundred more hp then 800. If you don't beleive me Jeff call Bob up.

Sweet tell him to close his mouth, up the boost and race. Last race I know of that he was in, he got beat by a mustang on low boost.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=sedanman;10237811]LOL, most of the cars I speak of are full interior cars, that actually could take a turn at greater then 10 mph.QUOTE]

What does that have to do with anything?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Just saying that they are real street cars.

Honestly it seems like you are very narrow minded and that you think outside of the cars that cruise the suds/southside no other fast cars exist.

There are more fast cars then you could posibly imagine in Indy there are even several boards dedicated to those cars.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the cars I mentioned above just ran his first 8 sec all motor pass, the car has the factory seats in it, factory dash, carpet, factory door pannels and trim work, so does the other. Yes there are plenty of fast cars around here, most do not get out that much and when I say fast I am talking about dig cars runing 9's or better, not highway kings. All the ones I can think of have as full an interior as they can have. A lot of thim don't cruise much just because the cost of race gas, a reason a lot of people are going to E85.

I am not as narrow minded as you think. I know that you can either run fast or turn the corners fast. I doubt you will find a car that runs 8-9's that will still scream in and out of the corners.

For instance, you can take a Ferrari, Porsche, Mazda, whatever and build it to scream even more into the corners but they still are not the best straight line cars compared to a built drag car.

Drag guys don't care about corners but my car was more stable in the corners then my DD and with skinnies and manual steering and no power brakes its dangerous to try and push it into the corners.

Even the really fast 1/4 mile Vipers out there don't do as well in the corners as a factory Viper.

In the end you can't have the best of both worlds when you start to get deep into building the car.

Most of the fast cars in Indy aslo don't race on the street, to much power, to much money in the cars, not worth loosing the car, ect ect.

Your old car was pretty sick but you and I both know that the faster you go in a straight line from a dig the more drag chassis/suspension work you need.

Granted if you (anyone) just like roll racing then you can have a fast roll/turning car.

I just hope that just because a car sucks in the corners but runs 9's or better does not mean its not fast or does not mean its not a true street car but then again everyone has their own deffenition of a street car.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

Well said man!

Quick Reply: Indy Friday night 9-26-08