Something else or Police Officer
5.19%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Which should I join?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ohh ok thanks for the info. And damm that kinda sucks I don't have a diploma or ged but I can a ged. But ill keep asking around for more info.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

The only shot you have of getting in the Marines is going in as whats called a tier 2. Basically you need a GED and you have to get above a 50 on the asvab. You need to find an office that is hard up on contracts for the month in order to get that though. I dont know about other branches, but Marine recruiters know most of the **** about all branches...of course its biased though. But go to an army recruiter first and find and talkt to them about the Marines...they will lie their asses off. So will the Navy. Ive never had that problem with the Air Force though. Good luck either way. If you have any Marine questions, Im a Marine recruiter too.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:54 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok well first of all have you done any college? Ok now I am in the Marines and I really dont like it at all im a 0311 ehich is infantry one thing that you got to understand with any branch of service is you always someones bitch I have done alot while i have been in i got less than 1 year left there are alot of reason I am getting out for but everyone is different ( O and if your some motard that thinks b/c im getting out is b/c im a shitbag think again i have been meritoriously promoted 2 times ) but I would join AirForce dumdumdum why? Better Job and people skills my job skills as a 03 have set me up basically for nothing in the real world only one i can really think is leading people but when you really think about it most of the time your rank will be sufficent enough to lead people. To me a good leader would take peolle who dont give a flyin F#$k and turn them into a auclty well prefoming paltoon..... but it reall all comes down to you and you only do what you want but remember once you in your in unless you A ***** out B get admin sep ( Drugs, Behavior, ect ) or C Medical .
Old 04-03-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NebWS6
as a few will state on here, I am not one to try and persuade you to my green patch of the grass because it only looks greener then the others depending on how you look at it, apparently we have a bad enough rep as it is. I'm not a recruiter, and I have seen both sides of the field (enlisted and officer)
so choose what branch fits you.

yeah there is always a ton of new stuff to take in with any branch of the military, just accronyms we use for things and a general info.... I still learn new stuff all the time.

Like some other guys said pick what you want to do because when you take the red pill...haha there is no changing your mind. If you want to join the marines the three areas you mentioned above are possibilities, more so law enforcement and engineering then computers.
In the marine corps law enforcement means you would become an MP, which can be checking id's at the gate to working at the brig in charge of the bad kids.
Engineering and computers are broad fields....can you narrow it down?

IMO if you wanted computers I would look at a different branch, because marines don't really have many computer related MOS that would transfer into the civilian world that would be worth a ****. "Engineering" in the marine corps would relate to a heavy equipment mech/operater....bulldozers, skid loaders....etc also riverine craft (fancy term for boat) maybe you can shed some light for us on a little more...

I would definitely have to disagree with this. I was in the Marine Corps for 5 years and I was in the IT field. I am now working for a very prominent DOD contractor that supports all branches of the military around the world. My schooling was like a year long and very intensive. I learned a vast amount of knowledge that I've forgotten more stuff than many civilian educated techs have learned. The one thing that I enjoyed about the Marine Corps is that with many branches they specialize on only one job where as I was made to be a jack of all trades which really helps to diversify yourself. They go into the fundamentals of electrical circuits, Operating systems, network operating systems, hardware, software, and everything in between. some of the most intelligent technicians that I've met have been in the Marine Corps. That doesn't mean that you won't be asked to possibly pick up a gun because we train just like the rest of the Marine Corps with going to the dunk tank, rifle range, gas chamber, humps, pft's, yada yada.. I've known a lot of my buddies that have went to Iraq that were security or have went on convoys and flown missions as member of a flight crew. The beauty about the Marine Corps is honestly the comradarie and the feeling of belonging to an elite organization. Many people don't understand us but when you become one you can't look at the world through the same point of view again. It truly is a life changing experience but I would do it over again in a heart beat. Semper Fidelis.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
Ok well first of all have you done any college? Ok now I am in the Marines and I really dont like it at all im a 0311 ehich is infantry one thing that you got to understand with any branch of service is you always someones bitch I have done alot while i have been in i got less than 1 year left there are alot of reason I am getting out for but everyone is different ( O and if your some motard that thinks b/c im getting out is b/c im a shitbag think again i have been meritoriously promoted 2 times ) but I would join AirForce dumdumdum why? Better Job and people skills my job skills as a 03 have set me up basically for nothing in the real world only one i can really think is leading people but when you really think about it most of the time your rank will be sufficent enough to lead people. To me a good leader would take peolle who dont give a flyin F#$k and turn them into a auclty well prefoming paltoon..... but it reall all comes down to you and you only do what you want but remember once you in your in unless you A ***** out B get admin sep ( Drugs, Behavior, ect ) or C Medical .

Were you a CAT 2?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

14 years in the AF and Loving it. You'll be hooked on the food alone.

Quick Reply: Which should I join?