Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Usafsf

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 03:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sparky1397r
you might want to get a refund on your college credit.
HAHA ya ya i know huh? spelling is not my forte from 2-4 en la manana
Originally Posted by blownmotor96

Going into the SeaBees which is the Navys version of a combat engineer(dirt Navy) so theres a high chance i will never have to go sailing but then theres also a very high chance of being deployed to iraq or afghanland i guess its not a matter of if but when.
Sounds pretty B.A.

Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96

I love Airmen...
LOL Don't ask, don't tell. HAHA sorry man couldnt resist I have a horrible case of insomnia lately, arent you proud of my multiquotes?

Wow, I missed a pretty classic thread too...

Ol boy definitely has a rude awakening coming to him. Not because of basic, but just in general. Pretty typical 19 year old that knows everything already. And watch your attitude once you get through basic. Cause then you are an Airman and your attitude online towards a possible Officer, NCO, SNCO isn't acceptable. Just wait till you run into a Officer you're stationed with that you just told to F off. 24/7 bub... Hopefully your attitude will change a little bit after you get to your first station. If not, I foresee some LOR's in your future...

Wish you all the luck in your AF career.

Ya i thought of that after lol. O well its not like i'm going to go around introducing myself as 'luckyspencer007' BUt I understand your point. Really 60 credits??? that doesnt make sense to me, and if so the recruiter lied. Thanks for the good luck wish
Old 06-03-2009, 05:03 AM
12 Second Club

I am proud, so much easier to follow now!

Yep, 60 credits. How I know? I been 2 classes shy for oh, about 3 years now... Taking care of it very shortly though...

Deploy as much as they let you. Its much easier than being at homestation and it affords you plenty of mod money. I'm dying to deploy right now, unfortuanately manning is so terrible we've had to reclom about 4 deployments.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01turdbird
Maybe we could call them Special Special Operations since they are Specops working for SF. lol
or perhaps extra special operations.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LuckySpencer007
HAHA ya ya i know huh? spelling is not my forte from 2-4 en la manana

you have trouble spelling in the tomorrow?

i really hope you didn't pay for your spanish classes either, because you've wasted alot of time, money and space.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=ImpalaSSpeed96;11696313
Far as the Minot comment, have you been here? If not, don't even talk about Minot and how bad it sucks. You have no idea....
Wish you all the luck in your AF career.[/QUOTE]

i was in grand forks close enough. been to minot a few times visiting friends in the local area but that was the summer time. i know all about sitting on the flightline in a nd winter/windstorm. nothing like gassing a/c when its 60 below outside. btw i did a lil over 6 years there only missed one winter.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sparky1397r
you have trouble spelling in the tomorrow?

i really hope you didn't pay for your spanish classes either, because you've wasted alot of time, money and space.
Never took a forign language class, i tink ima spkell crappjy now cuze it eeem to bothwer u s0 mucho
Old 06-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Teching In

I am proud, so much easier to follow now!

Yep, 60 credits. How I know? I been 2 classes shy for oh, about 3 years now... Taking care of it very shortly though...

Deploy as much as they let you. Its much easier than being at homestation and it affords you plenty of mod money. I'm dying to deploy right now, unfortuanately manning is so terrible we've had to reclom about 4 deployments.
Well it looks like i'll be a couple classes short then too. It depends on how many credits i get from tech school, any ideas? someone said 15 on here.

I want to deploy!!!! I hope i get the chance to. Sorry I forgot multiquote haha
Old 06-03-2009, 11:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jester177
i was in grand forks close enough. been to minot a few times visiting friends in the local area but that was the summer time. i know all about sitting on the flightline in a nd winter/windstorm. nothing like gassing a/c when its 60 below outside. btw i did a lil over 6 years there only missed one winter.
GF is so much better than Minot!!! God this place is horrible!!! I've given up on the "it is what you make it". I'm fully confident there is nothing to make of this place...
Old 06-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm security forces and I'm in Bagram right now doing QRF. We took over the towers from the 101st and 82nd airborne. We will be going outside the wire everyday here. Army Marines and Navy and the rest of the Air force live in dorms and b-hute. EXCEPT Security forces. We live in 180 man tents with porta ******** and cold comabt showers in tent bladders. No substandard living pay. Once again SF...BOHICA...Bend over here it comes again...
Old 06-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
I'm security forces and I'm in Bagram right now doing QRF. We took over the towers from the 101st and 82nd airborne. We will be going outside the wire everyday here. Army Marines and Navy and the rest of the Air force live in dorms and b-hute. EXCEPT Security forces. We live in 180 man tents with porta ******** and cold comabt showers in tent bladders. No substandard living pay. Once again SF...BOHICA...Bend over here it comes again...

not true 2T1X1s live in tents sometimes not even, and are out of the wire almost every day.....so i think we are right there on the same level.....
Old 06-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Launching!

GF is so much better than Minot!!! God this place is horrible!!! I've given up on the "it is what you make it". I'm fully confident there is nothing to make of this place...
hahaha. yeah grand forks is kind of the hidden jewel of the air force if you can tolerate the cold winters. at least you are somewhat close to devils lake, channel a is a blast in the spring.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
Ouch. But cool.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Im SF currently in Kuwait... ill tell you a couple things...first i came in the same time as you...basic aint THAT bad during august...(though im from az) the dorms you will live in for tech school are grade A (they were being built when i went through in 06) alot of people hate this career field...and that dipshit tacp guy that was talking to you in the first pages...you can ignore him...he knows nothing about the career field..and has no right to talk about it...as i have no right to talk about his..so let me..tell you...Now granted not every deployment you will be outside the wire...it depends on the tasking and the orders sent down...in a rear area (kuwait, qatar, saudi..etc.) you will work gates and it sucks....however you get to do things no one else does...for example being here in kuwait ive been able to go out and talk and visit with camps outside the wire....for intel purposes, building relations, and security...I have trained Kuwaiti Army/ Land forces with combat tactics...and its a great experience...to sit down and talk with kuwaitis and drink chai (tea) see their culture...and just be in an alien world...you will learn alot...

Now for the forward locations...us SF guys go outside the wire more than people think.... every air base our guys do the off base patrols...convoy missions..our job there is to protect the base and its resource...and create a 5k buffer zone. We even protect some Army bases...such as Camp Bucca (where i was deployed to and attached to an Army unit) our guys were the off base and on base protection..I had the honor to be some of the few to work detainee operations at the TIF while air force worked it.

There are many oportunities for you in this career field...K9, CATM, RAVEN, FAST, SET, (we even have a select few snipers)..and many others...as long as you maintain a positive attitude, volunteer (at the right time lol) and show a good work ethic...oportunities will open up...however if you sulk and whine, complain and bitch and just hate...then you will be stuck on a ECP doing nothing...

We do get fucked over constantly..but dont let the bitching get to you...EVERYONE that is not a cop...save for fire fighters.. hates us...

(and to the Tacp guy)
I dont know what people you have seen...but in my experience of being in this career field..WE do not believe were better than anyone else...but we do and are the AF infantry...and until i see someone else getting in our Hummvees and posts and getting blown up and killed...i will continue to think that...what you see is only a portion of the career...you gotta live it to know it...
Old 06-06-2009, 03:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Von Curry
Im SF currently in Kuwait... ill tell you a couple things...first i came in the same time as you...basic aint THAT bad during august...(though im from az) the dorms you will live in for tech school are grade A (they were being built when i went through in 06)
Ya i'll have to get used to the heat. MAX it gets in the summer in denver is 100, and then the next day it rains lol. So you went through when BMT was about six and a half weeks right? Any word on how it has changed since its now 8 and a half? And i've heard the air force takes care of us like that, which is cool, but its kinda like 'We'll give you some kick *** nice living areas in training, but this is a pre-thank you for having to live in 180 man tents with no sub standard living pay' (transamcoupe98)

alot of people hate this career field...and that dipshit tacp guy that was talking to you in the first pages...you can ignore him...he knows nothing about the career field..and has no right to talk about it...as i have no right to talk about his..so let me..tell you...Now granted not every deployment you will be outside the wire...it depends on the tasking and the orders sent down...in a rear area (kuwait, qatar, saudi..etc.) you will work gates and it sucks....however you get to do things no one else does...for example being here in kuwait ive been able to go out and talk and visit with camps outside the wire....for intel purposes, building relations, and security...I have trained Kuwaiti Army/ Land forces with combat tactics...and its a great experience...to sit down and talk with kuwaitis and drink chai (tea) see their culture...and just be in an alien world...you will learn alot...
That is so cool, excatly what i want to experience when it comes to understanding other cultures from different areas. And i agree with your statement on the TACP guy, you have to live it to truly know it. Common sense right there.

Now for the forward locations...us SF guys go outside the wire more than people think.... every air base our guys do the off base patrols...convoy missions..our job there is to protect the base and its resource...and create a 5k buffer zone. We even protect some Army bases...such as Camp Bucca (where i was deployed to and attached to an Army unit) our guys were the off base and on base protection..I had the honor to be some of the few to work detainee operations at the TIF while air force worked it.
Sweeeeet! but i'm sorry, obviously newb Q but whats TIF?

There are many oportunities for you in this career field...K9, CATM, RAVEN, FAST, SET, (we even have a select few snipers)..and many others...as long as you maintain a positive attitude, volunteer (at the right time lol) and show a good work ethic...oportunities will open up...however if you sulk and whine, complain and bitch and just hate...then you will be stuck on a ECP doing nothing...

We do get fucked over constantly..but dont let the bitching get to you...EVERYONE that is not a cop...save for fire fighters.. hates us...
I plan on doing just that, and trying to advance in the many different opportunities. Have you done K9, CATM, RAVEN, FAST, SET? Experiences? Comments? And about having everyone hate you... lol... every job i've had i'd had to enforce a rule or something where a lot of people are not happy at all. It sucks, but it has to be done.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY, POSSIBLY YHE MOST HELPFUL YET
Old 06-06-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Im SF currently in Kuwait... ill tell you a couple things...first i came in the same time as you...basic aint THAT bad during august...(though im from az) the dorms you will live in for tech school are grade A (they were being built when i went through in 06) alot of people hate this career field...and that dipshit tacp guy that was talking to you in the first pages...you can ignore him...he knows nothing about the career field..and has no right to talk about it...as i have no right to talk about his..so let me..tell you...Now granted not every deployment you will be outside the wire...it depends on the tasking and the orders sent down...in a rear area (kuwait, qatar, saudi..etc.) you will work gates and it sucks....however you get to do things no one else does...for example being here in kuwait ive been able to go out and talk and visit with camps outside the wire....for intel purposes, building relations, and security...I have trained Kuwaiti Army/ Land forces with combat tactics...and its a great experience...to sit down and talk with kuwaitis and drink chai (tea) see their culture...and just be in an alien world...you will learn alot...

(and to the Tacp guy)
I dont know what people you have seen...but in my experience of being in this career field..WE do not believe were better than anyone else...but we do and are the AF infantry...and until i see someone else getting in our Hummvees and posts and getting blown up and killed...i will continue to think that...what you see is only a portion of the career...you gotta live it to know it...

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!! so much for mr. TACP guy.. hes probably not even a TACP guy..hes probably a washout..lol..

just to let people know, ive done convoys from camp arifjan all the way up to the turkey border on MSR tampa not the safest place to be.. might i also add, i was one of only 10-12 security forces and the rest were 2T1 transportation people.. security forces driving big *** 18 wheeles with connex boxes on them.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Teching In

I feel TACP's can be as cocky as they want to be. They have saved my *** on more than one occasion and there are not a lot of guys out there that can say they called in a spectre and blew up half a mountain to get booger eaters that were hiding in the rocks, made a makeshift airfield so that we can get extracted with our trucks, or walked us out of a hot zone via ISR with a reaper. TACP's kick *** and can also keep up with the best of them, mounted or not. Security Forces, I dont know much of. I know MP's get hooked up if they go the right route, ie CID and what not. Both jobs have valuable points, lets focus our frustration at the stinky that is calling out our position and not each other. SAME TEAM!!!

This coming from an ARMY SF Commo SSG.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Para67camaro
Both jobs have valuable points, lets focus our frustration at the stinky that is calling out our position and not each other. SAME TEAM!!!

Bravo, dido, excatly, thank you
Old 06-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Para67camaro
I feel TACP's can be as cocky as they want to be. They have saved my *** on more than one occasion and there are not a lot of guys out there that can say they called in a spectre and blew up half a mountain to get booger eaters that were hiding in the rocks, made a makeshift airfield so that we can get extracted with our trucks, or walked us out of a hot zone via ISR with a reaper. TACP's kick *** and can also keep up with the best of them, mounted or not. Security Forces, I dont know much of. I know MP's get hooked up if they go the right route, ie CID and what not. Both jobs have valuable points, lets focus our frustration at the stinky that is calling out our position and not each other. SAME TEAM!!!

oh im with you on that man I got nothing but respect for all the ground pounders and special forces guys...i just dont appreciate a guy underestimating my career..i dont bash on you guys...so i appreciate the same...you know?
Old 06-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Teching In

TIF is Theatre Internment Facility..which is where a vast majority of the detainees aka prisoners that are rounded up in Iraq go to...

I plan on doing just that, and trying to advance in the many different opportunities. Have you done K9, CATM, RAVEN, FAST, SET? Experiences? Comments? And about having everyone hate you... lol... every job i've had i'd had to enforce a rule or something where a lot of people are not happy at all. It sucks, but it has to be done.

I have not done none of the above...however i have worked with many of the guys on that list and i get to see them in action...I am aiming at Lateral training to k-9 big bonus and cool stuff...these guys hook up with Army and do alot of exciting yet dangerous jobs....its hard to get into Raven, Fast and Set as those ppl are usually chosen (these jobs dont require a lateral train aka tech school)

as for everyone hating us...i honestly dont know why...id love to hear why (af guys speak up) i think of us as that guy who goes to a dress party with a beard and jeans...we stand out and are always rough around the edges..but yea we get alot of disrespect...or you get an NCO who tries to pull his stripes on you...which our badge and athourity gives us the right to tell a higher ranking individual to do something (as long as its legal and within reason...its called a lawfull order) the worst part i think is that since we are the most visible on base..aka you go outside you see us...so everyone loves to get a cop in trouble if they catch him doing something he aint suppose to..

to sum up the job...Its not hard to do in the sense of intelligence such as those mechanics and com guys... but its hard to do mentally...as it wears you down and tires you out mentally...you work LONG hours... 14 hours a day...and just have to deal with bullshit from everyone....you know? rude ppl disrespectfull ppl...incidents...leadership tightening their grip around your *****....but with everything....there a things that suck and things that are cool...
Old 06-08-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

TIF is Theatre Internment Facility..which is where a vast majority of the detainees aka prisoners that are rounded up in Iraq go to...

I have not done none of the above...however i have worked with many of the guys on that list and i get to see them in action...I am aiming at Lateral training to k-9 big bonus and cool stuff...these guys hook up with Army and do alot of exciting yet dangerous jobs....its hard to get into Raven, Fast and Set as those ppl are usually chosen (these jobs dont require a lateral train aka tech school)

as for everyone hating us...i honestly dont know why...id love to hear why (af guys speak up) i think of us as that guy who goes to a dress party with a beard and jeans...we stand out and are always rough around the edges..but yea we get alot of disrespect...or you get an NCO who tries to pull his stripes on you...which our badge and athourity gives us the right to tell a higher ranking individual to do something (as long as its legal and within reason...its called a lawfull order) the worst part i think is that since we are the most visible on base..aka you go outside you see us...so everyone loves to get a cop in trouble if they catch him doing something he aint suppose to..

to sum up the job...Its not hard to do in the sense of intelligence such as those mechanics and com guys... but its hard to do mentally...as it wears you down and tires you out mentally...you work LONG hours... 14 hours a day...and just have to deal with bullshit from everyone....you know? rude ppl disrespectfull ppl...incidents...leadership tightening their grip around your *****....but with everything....there a things that suck and things that are cool...

on top of long hours, you sitting at the gate missing thanksgiving, christmas and so fourth especially if its raining while everybody and TACP is at home. but its our job and we still go out there and do it..

i just think its funny that the TACP guy thinks and assumes he knows everything about security forces..lol.

Quick Reply: Usafsf