Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Usafsf

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That made me LoL.

Originally Posted by Jperran
Nobody brought up PJ's, but sitting on their *** PJ's are 1,000 times more cool guy than an SF troop will ever be.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Teching In

I am not in the AF so I wont talk about afsf in particular I will say that alot of the young army mp's seem to get off over being able to tell higher rank guy to do something. You see alot of the little guy syndrome or I was picked on a highschooler and am going to make up for it now attitude in MPs. Not all of them for sure I have meet some cool ones but that is the way alot of them seem to be. And if you are anything out of the ordinary watch out not wearing unit patches over in Iraq was almost a sure way to get extra attention by the MPs in Iraq
Old 06-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Teching In

yea there are a few guys i know and ncos above me that have that little guy syndrome...i hate that stuff...im a pretty laid back guy myself...I think alot of our rules are stupid...but i gotta do what im told...and I treat people pretty good unless they treat me like **** first...I joined it to help my resume for becoming a cop later in life...
Old 06-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
on top of long hours, you sitting at the gate missing thanksgiving, christmas and so fourth especially if its raining while everybody and TACP is at home. but its our job and we still go out there and do it..

i just think its funny that the TACP guy thinks and assumes he knows everything about security forces..lol.
yea man i dunno if they stay home as as most career fields (tacp) but thats true many people dont see what we do...as 95% of the careers dont go outside the wire...so they only see us on base at a gate/plane or patrolling...and the ones outside the wire dont see us because they either respond to a call by us (EOD) or they are off doing their own stuff (Tacp, PJs..etc etc) the only people who see us outside the wire are the locals and other sf guys...its one of those jobs that are underestimated...and misunderstood...
Old 06-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LuckySpencer007
I will actually. The CCAF will approve my 28 transfer credit hours from my college in Denver, and I will get an associates in Criminal Justice STR8 out.
You have to have your 5 level before you can get your CCAF. That will be at least 12 months after you get to your first duty station.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:43 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by Von Curry
...but we do and are the AF infantry...and until i see someone else getting in our Hummvees and posts and getting blown up and killed...i will continue to think that...what you see is only a portion of the career...you gotta live it to know it...
No you're the AF's MPs. There is nothing wrong or degrading about that. But don't confuse your job with an Army's 11X.

Examples of other people going outside the wire:
-Aircrew
-OSI
-CE
-Intel
-ALO's
-And all the other AF beret wearing folk

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!! so much for mr. TACP guy.. hes probably not even a TACP guy..hes probably a washout..lol..

as for everyone hating us...i honestly dont know why...id love to hear why (af guys speak up) i think of us as that guy who goes to a dress party with a beard and jeans...we stand out and are always rough around the edges..but yea we get alot of disrespect...or you get an NCO who tries to pull his stripes on you...which our badge and athourity gives us the right to tell a higher ranking individual to do something (as long as its legal and within reason...its called a lawfull order) the worst part i think is that since we are the most visible on base..aka you go outside you see us...so everyone loves to get a cop in trouble if they catch him doing something he aint suppose to..
I respect you guys, you have a hard and thankless job. But so do a lot of people. When's the last time you thanked an Aircrew guy?

You have a tricky line between authority and rank.

I don't enjoy anyone getting in trouble. But I think it's even worse when a cop does it, because most likely they have issued tickets in the past for that same crap. I forgot where but two SF troops just got slammed for street racing and running from the cops...I think it was Minot.

to sum up the job...Its not hard to do in the sense of intelligence such as those mechanics and com guys... but its hard to do mentally...as it wears you down and tires you out mentally...you work LONG hours... 14 hours a day...and just have to deal with bullshit from everyone....you know? rude ppl disrespectfull ppl...incidents...leadership tightening their grip around your *****....but with everything....there a things that suck and things that are cool...
I think a lot of people have those same problems. I am familiar with aircrew so I will use them as an example. We easily have 12 hour+ days Mon-Fri. And thats home station...deployed...we have pre-brief, walk to the jet, ground checks, the flight, de-brief then our "mandatory" "eight" hour crew rest and do it all again. And people think aircrew are the laziest people on the planet. So it kinda rubs us sideways when on the way back from a 16 hour flight/day we get pulled over for 1 mph over the speed limit.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by StoleIt
No you're the AF's MPs. There is nothing wrong or degrading about that. But don't confuse your job with an Army's 11X.

Examples of other people going outside the wire:
-Aircrew
-OSI
-CE
-Intel
-ALO's
-And all the other AF beret wearing folk

I respect you guys, you have a hard and thankless job. But so do a lot of people. When's the last time you thanked an Aircrew guy?

You have a tricky line between authority and rank.

I don't enjoy anyone getting in trouble. But I think it's even worse when a cop does it, because most likely they have issued tickets in the past for that same crap. I forgot where but two SF troops just got slammed for street racing and running from the cops...I think it was Minot.

I think a lot of people have those same problems. I am familiar with aircrew so I will use them as an example. We easily have 12 hour+ days Mon-Fri. And thats home station...deployed...we have pre-brief, walk to the jet, ground checks, the flight, de-brief then our "mandatory" "eight" hour crew rest and do it all again. And people think aircrew are the laziest people on the planet. So it kinda rubs us sideways when on the way back from a 16 hour flight/day we get pulled over for 1 mph over the speed limit.

this isnt about an aircrew guy bro!! this is about some TACP guy running his mouth about security forces not knowing half the stuff he talks about? what im sayin is, who is out there when its over 100+ degree weather, raining, snowing..its security forces.. yeah its our job, i dont complian, its easy.. just hate seeing the young Airman out there in working the gate working 14 hours in the bad weather seeing everybody else at home having dinner with the family. but i cant stand people that stereotype security forces like the TACP guy.

security forces is doing alot of outside the wire stuff!!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:25 PM
NKAWTG...N

this isnt about an aircrew guy bro!! this is about some TACP guy running his mouth about security forces not knowing half the stuff he talks about? what im sayin is, who is out there when its over 100+ degree weather, raining, snowing..its security forces.. yeah its our job, i dont complian, its easy.. just hate seeing the young Airman out there in working the gate working 14 hours in the bad weather seeing everybody else at home having dinner with the family. but i cant stand people that stereotype security forces like the TACP guy.

security forces is doing alot of outside the wire stuff!!
Do you know what TACP's do? Because they are out there in the 100+ degree weather...in the rain...in the snow.

They are deeply embedded in Special Forces units, with SOG, etc getting shot at daily, hourly, etc.

TACP's are deployed a lot more often then SF, not question about it. The CCT (similar to a TACP) I met at SNCOA was in the FIELD for 47 days straight living off the back of a truck while embedded with the ASAS. Living out of his backpack and his life entirely dependent on the Talon II to make the airdrop every 5 days. Show me an SF guy who has done that.

I think you are confusing TACP's with finance...
Old 06-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lt1camaro95
You have to have your 5 level before you can get your CCAF. That will be at least 12 months after you get to your first duty station.
eh o well i guess as long as i get it before i'm out i'll be happy. it'll all work out
Old 06-10-2009, 09:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Do you know what TACP's do? Because they are out there in the 100+ degree weather...in the rain...in the snow.

They are deeply embedded in Special Forces units, with SOG, etc getting shot at daily, hourly, etc.

TACP's are deployed a lot more often then SF, not question about it. The CCT (similar to a TACP) I met at SNCOA was in the FIELD for 47 days straight living off the back of a truck while embedded with the ASAS. Living out of his backpack and his life entirely dependent on the Talon II to make the airdrop every 5 days. Show me an SF guy who has done that.

i think u just need to go back and re-read this whole thread!!! the OP plans to join security forces.. and mr. TACP decides to just sterotype security forces and this and that assuming he knows it all. i just wanted to let him know that security doesnt just sit at a gate, and sit on the flightline anymore. they are doin outside the wire stuff and have been the last few years.

security forces is doin things that not even close to what they should be doin.. like ive said you got security forces doing IED sweeps outside the wire, driving 18 wheeler trucks for convoys and whatever else... things that we dont do.

im not trying to get into a pissing contest of whos the baddest career field and so fourth. just wanted to let mr. TACP know that security forces is doing alot more now than sitting at a gate.

you sound like guy who does work finance and wished they went into a career field like security forces or something along those lines..lol.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Teching In

you sound like guy who does work finance and wished they went into a career field like security forces or something along those lines..lol.
stoleit is a pilot.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sparky1397r
stoleit is a pilot.
whoopty whoo!!!

if hes a pilot great!! im not gonna sit there and talk smack about pilots cuz i dont know anything about them or what they do.. unlike mr. TACP. the point im trying to make is this isnt about whos the baddest career field or i do things that you dont do and blah blah blah.. im just trying to let it be known that security forces is doing alot more things that i probably havent even mentioned.

the point is the OP asked about security forces and what to expect and TACP wanted to run his mouth "stereotyping".

Last edited by TXZ28LS1; 06-10-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

no i dont know what TACP does and dont care! but do u see me up here talking smack about other career fields? NO!!
of course there are other jobs out there that are just doing amazing things daily and dangerous things. but im not stereotyping like TACP or trying to say "oh these guys are a bunch of douches" and ive been shot at or ive deployed more than you or they dont do anything and so fourth like TACP said on page 1. we all should appreciate everybodies job regardless of what they do. because in the end the little things they do ensure the mission gets done.

Last edited by TXZ28LS1; 06-10-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:18 PM
NKAWTG...N

Well you did say:
what im sayin is, who is out there when its over 100+ degree weather, raining, snowing..its security forces..
You are making it sound like SF are the only people out there.

we all should appreciate everybodies job regardless of what they do. because in the end the little things they do ensure the mission gets done.
I 100% agree.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Teching In

I 100% agree.
yay for mankind! and we all rejoice in harmony and walk away into the sunset.

Thanks for everyones help, and comments (yes even mr TACP) because now i see what its like for the most part. I'm just excited to go get my *** worked! ahhh! I just wanna go do it!
Old 06-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Teching In

I appreciate everyones comments..you guys have given me some insight as well...i dont want to sound like a dick and keep dragging **** out...I respect everyone in the AF..and all branches...Every career has its bad eggs...and i think that being the largest career in the AF we get alot more bad eggs....You aircrew guys are smart as hell...i wish i knew what the hell you guys did out there...its odd...im in the AF but yet the biggest area i need to understand is the flightline, the planes and what you all do... Stoleit i appreciate your last comment...i knew the aircrew guys worked long and hard...but i dont know what they do...I also wish i could be there everytime a cop pulls someone over...as i hate it when even my own guys pull someone over for a 1mph speed limit violation or **** like that...

I have one question for you though Stoleit...
WHY IN THE HELL DOES EVERY (pilot) 1LT OR 2ndLT AND EVEN YOUNG CAPTAINS GROW THOSE DAMN MUSTACHES!!!? IT DRIVES ME NUTS! they are as old as me....yet they insist on them damn mustaches! no one else wears em except them pilots!?
Old 06-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LuckySpencer007
yay for mankind! and we all rejoice in harmony and walk away into the sunset.

Thanks for everyones help, and comments (yes even mr TACP) because now i see what its like for the most part. I'm just excited to go get my *** worked! ahhh! I just wanna go do it!
I wish you luck man....you will deal with alot of ****...and at times you will wonder what the hell you were thinking..but just keep proactive...and dont let the **** get to your head...stay motivated..stay positive...send me a message when you find out where your getting stationed i know alot of cops from alot of bases...if you get sent to Davis-Monthan hit me up..
Old 06-10-2009, 07:16 PM
NKAWTG...N

I have one question for you though Stoleit...
WHY IN THE HELL DOES EVERY (pilot) 1LT OR 2ndLT AND EVEN YOUNG CAPTAINS GROW THOSE DAMN MUSTACHES!!!? IT DRIVES ME NUTS! they are as old as me....yet they insist on them damn mustaches! no one else wears em except them pilots!?
Haha. It's called "Mustache March."

"Mustache March comes from the legendary fighter pilot retired Brigadier General Robin Olds and his "bullet proof" mustache.

Here's a little wiki history:

"Olds was known for the extravagantly waxed (and decidedly non-regulation) handlebar mustache he sported in Vietnam. It was a common superstition among airmen to grow a "bulletproof mustache", but Olds also used his as a mark of his individuality.

Said Olds:

"Generals visiting Vietnam would kind of laugh at the mustache. I was far away from home. It was a gesture of defiance. The kids on base loved it. Most everybody grew a mustache."

Returning home, however, he discovered not everyone was fond of his flamboyance. When he reported to his first interview with Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. John P. McConnell (a former Strategic Air Command planner and commander), McConnell walked up to him, stuck a finger under his nose and said, "Take it off." Olds replied, "Yes, sir."

The incident with the mustache is given credit as the impetus for a new Air Force tradition, "Mustache March", in which pilots world-wide show solidarity by a symbolic, albeit good-natured "protest" for one month against Air Force facial hair regulations."
Old 06-11-2009, 12:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Haha. It's called "Mustache March."

ahhh...hell nah!! stoleit, i hope u aint got one of those..lol.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:04 AM
NKAWTG...N

ahhh...hell nah!! stoleit, i hope u aint got one of those..lol.
Eh I am too lazy to care at this point. Maybe later if I track fighters...

The good news is its only for a month. Some people do it the entire time they are deployed...

Quick Reply: Usafsf