Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Who misses there car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009 | 05:05 AM
On The Tree

Default Who misses there car?

Hey guys and Gals. I would like to know who if anybody is missing there cars? I got stationed in AK and had to leave my car home with my family. If there was no luck in the world I bought my car in Oct last year and got orders in two weeks after. At first I was going to sell my car but I figured hell no then I was going to ship it and drive the wife's car. But then I figured I have two small kids and a wife thats not going to be fun. So in the end I shipped my wife's car and let the parents take car of my ride while I'm gone. I'm just wondering if anybody out there has there car at home or in storage somewhere out there. Everyday I miss it. I thought I was going to be gone for three years and then I found out four is my tour. Please tell me I'm not the only one that did this. I sure hope its in one piece when I get home.
Old 06-14-2009 | 05:42 AM
TECH Regular

I went overseas to Iraq in 2004 and I bought my T/A while I was home on leave, about half way through my tour. I told my mom to put the car in storage as I did not want anyone driving it. Come to find out, when I got back my mom and her friend had been cruising around in it the whole time. It was bone stock then so not really a big deal, but needless to say she took pretty good care of it.

I would not worry about it, and if you are have to, put it in storage. I know mine was not 4 years, but same concept I guess...
Old 06-14-2009 | 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I hear ya man, lots of us have had to do it. Just look at it this way: at least it'll keep the miles off lol. Keep it in storage, keep a full tank of gas in it with sta-bil, unhook the battery if no one is gonna start it, or just take it out completely to avoid acid leaking out over time. Keep a car cover on it as well.
Old 06-14-2009 | 08:13 AM
Staging Lane

my car is in storage right now +1 on the sta-bill with a full tank. I also put mine on jack stands in all four corners on the suspension. Then I unpluged my battery, threw a car cover over it. Had to take my antena off though cause car cover didn't have a spot for it. Then I told my car I love her and will see her in a year, kissed her grille, turned out the light and shut the garage door.
Old 06-20-2009 | 11:41 PM
Banned

i first left my car in June of 2007 for a 7 month deployment. When i got back i dove the hell out of her. I even decided to drive it back to Cali from Florida. Now im stationed in Korea for a year (6 months left) and i miss the hell out of my car, in the meantime im getting heads and cam done to it, so when i go back im gonna have FUN FUN FUN. what keeps me sane is looking at pictures of my car or watching some of the vids i made while i was driving it. ahhhhhhh
Old 06-21-2009 | 02:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

third deployment here. i hate leaving it every time. no one really takes much care of it mechanically. luckily i have an awesome wife who washes it and keeps it covered, and starts it every week. but, like i said, she sucks at cars so if something happened mechanically she would be up **** creek lol. I definitely am feeling you right now on the missing my car. i get to see it in 12 days!

Last edited by SPLATT; 06-21-2009 at 03:04 AM.
Old 06-21-2009 | 04:22 AM
TECH Regular

Yup currently deployed on the 31st meu and missin my car. I worry about it every day, especially cause i left it in storage on Camp Pendleton, which was a huge mistake, i did all the usual to keep it form getting messed up i just hope the car cover stays on. I shouldnt of listened to my ex-fiance and just took it home instead i took the Tahoe to my parents.

Trending Topics

Old 06-21-2009 | 05:09 AM
TECH Regular

When I left home a few months ago my car was stock. Earlier today a buddy of mine sent me a video of car being started up after a Procharger installation. Needless to say, I can't wait to drive my car.
Old 06-21-2009 | 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

i miss mine every day. even dream about it...yeah kinda twisted like that but like when i left i had barely put the turbo kit on and drove it maybe 1000 miles before i had to put it up. and before i had the turbo kit i had the car on stands for almost a year becuase i was building the kit up.... so i only got to drive that car for 1000 miles in the last year so much for a street car haha.
Old 06-21-2009 | 05:17 PM
TECH Regular

Left is home just after I bought it when I was stationed in Germany. That was from December 03 - April 06 that I never once got to drive it then it sat in a garage while I was deployed to Iraq and Honduras. So since owning it in Sep 03, its sat for close to 4 years.
Old 06-22-2009 | 02:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if anyone is around the San diego area with stored cars and currently on deployment, give me about a month to get situated and i can go and check on them for you etc... just shoot me a PM
Old 06-22-2009 | 03:54 AM
TECH Regular

Damn mine is in pendleton if you go up that way i will shoot you a PM
Old 06-22-2009 | 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

pendleton isnt too far. just shoot me a PM like i said brother, I will go and make sure it is all in one piece and whatnot, Like i said though, it will be about a month, as i will be commencing post deployment stand down here in about a week .
Old 06-22-2009 | 01:30 PM
On The Tree

damn i feel for ya'll my brother is currently awaiting deployment as we speek adn i know he is gonna miss his baby but she's in good hands (mine)
Old 06-24-2009 | 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigT2002
Left is home just after I bought it when I was stationed in Germany. That was from December 03 - April 06 that I never once got to drive it then it sat in a garage while I was deployed to Iraq and Honduras. So since owning it in Sep 03, its sat for close to 4 years.
How was your car when you got back? Did anyone take care of it for you change the oil everything. I'm scared to death after 4 years my car is going to be destroyed. Not from abuse but from not being run like it should. I'm also afraid my gas is going to be garbage. I left it with a full tank and Stabil in it but the bottle said only good for a year. I know they probably won't go through a full tank while I'm gone.
Old 07-13-2009 | 10:18 AM
Launching!

I here it! I am in Korea right now and I am doing a two year tour. I am through my first year and I went home to drive the car for a month. I spent the first two weeks rebuilding the engine so I drove it for two weeks. Not complaining but putting my car up for the second time sucked. I can't wait to get home. Only SNCO's Get to have cars or really drive here in Korea.... Oh well only ten months left.
Old 07-13-2009 | 10:34 AM
Teching In

Yeah being without my car for so long has been killing me! I left for the Navy in August last year and i have only gotten to drive it on the two times i went back once for the wedding and once for christmas. Now i have been deployed for the past 6 months and im heading home! I am stationed in Mayport Fl, and i left my car at my parents since im rebuilding it and i didnt have a garage. I am thinking of getting a garage out here since i can get a garage at the apartments im getting. So i may leave it at home, but i want it so bad and its hard to leave it alone. I think im having seperation anxiety
Old 07-14-2009 | 06:28 AM
12 Second Club

This thread sucks! I'm getting ready to leave in damn 2 weeks to Korea for a year. Finally got a car I really enjoy and now I can't drive the damn thing. Longest gone was a few 6 month deployments prior to being a MTI, but I'm gonna miss this one. Wife told me the other day "she was gonna take it to a car wash once every two weeks or so and spray it off". I about came unglued on her, there will be no spray car wash with this car. The wife likes to use the damn brush there and even after showing her the swirl marks on her car she doesn't get it.
Tate
Old 07-14-2009 | 06:43 AM
Launching!

i feel your guys pain. ive been stationed in AK for a while and there was no way i was going to take my SS up there... plus they wanted 350 a month for insurance on it in alaska. So i left it in california at my parents it gets driven about every 6 months when i come home on leave from alaska or leave from iraq. 1 month left to go here. then all i have to do is wait till Christmas to get home and drive it again..... All jokes aside.. i dream about driving it... and may be wrong to say but i miss it more than my wife
Old 07-25-2009 | 12:37 PM
Teching In

I'd say stop whining and go get the damn car. I drove my Jeep from Florida to Alaska for a PCS. I was able to enjoy it as a broke-*** Airman living in the dorm on $750 paychecks every two weeks, and a $300 a month insurance payment. Then I bought a Mustang, and two weeks later left for Korea. I took my Mid-Tour leave to fly back to Alaska, put the Mustang on a trailer behind the Jeep, and towed the whole shebang all the way back down into southern California to store with my folks for 6 months till I got my UK assignment. Got here, took leave to go buy my C6 in Florida, and shipped it back to the UK with me.

Man up and sell the car, or go get it. Nothing's stopping you.

Quick Reply: Who misses there car?