Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Hawaii folks...I got a question for ya..

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 03:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hawaii has annual inpsections to check safety items. You can run out of state plates, but usually people change to Hawaii plates, being military stationed here, it only costs $20.50 a year for registration, and less than $20 for the safety check. It's hard to beat that, and that's why people usually change plates.

Hart, the local airport doesn't have any unused runways to rent. The military bases have some that might be useable, but convincing military leaders that the legal responsibilities and insurance issues are worth taking is a whole different thing.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys!
MIKE
Old 03-23-2010, 12:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see you around when you get here.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Looks as though I am back on assignment for Wheeler again.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Addict

Congrats.see ya around.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hows everything going out there in Hawaii fella's? I'm two months away and super eager to get out there. Any big car shows or anything coming up next year to look forward to?
Old 11-28-2010, 03:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

my coming home party is all for now hehehe. track is opening at somepoint next year, but since i have under tha sea for the last few months all i know is what friends tell me.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HartAttack
Hows everything going out there in Hawaii fella's? I'm two months away and super eager to get out there. Any big car shows or anything coming up next year to look forward to?

goin good with cruize night once everymonth held at different location around the island.we just got done these past sat.weekend with our Toys for Tots once a year held at Kaneohe Marine Co Base. for a good cause.also checkout our hangout by the NEX parking lot everyweekend fri. and sat. night.Im sure youll be amused by the amout of cars that shows up.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 35th SS
goin good with cruize night once everymonth held at different location around the island.we just got done these past sat.weekend with our Toys for Tots once a year held at Kaneohe Marine Co Base. for a good cause.also checkout our hangout by the NEX parking lot everyweekend fri. and sat. night.Im sure youll be amused by the amout of cars that shows up.
Very nice. We used to do poker runs and toys for tots back at Eglin AFB. Super fun, and for a great cause of course. Nice to see something like that out there. Good job!

I'm stoked. Nice to see a weekly hangout going on with other car fanatics. I will be looking for someone to give me a tune pretty quickly after getting there in Feb. I got a g5x3 variant that's waiting to go in as well as a bunch of other random parts to make the Firehawk stand out a bit more. Any Ls1 tuners on the Island?
Old 11-29-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Is there any news about the drag strip re-opening?
Old 11-30-2010, 01:45 AM
TECH Addict

check out the HIFBA site.Vengeance Racing out of Georgia is planning to come out around Jan-Feb.timeframe next year to do some tuning if thiers is enough people.didnt wanna post anything since Im still up in the air with my plans for the newly acquired toyBLK 08 C6/A6 picked up late July of this year.looking to go blown on this one.

as far as the track we might have something next year not in the old HRP in Campbell.Kalaeloa Raceway Park located in Barbers Point just opened recently with thier sand drags races and just broke ground for the dirt oval track.next in the planning is the 1/8th or 1/4mi. track.will see.dont get excited yet.will know more by next year.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 35th SS
check out the HIFBA site.Vengeance Racing out of Georgia is planning to come out around Jan-Feb.timeframe next year to do some tuning if thiers is enough people.didnt wanna post anything since Im still up in the air with my plans for the newly acquired toyBLK 08 C6/A6 picked up late July of this year.looking to go blown on this one.

as far as the track we might have something next year not in the old HRP in Campbell.Kalaeloa Raceway Park located in Barbers Point just opened recently with thier sand drags races and just broke ground for the dirt oval track.next in the planning is the 1/8th or 1/4mi. track.will see.dont get excited yet.will know more by next year.
Right on. I would absolutely be down to get a tune. But they would have to wait untill late February. My last day in Korea is 10 Feb. As soon as i get out there, and get my TMO i will be stabbing that cam/Longtubes in asap. I didnt have a chance before i sent the car here. Shoot i only had the car like a month before i PCS'd Eglin.
Atleast there is a chance for some drag racing sometime soon. I wish we could somehow organize 1 mile racing on an air strip out there. I know there has to be some other run ways on the island??
Old 11-30-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

as far as using the runways not a chance even with the military.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Anticipation is killing me! only a week and a half to go till i am on the island...Looks like my Firehawk is just about there...a few days ago it was on the carrier...
Cannot wait to get back in the driver seat of the Firehawk to cruise the island!
Old 01-19-2011, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey chris thats your old car in gm high tech isnt it? guy just added some stiff twin turbos to it. http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...aro/index.html

Tj;s iroc should be in or on the cover of chevy high performance next month keep ya eye out

Last edited by SIC LSX; 01-19-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
hey chris thats your old car in gm high tech isnt it? guy just added some stiff twin turbos to it. http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...aro/index.html

Tj;s iroc should be in or on the cover of chevy high performance next month keep ya eye out
I'm not sure...It looks almost the same, with the exception of the spoiler, different seats, and wheels. But almost the same exact look and style i had with mine.

Here is a link with the old article from March '08 with Pics to compare.
http://gmhightechperformance.automot...aro/index.html

I never heard anything from the guy that bought my '91. He doesn't post on Ls1tech anymore, and he never responded to an email i sent. For all i know he died in the car?

Thats awesome TJ finally is getting his car in the mag. Well deserved for sure!
I look forward to that!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

he has been in a few small pics from lsx holleyfest. I was told thats your old car he just did some upgrades. been a few people from pensacola in mags. David lizear aka stripes was on the cover with a spead, a SS montie lsx was in and now TJ maybe be on the cover with a spead

Last edited by SIC LSX; 01-20-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
he has been in a few small pics from lsx holleyfest. I was told thats your old car he just did some upgrades. been a few people from pensacola in mags. David lizear aka stripes was on the cover with a spead, a SS montie lsx was in and now TJ maybe be on the cover with a spead

Who told you that "was" my old car? Hard to tell without looking at certain things on the car..mainly underneath. If it is he really did some overhauling on it. Switched it to a M6, obviously the Twin setup, the spoiler, gauges inside, different seats, and wheels. But the same theme.
Reading the article though says he bought another 3rd gen body to put on this frame and then build this. So I'm thinking it was just a similar themed version of mine but with a LOT more money into it.

David "Stripes" got a cover spread?? Which mag, and what month/year! That's awesome...i need to get that. I've seen his car come along way from what it used to be
Old 01-20-2011, 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

gm high tech http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...aro/index.html he finally put his really big motor in it and had a hard time getting it down the track. I was told he traded it for some crazy street twinturbo vette in texas

another gulf coast car keith
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com.../photo_29.html

and Robert strong monte is in this month issue under lsx shootout next to davids camaro in the mag for 2nd time

Last edited by SIC LSX; 01-20-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats an awesome success story on David's part. I remember racing him when he was just lid/exhaust rolling on zr1's in that car. Now its this beast... Crazyness. HE has came along way. I'm stoked for him thats awesome. I will have to hit him up to say congrats soon.

Quick Reply: Hawaii folks...I got a question for ya..