Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

God I hate the DEERS office(s)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default God I hate the DEERS office(s)

Is there any way to add a dependent without waiting in line at the DEERS office for two days?

My reserve station is over 120 miles away - they open at 06 and last time my wife and I got there at 04:45 and there was a line already wrapped around the side of the building. Before they unlocked the door, we were told the line was too long and they wouldn't be able to help anyone past a yellow stripe painted on the sidewalk.

Theres a reserve Army unit here locally but their hours are 9-11, 1:30-3 assuming someone unlocks the door. This morning, we were approx #16 in line (got there at 07:30) and they helped maybe 3 people and told the rest of us they were going to lunch and wouldn't be back "for a coupla hours"

I've tried using the DEERS website and it takes me to the MyPay login, then a page to update my address but nothing else

TIA
Old 01-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if so i haven't found it yet
Old 01-11-2011, 06:59 AM
EW1
Launching!

You should be able to fax in the paperwork straight to DEERs according to their website. Here is the link;
http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nhcgl/...dateDEERS.aspx
Old 01-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Where exactly are you in central Tx? If you can get get to Ft. Hood that would be your best bet.

On a side note: You live in Texas! 120 miles shouldn't be anything for you. lol

Seriously though, (I understand this is frustrating for you and your family). Check the internet, there may be another reserve unit closer than yours.

Scott
Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HowdyZ_28
Where exactly are you in central Tx? If you can get get to Ft. Hood that would be your best bet.

On a side note: You live in Texas! 120 miles shouldn't be anything for you. lol

Seriously though, (I understand this is frustrating for you and your family). Check the internet, there may be another reserve unit closer than yours.

Scott
I'm in College Station. My reserve unit is at Ellington Field on the far side of Houston. The distance isnt a problem, its navigating Houston traffic regardless of the time of day. There's an Army reserve station here in Bryan but they're the guys that show up when they feel like and take 3hr lunch breaks while people are waiting.

I'll look into Ft Hood
Old 01-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Best thing to do, I hate to say would be to file a complaint, talk to the post general file an ICE complaint. I work with deers sorta, work in a hospital, and the horror stories for this and for other problems is getting bad, but if you complain to the section NCO, he/she may not give a damned, if you complain up the chain, then its different.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, dealing with DEERS always sucks. I've never ran into issues as bad as yours, but I'm used to it being at least a 3+hr ordeal to do anything. ICE is usually a good way to go because it goes up the the post CG or equivlant. I agree with the last post complain up the chain take names and list them as you head up the food chain. Eventually someone will help.

Or, if you can make it to Ft. Hood or Sam Houston the larger bases tend to be more productive as long as you show up early. If you have a base pass and ID you can get on any post and use their services.... BUT I would call first to confirm since they typically do what they want when they want (but you already know that)
Old 01-20-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by VinR1
I'm in College Station. My reserve unit is at Ellington Field on the far side of Houston. The distance isnt a problem, its navigating Houston traffic regardless of the time of day. There's an Army reserve station here in Bryan but they're the guys that show up when they feel like and take 3hr lunch breaks while people are waiting.

I'll look into Ft Hood
Either Ft Hood in Killeen or Ft Sam Houston here in San Antonio.

Quick Reply: God I hate the DEERS office(s)