Old 05-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Village Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok got it...Thanks...
Old 05-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Launching!

Not exactly true as far as SF goes

*DISCLAIMER........I am not special forces but i have closely researched the subject trying to figure out my career path*

Once you make it through all the stages of special forces training you are assigned to an ODA..........BUT throughout the different stages of SF training there are peer evaluations and instructor evaluations to make sure you are the type of soldier that they need and have what it takes to do the mission downrange

but as far a seals go im sure if you dont make it or if you make it through and arent selected you would go back to your previous unit

i do know that there can be up to 18 months of further training before you join up with a seal team
Old 05-26-2010, 05:44 PM
11 Second Club

im not by any means in or close to being in the military, my cousin works for black water...or what ever they are now...
hes still over there, but my question is theres a guy i work with at the prison that says he was a SF srgt but hes only 24? how is it that possible to move up that fast?
Old 05-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lifeisgood
im not by any means in or close to being in the military, my cousin works for black water...or what ever they are now...
hes still over there, but my question is theres a guy i work with at the prison that says he was a SF srgt but hes only 24? how is it that possible to move up that fast?

you can enter the army as an 18X, which is pretty much a pipeline straight into SF without going to a regular line unit and waiting for a chance to go to selections

so you go to infantry school, airborne, SF selections, then onto the many parts of SF qualifications course the whole process taking approx 2 years depending on the SF MOS(job) you do

with that being said from what i understand pretty soon after you make it through the whole process and become SF you are eligible for your E5 (SGT)

so its possible, not saying i believe him but it could be done
Old 05-26-2010, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha, SEALs!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chevySS08
the shitty part about bud/s is even if you pass you still have to be selected by the team by way of a sit down if they dont like the way you carry yourself or think or act your out.

nothing about this statement is true. You will fill out a dream sheet while still in BUD/S that has your choices of where you want to go, then you get detailed their by the detailer at BUPERS or detailed wherever they need you to go.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Village Idiot

I thought this was a great real life sniper video, most if not all on this thread should appreciate this. Hell, even the Seals should appreciate what this Marine Sniper did.. Check this.. One mile real life enemy sniper kill shots..

I'm giving a shout out to the Marine Snipers as this is just awesome.. Proving I'm proud of all our skilled military guys in any unit or division.. I'd buy this dude a drink anytime...

Check this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRYwMrsaLxs

Gotta love the enemy blood spray on the back wall on the last kill shot...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-26-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lifeisgood
Even without a rank bump, which definitely happens, it's possible to reach E-5 in 3yrs. So technically, if he served 4yrs, it's no problem in terms of time.
Originally Posted by anarchy99
nothing about this statement is true. You will fill out a dream sheet while still in BUD/S that has your choices of where you want to go, then you get detailed their by the detailer at BUPERS or detailed wherever they need you to go.
There is still the possibility that a man could complete the training and not be put on a team for any reason.

I think I recently read something about making a change for a similar problem. It went along the lines of a trained, but not fully "qualified operator" SEAL being placed with a team, but that team still having a void for missions. While he's technically billeted and there, he may not be fully qualified and not be allowed to take part in actual missions. I'm sure this came from a military source, but I can't remember where.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Even without a rank bump, which definitely happens, it's possible to reach E-5 in 3yrs. So technically, if he served 4yrs, it's no problem in terms of time.
xrays have a minimum enlistment of 5 years, just fyi. Combine that with a minimum of 3 years in group after graduation, and a lot of them have to extend. Mr 24 year old ex sf guy could very well have been support, they always claim sf status. well not always... most of the time
Old 05-26-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I think I recently read something about making a change for a similar problem. It went along the lines of a trained, but not fully "qualified operator" SEAL being placed with a team, but that team still having a void for missions. While he's technically billeted and there, he may not be fully qualified and not be allowed to take part in actual missions. I'm sure this came from a military source, but I can't remember where.
Your just going to have to take my word on this. Your wrong, I'm right. Before coming to a Team now, new guys get their Trident straight out of SQT, giving them all the pays and benefits of a real life Navy Seal Operator. Whether their track record at BUD/S was spectacular or not, they are given a clean slate when they reach a Team, Period.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Village Idiot

Thanks for popping back in on the thread...Ok, let me get this straight..

So in other words it's your choice preference while your still in BUD/S training on where you want to eventually end up as a Seal once you graduate all the training courses? Then at that point you are then evaluated and appoved by the appropriate channels to get your request granted for the team position of your choice? You're actually not selected by your overall skill set first then?

Ok, so you ultimately have the choice to the end up doing what you want to do as a Seal... That's cool for the individual I guess...

I'm thinking - What if you personally or accidently chose to be selected for something your not very good at as Seal while your still in BUD/S? Is your career as a Seal ruined at that point if you make the wrong choice during BUD/S?......
Old 05-26-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

The teams you pick are really just to let them know your preference on which coast you want to go to. New guys will go to a team on their preferred coast that is not getting ready to deploy or not finishing up their training cycle. The only people keyholed into a job from BUD/S are corpsman, and they will be sent to the 18D short course. Everyone else can choose what they want to do when they get to a team as all new guys are trained to the basics in every job a Team guy does.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

The teams you pick are really just to let them know your preference on which coast you want to go to. New guys will go to a team on their preferred coast that is not getting ready to deploy or not finishing up their training cycle. The only people keyholed into a job from BUD/S are corpsman, and they will be sent to the 18D short course. Everyone else can choose what they want to do when they get to a team as all new guys are trained to the basics in every job a Team guy does.

So you decided to come out of the closet
Old 05-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Village Idiot

^^ OK got it..

As this thread comes to an end -

I want to take this time and say thanks to all the active Navy Seals members on this forum as there are a few that actually took the time to send informational PM's to this older AF vet whom is now just a regular everyday civilian dude living in SO Cal. I appreciate all the info shared as I counted 4 of you active Navy Seal guys in total. I suspect there are one or two others that actually posted on this thread as well. I won't call you out or give up screen names. Other none Seals with close friends that are Seals also PM'd me as well and just shared infomation that I can now pass onto my Nef.. You know who you all are and thanks, I feel honored, really...

No gayness and no nutswigging intended, just friendly military respect. Keep up the good work guys....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-27-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mother f*cker, its SEAL

lowercasing it the way you have over the last 8 pages is incredibly disrespectful

Oh, and the AK47 smaller and the M4 a pig!?!? Are you fawking kidding me?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Resident

disrespectful to who, you? It's not like they are saying squid or navy puke. lighten up.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

disrespectful to who, you? It's not like they are saying squid or navy puke. lighten up.

I heard those SWCC guys were pretty badass too. They are like surgeons with Mark boats.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by VinR1
Mother f*cker, its SEAL

lowercasing it the way you have over the last 8 pages is incredibly disrespectful

Oh, and the AK47 smaller and the M4 a pig!?!? Are you fawking kidding me?
Excuse me!!!!!

SEAL, my bad Private Pyle!!!

Never thought of that as disrespect.. Again, I am not a Navy SEAL and honestly I didn't know any better.. Oh, and I've never fired and or held an AK47 or M4, please correct me if I'm mistaken. Also "pig" is an effectionate term where I come from. I often call my girl friend that name

Lighten up as Anarchy says, maybe the military needs to send you to the front lines.. You sound like you are ready to kill somebody..

Just when I thought this thread was coming to an end and getting civil and cool..

Remember, I am not the enemy, the towel heads praying to Ala and swearing to kill an American and or Jew to go to heaven is your enemy. Vent your internal built up anger towards those mother f*ckers.

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-27-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by geoffreymexico
Not exactly true as far as SF goes

*DISCLAIMER........I am not special forces but i have closely researched the subject trying to figure out my career path*

Once you make it through all the stages of special forces training you are assigned to an ODA..........BUT throughout the different stages of SF training there are peer evaluations and instructor evaluations to make sure you are the type of soldier that they need and have what it takes to do the mission downrange

but as far a seals go im sure if you dont make it or if you make it through and arent selected you would go back to your previous unit

I'm not exactly sure that I understand the distinction that you are making?
Old 05-27-2010, 04:53 AM
TECH Addict

Your just going to have to take my word on this. Your wrong, I'm right. Before coming to a Team now, new guys get their Trident straight out of SQT, giving them all the pays and benefits of a real life Navy Seal Operator. Whether their track record at BUD/S was spectacular or not, they are given a clean slate when they reach a Team, Period.
I seriously think you flatly misunderstood my comment. I won't just be taking your word for it, considering I actually know a thing or two about the NAVY, having served in it and all.

It had nothing to do with their track record, but everything to do with being deployed as an operator. According to the NAVY, there are actually 4 steps to becoming a certified operator as a SEAL. Step 2 completed... get the TRIDENT... Then move on to Step 3(advanced training for 6mo) and then 4(certified operator)

I wasn't talking about whether or not they get their TRIDENT(which they do upon SQT completion) or what their pay would be, etc.

Maybe check out www.navy.com to get the info I was talking about. If for some reason you can't find the information stating that any SQT'd new SEAL follows with 6mo more training with his team before he is deployed as an operator, I'll get you the info.

My point was, and is, a new SEAL doesn't simply deploy as an operator after 3rd phase or even after jump training. First he must complete 6mo of Task Group Level training with his SEAL platoon(or SDV task Unit). That stands according to the NAVY, unless they are wrong and you are right as well...

I'm not here to argue with you, but don't tell me you're right and I'm wrong unless you ARE right.... Here, according to the United States Navy, you're wrong. Eh, whado THEY know...

Quick Reply: Any Navy Seals logged on to LS1tech?