Old 05-27-2010, 05:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dumb.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:29 AM
On The Tree

All of the SPEC-OPS groups are bad ***!

Now with that being said, there is a big difference between a man that is trained to swim, a man that is trained to run, a man that is trained to jump and a man that is trained to save lives in dangerous situations.

Every branch has their own respective bad asses that are assigned a specific task, and they all do their task's well.
Folks get in too big of a pissing contest over "who's the baddest" well I'll tell ya. Its not RECON, its not SEALS, its not PJ's, its not RANGER's or DELTA. It's a small group of soldiers that do the dirty work of this country so that everyone in america can sleep in peace at night. You will never know their names, you will never give them credit and you will never want to know just what exactly their actions are that help keep America safe. Any of you soldier's that served over sea's that ever had to clean up the after effects of their exploits will know who I'm refering to.

Personally I'm proud of every single soldier that has served with honor in the name of America and thank you to no end!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SonicBoom
I'm not exactly sure that I understand the distinction that you are making?
you said "Exactly. SEALs, Recon, and SF are all the same (I'm sure this is true of just about all SO and SO-capable units) in the regard that just because you passed the course, doesn't mean that you made the cut"

first off Special Forces isnt a generic term like spec ops. SF refers to U.S. Army Special Forces

and i was just clarifying that if you make it through SF training you definately go to an ODA
Old 05-27-2010, 06:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After SQT its another 18 months of pre-deployment training with there specific team.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by geoffreymexico

and i was just clarifying that if you make it through SF training you definitely go to an ODA
Actually you aren't guaranteed to go to an oda. You might end up in a plethora of places.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I seriously think you flatly misunderstood my comment. I won't just be taking your word for it, considering I actually know a thing or two about the NAVY, having served in it and all.

It had nothing to do with their track record, but everything to do with being deployed as an operator. According to the NAVY, there are actually 4 steps to becoming a certified operator as a SEAL. Step 2 completed... get the TRIDENT... Then move on to Step 3(advanced training for 6mo) and then 4(certified operator)

I wasn't talking about whether or not they get their TRIDENT(which they do upon SQT completion) or what their pay would be, etc.

Maybe check out www.navy.com to get the info I was talking about. If for some reason you can't find the information stating that any SQT'd new SEAL follows with 6mo more training with his team before he is deployed as an operator, I'll get you the info.

My point was, and is, a new SEAL doesn't simply deploy as an operator after 3rd phase or even after jump training. First he must complete 6mo of Task Group Level training with his SEAL platoon(or SDV task Unit). That stands according to the NAVY, unless they are wrong and you are right as well...

I'm not here to argue with you, but don't tell me you're right and I'm wrong unless you ARE right.... Here, according to the United States Navy, you're wrong. Eh, whado THEY know...
Everything you write is either "I read, I've heard or think, or my friend that didn't make it said".
A guy goes to bud/s. Passes bud/s. Goes into the SQT pipeline. Passes that. Gets a K-bar with a dead Team guys name on it and his trident. Fully qualified SEAL. There is no Probation period or trident board anymore. Hasn't been one for 10 years. I know because I took the last one. So read whatever the **** you want on www.Navy.com. I think you know all kinds of things about the Navy and congrats on serving in it, but its obvious you don't know **** about the Teams or the process other than again what "you read somewhere, your friend that didn't make it said, or you think you heard." I've laid out in several posts exactly what happens. Not once have I said that a guy deploys after third phase, but the Team he checks into after SQT may send him overseas for some experience before they start their workup.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Launching!

you said "Exactly. SEALs, Recon, and SF are all the same (I'm sure this is true of just about all SO and SO-capable units) in the regard that just because you passed the course, doesn't mean that you made the cut"

first off Special Forces isnt a generic term like spec ops. SF refers to U.S. Army Special Forces

and i was just clarifying that if you make it through SF training you definately go to an ODA
Yes, I know SF refers to the Green Berets (which is why I make the distinction between SF and SO). I was actually referring more to "along the way" in the training pipeline. For instance, a soldier can successfully make it all the way through to the end of SFAS and and still be rejected. I probably should have clarified my initial statement a little better, but that's what I was referring to.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Boehlke
Actually you aren't guaranteed to go to an oda. You might end up in a plethora of places.
alright ill bite..........where might one go

ps that probably comes across as a smart a$$ remark but im legitimately curious
Old 05-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I seriously think you flatly misunderstood my comment. I won't just be taking your word for it, considering I actually know a thing or two about the NAVY, having served in it and all.

It had nothing to do with their track record, but everything to do with being deployed as an operator. According to the NAVY, there are actually 4 steps to becoming a certified operator as a SEAL. Step 2 completed... get the TRIDENT... Then move on to Step 3(advanced training for 6mo) and then 4(certified operator)

I wasn't talking about whether or not they get their TRIDENT(which they do upon SQT completion) or what their pay would be, etc.

Maybe check out www.navy.com to get the info I was talking about. If for some reason you can't find the information stating that any SQT'd new SEAL follows with 6mo more training with his team before he is deployed as an operator, I'll get you the info.

My point was, and is, a new SEAL doesn't simply deploy as an operator after 3rd phase or even after jump training. First he must complete 6mo of Task Group Level training with his SEAL platoon(or SDV task Unit). That stands according to the NAVY, unless they are wrong and you are right as well...

I'm not here to argue with you, but don't tell me you're right and I'm wrong unless you ARE right.... Here, according to the United States Navy, you're wrong. Eh, whado THEY know...

did it ever occur to you that the guy you are arguing with might know a thing or two about the subject he is discussing as well? I dont get the feeling the guy is just some nimrod on here trying to educate us on a topic he has never had anything to do with.

but Im just guessing.

on a positive note. I am on vacation now in the gulf and there is no oil on the shore yet.

wheeeeee
Old 05-27-2010, 10:21 AM
11 Second Club

i didnt mean to stir the convo back up.lol sry guys. hell like i said i know nothing about the military....someone even corrected my srgt.lol i now know its SGT.
idk this kid was shot in both legs and has some scars all over his back from a bomb or something. he said he was a door man, the only thing i dont get is his fighting skills. he should be able to kick my *** into the dirt.
and by no means am i a complete badass. ive trained in mma for a lil bit. when we went to basic for our CERT training for the prison, i through him around like a rag doll? i out weighed him by a good 40lbs at the time...but practicing BJJ it isnt about size, more technique....my BJJ instructor is only 5'5 and 150lbs and kick my *** all over the gym. idk theres just something up with this guy....i havent had a chance to talk with my cousin yet so i was getting your guys opinion
Old 05-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by white ghost
All of the SPEC-OPS groups are bad ***!

Now with that being said, there is a big difference between a man that is trained to swim, a man that is trained to run, a man that is trained to jump and a man that is trained to save lives in dangerous situations.

Every branch has their own respective bad asses that are assigned a specific task, and they all do their task's well.
Folks get in too big of a pissing contest over "who's the baddest" well I'll tell ya. Its not RECON, its not SEALS, its not PJ's, its not RANGER's or DELTA. It's a small group of soldiers that do the dirty work of this country so that everyone in america can sleep in peace at night. You will never know their names, you will never give them credit and you will never want to know just what exactly their actions are that help keep America safe. Any of you soldier's that served over sea's that ever had to clean up the after effects of their exploits will know who I'm refering to.

Personally I'm proud of every single soldier that has served with honor in the name of America and thank you to no end!
Sounds like Men in Black or something..

Top secret group, infact so top secret they don't even have a name for the group...Curious? How do you know this if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-27-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by anarchy99
Everything you write is either "I read, I've heard or think, or my friend that didn't make it said".
A guy goes to bud/s. Passes bud/s. Goes into the SQT pipeline. Passes that. Gets a K-bar with a dead Team guys name on it and his trident. Fully qualified SEAL. There is no Probation period or trident board anymore. Hasn't been one for 10 years. I know because I took the last one. So read whatever the **** you want on www.Navy.com. I think you know all kinds of things about the Navy and congrats on serving in it, but its obvious you don't know **** about the Teams or the process other than again what "you read somewhere, your friend that didn't make it said, or you think you heard." I've laid out in several posts exactly what happens. Not once have I said that a guy deploys after third phase, but the Team he checks into after SQT may send him overseas for some experience before they start their workup.
I'll take your word for it...
Old 05-27-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by anarchy99
Try to remember, you're NOT arguing with me on this... It's the NAVY who disagrees with you and they did it in writing, not even knowing what you would have to say after the fact. Go "straighten" them out...

Originally Posted by J1D2warrior
did it ever occur to you that the guy you are arguing with might know a thing or two about the subject he is discussing as well? I dont get the feeling the guy is just some nimrod on here trying to educate us on a topic he has never had anything to do with.

but Im just guessing.

on a positive note. I am on vacation now in the gulf and there is no oil on the shore yet.

wheeeeee
I want to clarify before going on, I don't think he's claiming to have been or currently be a SEAL, though he is making some comments which may lead others to think he is/was and just doesn't want to say so publicly.

Now then... It did, but I seriously don't believe at all that he's even been in the NAVY, let alone a SEAL. After all, his "defense" to my comments is to simply say that I can only claim to have read... Well, what else would someone share here, who isn't on active duty or who wasn't a recent SEAL(as things change)? More importantly, what "I read" comes DIRECTLY from the United States Navy, and is not some hearsay as he's insinuating. I even provided the link, directly to that US NAVY so anyone could clarify.

Suddenly, there's no more real argument about what they do or don't do, and it is clear my information is, well, what it is... The NAVY said it and since the NAVY runs the SEAL program in its entirety, I'm taking their word for it.

Btw, I also checked with actual current, recent or older former NAVY SEALs in the process, who only "couldn't agree" on one point, and it had nothing to do with the one I made here, but instead, about the 18D course for Corpsman after BUD/S. If anarchy99 was a NAVY SEAL, he can easily prove it and I can easily see verification. He would know where to show proof and I already know where to check it. It can actually be done online, though it isn't an instant kind of thing. He would have to log on and give confidential information to former SEAL personnel who would then verify or discredit, accordingly. If he was, he's likely already signed up and could give me a PM with info and I could find out easily enough.

As such, if proof is offered, I will merely wonder how someone could forget something so blatant in his career, considering the intelligence of the average SEAL, not to mention their attention to detail. Therefore, no, I don't think he was a SEAL and honestly, I don't think he was ever in the US NAVY either. I could surely believe he's a veteran, likely of the US ARMY. On a personal level, I don't even care. My point was merely to show what the NAVY has to say about "operator" status after becoming a SEAL.

Btw, it's good to know there's no oil on the shore where you are... The news is taking any opportunity to show oil ashore as if the nation will fall apart because of it... SPEAKING of nimrods...
Old 05-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

alright ill bite..........where might one go

ps that probably comes across as a smart a$$ remark but im legitimately curious
There are a ton of 18 series slots out there not on oda's, but a few would be working on the b team, battalion level support, or group level stuff. It's not all sexy, esp if you have no experience or have a less-than-stellar reputation.

Lifeisgood - he said he was a doorman? Right.... You should ask him what group/team he was on

It'llrun - I don't know if it ever occurred to you, but information about training schedules you'll find open source are hardly ever the same as what really happens. If you look at what the army has published about the q course it's probably all jacked up because no one ever updates that ****, no one cares except the internet ninjas who cite it as a research source.

btw, if I was anarchy99 and if I was a seal I wouldn't feel the least bit obligated to validate myself to someone on ls1tech, but thats just me

Last edited by Boehlke; 05-27-2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: just cause
Old 05-27-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

It'llrun - I don't know if it ever occurred to you, but information about training schedules you'll find open source are hardly ever the same as what really happens. If you look at what the army has published about the q course it's probably all jacked up because no one ever updates that ****, no one cares except the internet ninjas who cite it as a research source.

btw, if I was anarchy99 and if I was a seal I wouldn't feel the least bit obligated to validate myself to someone on ls1tech, but thats just me
I've checked with actual SEALs as well. I'm not questioning whether he was a SEAL... I don't care. That said, if he wants to prove he is, I'll verify if the info is available to prove it. Some seem to think he is/was and I'm not one of them. Until an actual SEAL gives reason to not believe the NAVY, I'll believe the NAVY. For that matter, I'll believe the NAVY until I have a strong reason not to. Recruiters lie, the NAVY itself doesn't... at least not about scheduled training time lines.

I have no argument with him. I'm merely being the messenger. His argument is with the US NAVY... I have nothing to do with that.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Village Idiot

I'm sure on lookers including myself are really just looking for the true facts on this thread..

I hope no one is pretending to be someone they are not.. That would suck!!! Don't do that, that is the ultimate show of immaturity and disrespect as far as I am concerned, especially on a semi legit NAVY SEAL THREAD!!!!

Come on guys, no bullshit please!!!!! Keep it real and keep it American

Remember most popping in and posting in this section should be active or former service men.. At least I'm hoping for that..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-27-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

any one attend the best ranger challenge a few weeks ago
Old 05-27-2010, 06:48 PM
11 Second Club

[QUOTE=JIBBBY;

Remember most popping in and posting in this section should be active or former service men.. At least I'm hoping for that..[/QUOTE]

so you want our service men to be praised but only by other service men? make sense. ill make sure to stay out of this forum.....to the rest of everyone else that answered my question and did serve...thank you.
doesnt matter why you serve, whether it be college, or you were a runaway, or if your just a crazy *** guy that wanted to kill people. you did this country a favor that cant be repayed. not everyone is cut out for the life.
doesnt matter what branch you are.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

When the two sf guys won BRC? haha
Old 05-27-2010, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

Lifeisgood - he said he was a doorman? Right.... You should ask him what group/team he was on
i will do that as soon as i get back to work...i had a bad car wreck two months ago, i broke my back. very lucky to be walking again...
everyone that works at the prison with me that did serve in some branch of the military, said that they believe him. but the guys that work at the prison with me could be less knowledgable as the guy thats started this thread.

Quick Reply: Any Navy Seals logged on to LS1tech?