Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Im curious about your branch pride

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
Prior Service U.S. ARMY ..... Now KBR
Damn I'd love to work for KBR. Those guys at Balad were cool as ****. They only got paid about $60,000 more than me doing the same job!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

I was with the 22nd MEU in Afghan and before we left one of the army generals told us that the marines of BLT 1/6 and the 22nd MEU did more in afgahn in 4 months than the army did in three years. When I was in kandahar all that the army did was wonder around the base in PT gear every where they went and play volleyball. When the army went out past the wire they went on 2 to 4 day ops and then came back to kandahar for R & R for a few weeks. When the marines went out we stayed in the mountains for 70 days straight hunting down the taliban and al Queada before coming back to the rear. I guess that is why we were so succsesful over there. OORAH!!!! FIRST TO FIGHT US MARINES NOT THE A.R.M.Y (AINT. REAL. MARINES. YET. )
Old 08-30-2006, 01:11 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by import slayer
I was with the 22nd MEU in Afghan and before we left one of the army generals told us that the marines of BLT 1/6 and the 22nd MEU did more in afgahn in 4 months than the army did in three years. When I was in kandahar all that the army did was wonder around the base in PT gear every where they went and play volleyball. When the army went out past the wire they went on 2 to 4 day ops and then came back to kandahar for R & R for a few weeks. When the marines went out we stayed in the mountains for 70 days straight hunting down the taliban and al Queada before coming back to the rear. I guess that is why we were so succsesful over there. OORAH!!!! FIRST TO FIGHT US MARINES NOT THE A.R.M.Y (AINT. REAL. MARINES. YET. )

Holy **** stop the generalized bullshit train. I was there with the 22MEU.
1) the fucknozzles walking around all day long as you say were either A. Nat'l Guard/Res. or B. Nightshift REMF. And trust me I seen plenty of Marines walking around doing nothing as well

2) True enough you all did more in 4months then the guys before you in 3yrs...under the Army's guidance on where the hell to go and what to do. No offense but it wasn't your Branch in Charge (might have been better for ALL if were though).

3) The large majority of the guys you seen roll out for 3-4day missions and come back for "R&R", well that was there job. There were some that rolled out from Day 1 and didnt come back to KAF until their flight out for actual R&R, then they went back out and stayed until day 370+, yeah, over a ******* year.

I knew it would come to this, some petty bullshit where someone feels the need to bash the others branch to make them feel confident in their own choice. WTFE!
Old 08-30-2006, 01:19 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Why not zip tie the pins in or make sure they are in there really good and throw them?

Or just find some good sized rocks that are about the same size and weight

Funny you mention this..... probably cuz about 10yrs ago something similar happened that cost a LTC his lower leg, and an E-7 Ranger part of his voice box and movement in his Shoulder. Anyone that knows now Col Myles (was 2d Brigade, 25th ID Commander most recently, but during this incident he was with 101st Airborne Division) should know about that. A totally fucked up incident that should have never happened.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:23 AM
TECH Resident

Holy **** stop the generalized bullshit train. I was there with the 22MEU.
1) the fucknozzles walking around all day long as you say were either A. Nat'l Guard/Res. or B. Nightshift REMF. And trust me I seen plenty of Marines walking around doing nothing as well

2) True enough you all did more in 4months then the guys before you in 3yrs...under the Army's guidance on where the hell to go and what to do. No offense but it wasn't your Branch in Charge (might have been better for ALL if were though).

3) The large majority of the guys you seen roll out for 3-4day missions and come back for "R&R", well that was there job. There were some that rolled out from Day 1 and didnt come back to KAF until their flight out for actual R&R, then they went back out and stayed until day 370+, yeah, over a ******* year.

I knew it would come to this, some petty bullshit where someone feels the need to bash the others branch to make them feel confident in their own choice. WTFE!
WOW!!!! it sounds like someone is getting a little butthurt
Old 08-30-2006, 01:27 AM
Restricted User

Since it seems the best way to show pride in your branch by bashing others...
How about the Marine that shot the 12y/o boy who was out hunting for food to feed his family vicinity Marfa, TX around March 1997?

Or the Marines real branch, the Navy, sinking a tourism boat in Hawaii 3yrs ago while giving some Japanese dignitaries a pleasure ride in a sub?

Sorry cant think of anything for the AF guys....

But lastly, the best, my bash on my Branch, during Desert Storm when an Army Aviation Commander took the lead on a "routine" mission, under orders that he not personally engage, ended up hot ******* the lead and fired his 25mm into a HMMWV and a M113, which some of my fellow GSR guys occupied and later died in or around from the action of the pilot!

Moral of the story, no Branch is without a blackeye, and I am sure there is way more dirt going on with the Marines (not even a real Branch is it?) Navy, AF, Army, even C.G. than what all of us together could know. But is this the best way to show our pride and loyalty? Not sure of other services, but I look over my igh shoulder everyday and see the one thing that makes all us equal....the American Flag!
Old 08-30-2006, 01:27 AM
Restricted User

WOW!!!! it sounds like someone is getting a little butthurt

Not at all, just have little love for ppl talking out the side of their cockholster, especially when the facts are twisted to make it more one sided than it is!
Old 08-30-2006, 01:30 AM
TECH Resident

Not at all, just have little love for ppl talking out the side of their cockholster, especially when the facts are twisted to make it more one sided than it is!
that's really sweet
Old 08-30-2006, 01:31 AM
Restricted User

that's sweet

You have a good night there Marine.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:34 AM
TECH Resident

you too soldier
Old 08-30-2006, 01:37 AM
Restricted User

Next time at least have the sense and respect to cap the S in Soldier! Thanks. And I replied to your cam tune request. Late.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:54 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks. And I replied to your cam tune request. Late
I dont understand, what do you mean ?
Old 08-30-2006, 02:10 AM
TECH Resident

nevermind
Old 08-30-2006, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
Did they evac you to Balad AB/LSA Andaconda? I was there for 4 months, I've been to the hospital many times. They have a really nice hook up there. Good to hear you came out alright. Sniper?
Ramadi has a level 2 facility, stayed there for a day then straight to Al Asad and on to Germany. Flights all lined up I guess, not like I was in any condition to know what was going on. Yes, sniper. QRF came out but of course he was long gone.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Riiight. Funny, this army guy spent most of his time in Afghanistan in the south east mountains in Logar province. With actual enemy there. The only combat units that are based out of Kandahar are SF and Rangers. And you have no clue what they do. In fact, you have no clue about much anything. First to fight? When I made it to baghdad in early 2003, I don't recall seeing any marines. They did relieve my unit in Fallujah, though. And then proceeded to give the town back to the terrorists. Ouch.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

this thread has turned into a cluster ****...

-a little friendly joke about another branch of service is one thing but dont just be a dick for no reason... some of the people here need to un-bunch their f'n panties...
Old 08-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
this thread has turned into a cluster ****...

-a little friendly joke about another branch of service is one thing but dont just be a dick for no reason... some of the people here need to un-bunch their f'n panties...

No **** huh!
Old 08-31-2006, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Riiight. Funny, this army guy spent most of his time in Afghanistan in the south east mountains in Logar province. With actual enemy there. The only combat units that are based out of Kandahar are SF and Rangers. And you have no clue what they do. In fact, you have no clue about much anything. First to fight? When I made it to baghdad in early 2003, I don't recall seeing any marines. They did relieve my unit in Fallujah, though. And then proceeded to give the town back to the terrorists. Ouch.

yeah we gave fallujah back to the terrorists

obviously you don't have a clue about anything.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by craparo
yeah we gave fallujah back to the terrorists

obviously you don't have a clue about anything.
Not marines in general. Your commander did when he took over and tried the friendly approach. That is no opinion, it's a fact. Otherwise, November 2004 to "take back" Fallujah would have never had to happen. And for the record, I think marines do a great job. Just had to put your very young hooah above who was talking out of his 4th point of contact in his place.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

air force sure does have the highest percentage of good looking chicks. i dont think anybody can argue with that. as far as branch pride, i'm all for it, oorah. i believe it is a neccesity to have. it all boils down to unit cohesion and espirit de corps. i'm gonna think my squad is better than your squad, we both think our platoon is better than the other platoon, etc. all the way up to a specific branch. imagine what would happen if some foreign military person came in this thread and said, "**** all you guys, my countries army/navy/whatever is better. we'd all be in on that guy. somebody like import slayer has to be the way he is. he's tasked with teaching civilians how to be Marines. the pride he carries in this post, shows on his face everyday he steps in front of his recruits. if he's not a 100% gung ho Marine, the recruits will see it. if he is gung ho, his recruits will see that too. the pride that gets instilled in those recruits today, may just save their LIFE, or the life of a fellow servicemember, later on down the road. personally, i'd expect to see the same unconditional branch pride from any trainer of recruits, be they drill instructors, drill sergeants, tech instructors, or whatever they are called. that's my take on branch pride.

Quick Reply: Im curious about your branch pride