Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Can he tell me how to drive my pov?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that I think about it, I drove on post for a week with open damn headers and no one said ****.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

But thing is, he isnt dealing with the MP's it's his Chin of Commend that is hounding him...That is his problem. Wether he takes 1st to 25mph or 35, his exhuast makes it seem (To his 1St or CDR) that he is getting on it.

I have dayum near the same set up, and I know for a fact after 3,000 rpms you cannot talk to the passenger in my car.
He is going to have to change up his exhaust or just short shift, or maybe take off in 2nd gear to keep them off his back.....
Old 12-01-2006, 12:29 AM
11 Second Club

you don't have to go about modifying your car for anyone, just drive it slower when they're in earshot.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Regular

I dont really see the big deal here, a lot of time and trouble would be saved by just short shifting. But on the other hand I really dont see them being able to bring UCMJ on you a give you the boot. I sure pleanty of people here have dealt with OSI or NIS etc. and honestly if some 1sgt tried to do all that he most likey would be under investigation for harasment. Disobeying a direct order? Hardly. Breaking the law? Dont think so, Almost doing something isnt gonna hold up in court.

But dont test the powers.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, your platoon sergeant can legally give you a directive telling you to not peel out in the parking lot. Yes, you can get an Article 15 if you do not follow that directive. Weather you think it's fucked up or not is irrelevant. Whoever says otherwise is nothing but a barracks lawyer. The best thing to do if you value getting promotions, picked for schools and not having your name in your platoon sergeants head when he is tasked to provide a name for a weekend detail is to swallow your pride, lock up and say "yes sergeant". If you were a PSG and your first sergeant was riding your *** about Joe peeling out in the parking lot you would do the exact same thing as your PSG, weather you think you would or not.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by radz
and honestly if some 1sgt tried to do all that he most likey would be under investigation for harasment. Disobeying a direct order? Hardly. Breaking the law? Dont think so, Almost doing something isnt gonna hold up in court.
LOL I don't think so. IG would laugh at you if you wanted to have a 1SG investigated for that. A JAG officer would throw you out of the office. Then laugh at you after you were gone.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
LOL I don't think so. IG would laugh at you if you wanted to have a 1SG investigated for that. A JAG officer would throw you out of the office. Then laugh at you after you were gone.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Yes, your platoon sergeant can legally give you a directive telling you to not peel out in the parking lot. Yes, you can get an Article 15 if you do not follow that directive. Weather you think it's fucked up or not is irrelevant. Whoever says otherwise is nothing but a barracks lawyer. The best thing to do if you value getting promotions, picked for schools and not having your name in your platoon sergeants head when he is tasked to provide a name for a weekend detail is to swallow your pride, lock up and say "yes sergeant". If you were a PSG and your first sergeant was riding your *** about Joe peeling out in the parking lot you would do the exact same thing as your PSG, weather you think you would or not.
He never "peeled out".
He ALMOST "peeled out"

No one can legally do anything to you for something you ALMOST did.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:38 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Originally Posted by radz
I dont really see the big deal here, a lot of time and trouble would be saved by just short shifting. But on the other hand I really dont see them being able to bring UCMJ on you a give you the boot. I sure pleanty of people here have dealt with OSI or NIS etc. and honestly if some 1sgt tried to do all that he most likey would be under investigation for harasment. Disobeying a direct order? Hardly. Breaking the law? Dont think so, Almost doing something isnt gonna hold up in court.

But dont test the powers.
LOL! Exactly. Just ask to see the regulation against "almost peeling out" and tell your 1sgt that you will make sure you never violate it again.
However, if it was a MP he could get you for improper start or exibition driving and then its his word against yours, you lose everytime. It's all in the perception of the MP for those two wonderful rules.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Perception is the reality in the service. Just short shift it and don't try and fight it. You won't win.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BlackSuperchargedLS1
He never "peeled out".
He ALMOST "peeled out"

No one can legally do anything to you for something you ALMOST did.
Actually you are wrong. Not to toot my own horn, but I've been in a leadership position for 18 years and know one or two things about the legalities. Had many troops get butthurt and whine to IG on me and I still have my rank and won everytime lol. Sure, some leaders abuse power and make mistakes but in this case he can in fact get busted for failure to follow a directive. It is lawful to tell him to take it easy in the parking lot. Peeling out or "almost" peeling out doesn't make a bit of difference. Same thing. His 1SG's or PSG's perception of how he is driving is all that matters, not his perception.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Actually you are wrong. Not to toot my own horn, but I've been in a leadership position for 18 years and know one or two things about the legalities. Had many troops get butthurt and whine to IG on me and I still have my rank and won everytime lol. Sure, some leaders abuse power and make mistakes but in this case he can in fact get busted for failure to follow a directive. It is lawful to tell him to take it easy in the parking lot. Peeling out or "almost" peeling out doesn't make a bit of difference. Same thing. His 1SG's or PSG's perception of how he is driving is all that matters, not his perception.
I agree with you 100% I have no idea why this thread is still being debated I said a long time ago to just comply. Why make your life difficult over something so stupid as having to short shift neat the barracks, company are, motorpool, or wherever. The military owns you when your in there is not much you can do about it. There does not have to be a reg on almost peeling out if the 1SG tells you not to0 thats the reg right there!
Old 12-03-2006, 02:32 AM
11 Second Club

Damn man.. you and i need to have a beer someday... i couldnt have said it better myself. As i read through these pages of "advice", i chuckle to myself about some of my knuckleheads in the past.. shithouse lawyers are everywhere.. EVEN ON LS1TECH..

Some of you other guys should really watch the "advice" you hand out freely, because its not your career on the line if this kid follows it.. Like the local police haveing no jurisdiction on post... you cant really say that, because several instilations like here on schofeild, have "joint Jurisdiction" with the local PD.. so unless you know the Regs. for every instilation.. STFU..

i think the "Yes Sergeant" advice is the absolute best advice in this thread... follow that and you will be G2G
Old 12-03-2006, 02:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
Damn man.. you and i need to have a beer someday... i couldnt have said it better myself. As i read through these pages of "advice", i chuckle to myself about some of my knuckleheads in the past.. shithouse lawyers are everywhere.. EVEN ON LS1TECH..

Some of you other guys should really watch the "advice" you hand out freely, because its not your career on the line if this kid follows it.. Like the local police haveing no jurisdiction on post... you cant really say that, because several instilations like here on schofeild, have "joint Jurisdiction" with the local PD.. so unless you know the Regs. for every instilation.. STFU..

i think the "Yes Sergeant" advice is the absolute best advice in this thread... follow that and you will be G2G
Bust off my avatar, before I school you. HAHA
Old 12-03-2006, 06:54 AM
11 Second Club

avatar like that ain't no good unless its got cross rifles above them rockers...
Old 12-03-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Some of you other guys should really watch the "advice" you hand out freely, because its not your career on the line if this kid follows it..

Some of the other guys (cherrys) wouldn't have the ***** to follow their own advise lol
Old 12-03-2006, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by craparo
avatar like that ain't no good unless its got cross rifles above them rockers...
Old 12-03-2006, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackSuperchargedLS1
i guess if i work for the Department of Navy, id have me some of those cute little cross rifles..

Old 12-04-2006, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

i guess if i work for the Department of Navy, id have me some of those cute little cross rifles..

Yep & you wouldn't have to wear knockoff digital utilities anymore either!

BTW nice Camaro!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Richiec77
Perception is the reality in the service. Just short shift it and don't try and fight it. You won't win.

This is so true, and the burden of proof will be on you, lost my license on base for 4 months due to perception, and all the Jag needed was one phone call from a third party... dont bite the hand man...

Quick Reply: Can he tell me how to drive my pov?