Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Can he tell me how to drive my pov?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSuperchargedLS1
Yep & you wouldn't have to wear knockoff digital utilities anymore either!

BTW nice Camaro!
trust me.. my brother isn E-7 in the Marines.. we go through this depate all the time.. its all in good fun though..

thanks for the camaro complement
Old 12-04-2006, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

your brother isn't an e-7.....

hes a damn gunny!! oorah!! hahahha

but yes, that is a very nice camaro got any more pics/vids on it??
Old 12-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Teching In

how about this.
i got a load exhaust ticket down town. Well my flight leader fig. out about it and told me to change it and make it quieter. He told me if it is to load off base it is to load on base. I told him I don’t get on it on base and I keep it down on base but he is still trying to make me change it. Can he do that?
Old 12-06-2006, 10:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by cookie
how about this.
i got a load exhaust ticket down town. Well my flight leader fig. out about it and told me to change it and make it quieter. He told me if it is to load off base it is to load on base. I told him I don’t get on it on base and I keep it down on base but he is still trying to make me change it. Can he do that?
yeah he can. You are 99% owned by the government when you are in the military. Almost any order is lawful provided it does not cause bodily harm or undue emotional distress. Him ordering you to change your exhuast to be quiet does not fall inot those catagories. Suck it up and change it or dont bring the car on post, or just dont let him see it.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by brad8266
yeah he can. You are 99% owned by the government when you are in the military. Almost any order is lawful provided it does not cause bodily harm or undue emotional distress. Him ordering you to change your exhuast to be quiet does not fall inot those catagories. Suck it up and change it or dont bring the car on post, or just dont let him see it.
And even if you feel that he cannot do this, he can very easily find someone who can. Not the best idea to rub people wrong, one thing can make them look at more, on both issues i would say just shut up and color, you will be fighting a loosing battle, i wouldnt say that the military owns, you, but a better way to say it is the military dictates 99% of your rights...
Old 12-06-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

oh and the order has to follow any military regs, and I am 99% sure military regs do not cover car exhaust, so he can make the order and it is legal. It really is a losing battle when a commander gives you an order that you dont like. Now the commander is a real ******* if he wants to make you do it, but it is still a legal order.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by craparo
avatar like that ain't no good unless its got cross rifles above them rockers...
I see your another brain washed child!!!!
Your not worth my time unless you out rank me craparo
Because I school marines like you. I surely hope your still in, since you chimed in the debate, or better yet retired.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1badchicken
Because I school marines like you. I surely hope your still in, since you chimed in the debate, or better yet retired.
Ouch... touched a nerve did he? Sounds like someone has issues. No need pulling rank though.

Oh... and what's wrong with being retired?

Marc
GySgt (you know... the kind with the crossed rifles)
USMC (ret.)
Old 12-08-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1badchicken
He's just upset because it takes 40 years to make E-7 in the navy/marines lol
Old 12-08-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
He's just upset because it takes 40 years to make E-7 in the navy/marines lol
Oh. Hmmm... I don't recall it taking that long for me to pin on GySgt (we don't have E-7s in the Marine Corps, or E-anything for that matter).
Old 12-08-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nytmare1
Oh. Hmmm... I don't recall it taking that long for me to pin on GySgt (we don't have E-7s in the Marine Corps, or E-anything for that matter).
lol, ok
Old 12-08-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by craparo
avatar like that ain't no good unless its got cross rifles above them rockers...
it was just a tad disrespectful. joking or not, you would never say that in real life.

/parade rest
gunny, i'm sure you would feel the need to express yourself if something to that effect was said about your rank.
/parade rest
Old 12-08-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

(we don't have E-7s in the Marine Corps, or E-anything for that matter).
Uhh, yes you do. Wow. Please tell me I didn't just read that. I think I just lost some brain cells.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Uhh, yes you do. Wow. Please tell me I didn't just read that. I think I just lost some brain cells.
E-1 thru E-9 is a paygrade... not a rank. I didn't spend 20 years in the Corps to get rich, so I don't think in paygrades. In the Marine Corps, it's generally considered disrespectful to refer to someone using paygrades. Since the previous posts were referring to rank... hence my comment.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ouch... touched a nerve did he? Sounds like someone has issues. No need pulling rank though.

Oh... and what's wrong with being retired?

Marc
GySgt (you know... the kind with the crossed rifles)
USMC (ret.)
RETIRED FOLKS EARNED THEIR RESPECT,

No he didn't touch a nerve, you just have to know when to turn it on and off.
and right now my off is broken
Old 12-08-2006, 09:04 PM
11 Second Club

E-1 thru E-9 is a paygrade... not a rank. I didn't spend 20 years in the Corps to get rich, so I don't think in paygrades. In the Marine Corps, it's generally considered disrespectful to refer to someone using paygrades. Since the previous posts were referring to rank... hence my comment.
Yea, but dealing mith a non branch specific group, its much easier to just refer to enlisted men as their grade. I Know that my brother is a gunny, but that doesnt mean every one knows a gunny is an E-7.. And i have no ******* clue what an E-7 Navy, Coast Guard, Or Airman is called...

So, it just make it easier to find the one common ground we all have, our Grade.. because an E-7 is an E-7 in every branch..

so simmer down devil dog, i wasnt disrespecting my brother or you..or any other marine....
Old 12-08-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

chief petty officer, chief petty officer, and i have no clue.

so chrismcdaniel, what would you say to one of my Marines if they said," good morning, E-7"? you'd just say good morning back? i assure you, no Marine will allow themselves to be called E-anything. not only that, they know better to talk that way to others, and i'd have my Marines' *** if they said that to you instead of, "good morning, sergeant first class." thats just what we are taught. we mean no disrespect, but thats just the way it is for us. fwiw, i got a friend thats a soldier, and we go back and forth all the time. and my last CO thought my firebird was the coolest thing, and the first sergeant had a hotrod truck and a souped up mustang, and the sergeant major had a fixed up elcamino. so i'd have to say that my last command was pretty hotrod friendly. as long as the paperwork was current, you were good. if your car could pass a libo safety inspection, they would stick up for us. but i never speed on base anyway.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Resident

Well maybe the dude has it out for you. Just drive slowly in earshot. Or you could challenge him to a friendly tap out session (if you army folk do that kind of thing).
Old 12-09-2006, 07:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
chief petty officer, chief petty officer, and i have no clue.

so chrismcdaniel, what would you say to one of my Marines if they said," good morning, E-7"? you'd just say good morning back? i assure you, no Marine will allow themselves to be called E-anything. not only that, they know better to talk that way to others, and i'd have my Marines' *** if they said that to you instead of, "good morning, sergeant first class." thats just what we are taught. we mean no disrespect, but thats just the way it is for us. fwiw, i got a friend thats a soldier, and we go back and forth all the time. and my last CO thought my firebird was the coolest thing, and the first sergeant had a hotrod truck and a souped up mustang, and the sergeant major had a fixed up elcamino. so i'd have to say that my last command was pretty hotrod friendly. as long as the paperwork was current, you were good. if your car could pass a libo safety inspection, they would stick up for us. but i never speed on base anyway.
Read my last post brother... i only refered to my brother as as "E-7" because this is an internet board and everyone here isnt as savy to the jargon as you and I..

Trust me, you marines arn't the only ones who teach their men respect.. and i promise you that NONE of my soldiers would ever reffer to anyone as their paygrade...

In my job feild, i work the marines "Light Armored Recon" guys all the time.. they and I are about 99% the same.. im a Scout, and i train your Marines on the LAV's M242 25mm, cause im a Master Gunner. So I am very used being called "Gunny" ... which doesnt bother me, i know they mean no disrespect..

Again, just used the paygrade to bring a common ground..
Old 12-09-2006, 08:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Let me remind you guys that paygrade is used to refer to soldiers in the Army though. How many times have you heard soldiers referred to as "E4 and below" or "E5 and above"?? This is common in the Army.

Quick Reply: Can he tell me how to drive my pov?