Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Another AF deployment...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another AF deployment...

BAH! I haven't even been here a month and im already sick of it! maybe it because I have been here before? Anyways, this is my 3rd deployment in my 5 year career. 1st was to Al Udeid, Qatar back in November of 2003-March 2004 for a total of 126 days, after that I was home for a bit and came to Kyrgyrzstan for 137 days starting in April 2005-September 2005 and no im back in this **** hole and its cold as hell!!!

Cant wait to get home and play with my truck...
Old 02-12-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Since when did Deid count as a deployment?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:41 PM
12 Second Club

Since when did the airforce do anything on a real deployment?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$hit tell me bout it.. im f*ckin tasked to go again. being security forces sucks major *****.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

OK i dont' wanna hear your complaining, when we deploy its 12-18 months boots on ground, and its not to Qatar or any other non combat zone. its sucks your gone and im not down playing that aspect but try actually going somewhere and getting shot at and mortered everyday for 12 months or longer.

Sorry man but be safe and come home in one piece. Good Luck.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by crsmetal
OK i dont' wanna hear your complaining, when we deploy its 12-18 months boots on ground, and its not to Qatar or any other non combat zone. its sucks your gone and im not down playing that aspect but try actually going somewhere and getting shot at and mortered everyday for 12 months or longer.

+92384897234597253479t5934534!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

im AF security forces and my last tdy we took over doing convoys for the army. $hit sucked. i was part of the AF first to do it, and all i can say is the AF is pretty dumb for getting involoved with it.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

haha yeah, life sucks as a grunt.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

ok, so why bash on me for joining the service that deploys less time??? not my fault you signed up to be in the ****...I can complain about it because I signed up for what I got but dont hate on me cause I go for a less amount of time.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

noone's bashing you for serving your country. I think most of the guys chiming in, including myself, did their time in a real combat zone and noone wants to hear any bitching about Qatar.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
Since when did the airforce do anything on a real deployment?
Yeah since every person in the AF has a desk job with air conditioning every day of the year Grow up already
Old 02-12-2007, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Just because you signed different paperwork then we did doesn't give you the right to talk **** about where we go and what we do. We are gone from our families just the same, just not for as long, but there are plenty of us on year long deployments.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:58 PM
12 Second Club

ok, the whole Army vs. Marines vs. AF vs. Navy vs. CG thing has gotta go. When you want to open your mouth and complain about how bad you have it just count to ten and think about the next guy that has it worse than you. I was on a convoy going into the government center in Ramadi last year thinking to myself about how much it sucks to be in the hot *** humvee right now. Now, keep in mind I'm a young guy 22 at the time. We pull through the little concrete barrier and I look at a fellow Marine standing guard over it. This guy couldn't have been much more than 17-18 and you could see the stress in his eyes. I got shot at three times that day and never complained once.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Least the thread starter's going somewhere 'dangerous' LOL... I'm going to a tropical island for 4 months this summer, let's not flame him for a useless deployment I'm not complaining though, free vacation!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by edwardswb
ok, the whole Army vs. Marines vs. AF vs. Navy vs. CG thing has gotta go. When you want to open your mouth and complain about how bad you have it just count to ten and think about the next guy that has it worse than you. I was on a convoy going into the government center in Ramadi last year thinking to myself about how much it sucks to be in the hot *** humvee right now. Now, keep in mind I'm a young guy 22 at the time. We pull through the little concrete barrier and I look at a fellow Marine standing guard over it. This guy couldn't have been much more than 17-18 and you could see the stress in his eyes. I got shot at three times that day and never complained once.
I'm tired of the USAF bashing as well. Every services deployment schedules are different granted. The blow Joe USAF Airman would NOT be used to doing combat duty in downtown Baghdad. THat's just HIS way of saying he's deployed and not liking it. Qatar IS a demployemnt location for the USAF, that's just the way it is. He doesn't HAVE to like it just cuz he's not IN Iraq/Afganistan.

Army/MArines have it different granted, but there is USAF that are in the **** JUST LIKE YOU! (Combat patrols and convoy protection). Granted, they won't take some poor finance person and stick them with an M16 to the front line, that's just the way it is. If you were Army, would you want that person covering YOUR ***?

When I was in the USAF, it was the greatest job in the world, maintain the best jets in the world, and do it from 3,000 miles away...can't get any better than that. When I WAS deployed the Deid, it sucked, 14-16 hour days 6 days a week! Is it my fault it was in an air conditioned trailer (out equipment had to be 70degrees or below to run properly), not my fault, but SMART of me as well! Don't hate on the ones that have jobs that don't requires walks for miles!

/rant
Old 02-12-2007, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

haha qatar is where we went for a 3 day r 'n r while we were in iraq, and only a select few of us were able to go. the airforce is a totally different breed. I mean, im not saying that all airman are pussies but they are sure as hell treated like they are. i guess getting ripped on by the army and marines is just the price they have to pay. that being said, i sure i wish i joined the airforce! lol seriously though, i dont care which branch your in, if you had enough guts to sign that line and serve your country, your ok in my book.

have fun man, im sure youll have your hard times, but when you do, just be glad your not stuck in baghdad or afganistan for 18 months.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm currently deployed on my 2nd AEF rotation in less than 2 years too and I have nothing to complain about. Unfortunately, I'm at a Joint Service base so I hear all the USAF bashing from the other services. They hate us because of our short 4 month deployment. Alot of the Navy and Marine guys (and gals) are stuck here for 12 months!! When I hear them complaining about the length of their time here, I just shut up and leave. The last thing they want to hear is me complaining about my time here.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

We just had alot of Army folks in here, they actually out numbered us by a large margin. they was only rotating through here to go downrange into Bagram, Afganistan and a few other select places.

Im not going to crack on any Marine or Army guy one bit, them guy have alot of ***** to do what they do cause I know I could never do it. now having said that I have a very short fuse when it come to the service vs. service game that alot of the younger and immature guys getting into with each other. im 25 yrs old and currently an enlisted E-5 Staff Sergent and I have earned my rank and pay I think. I may never be on the front line due to my job but dont even say that Air Force doesnt get out there and get shot at cause we do. If you would have paid attention to that sweet *** AFN television while you was deployed you would have seen that the Air Force just deployed about 1800 Airman to fill Army slots in convoy duty, approximatly 250+ just came through this base heading to Afganistan for a 6 month tour. everyone of them had just went through a 6 week Army traingin program in Kansas and came straight here. So please watch what you say cause times are changing, Air Force used to be a joke and should have been named the Chair Force. days are different and we are on the front line side by side anymore it seems like.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:26 PM
TECH Regular

We are not bashing the AF or Marines or Navy, we are just saying we don't want to hear you complain about Qatar or any beer drinking POGE Base like that. If your goin to the **** ie, Iraq, Afgan, Iran, Pakistan or any **** hole like that yourmore then welcome b/c then your life is going to suck but seriously, I was in Qatar for R&R for 3 days and was so happy to relax for those days and have some beer.. well a **** load of beer.. but don't complain especial since your only gone for 4 months at a time. Im not complaing it sucks yes but i did sign the papers there for its my duty to go for 12 months.

Thanks for your service but dont' BS me on your 4 month Qatar stay.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Al Udeid is a nice place to deploy but man, that place pissed me off with their stupid *** dress codes. We stopped there on our way home for a couple of days after leaving a 4 month deployment from Balad, Iraq. A bunch of us get our rooms and changed into civilian clothes. Most of us were wearing hats cuz it was hot as **** outside...well after an hour of walking around checking out the main mall area some ******* tells us we have to take off our hats cuz we're not allowed to wear them...it's part of the "rules". WTF??? After that little incident I said **** that place.

Quick Reply: Another AF deployment...