Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ HAHAHA,
Old 10-09-2007, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Dont know what everyone had to say on this, but just take the punishment; it was weak in my opinion. I usually give my boys a choice, I put the paperwork in front of them to sign, or give them an "alternative" choice. Yes, everybody will be late at one point or another, but if you have a bad history, you'll pay more. Late once in a while may be ok, once a week due to traffic is unacceptable. I too travel to work, and somehow I make it on time everyday. Not saying you are a liar, but it is funny to hear the traffic excuse from guys that take the same route I use.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brad8266
Speaking of stupid, how about you use the word they're properly next time instead of their. lol

Yeah I'm stupid and couldn't get into the AF, 120 GT and a degree in IT, I guess I'm underqualified to wrench on a plane. I'm not trying to say I'm that bright but you guys make me laugh when you think the army is full of idiots. Most soldiers I know are educated or are working on higher education, of course we have our share of idiots as do you all.

Like I said I did well enough on the AFOQT to go into the AF and get in the planes. People like you are the reason I didnt go into the AF, I went back into the army. Lots of AF guys think so highly of themselves, pre madonnas of the military.
my normal job isnt working with planes it's working with army helping them troubleshoot their equipment because they don't know how. but yes a IT degree would make you under qualified to "wrench on a plane".
Old 10-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ss1129
As gay as this will sound, thats a form of hazing. Being ua for pt should be at the most a page 11 if its your first offence. I would just give my marines a written counseling. But if I were you I would report in with a buddy video taping it to watch later.
And this is why everyone just does Pg 11's, NJP's and worse. I think if you reported for inspection he did you a favor by not charging you UA. I hate the youth of today and I weep for the future.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mullet
Impala, Seeing that you are Command Post explains your lack of understanding of the "maintenance" world, and that is OK. Maintainers are the grunts of the AF who are known to "party hard, play hard". So these petty college pranks as you say it are something that maintainers have always done. Hazing? Maybe, but no one forced one in it, and for the people who didn't take part, they usually cross trained into other areas like Comm, Finance and Intel. Not because they were outcasts, but were meant for other things. Maintainers are their own animals. While others might stick their nose up at them, others love them. Ask any aircrew member about their maintainers and see what they think.
As another 1C3, I will admit we don't do squat on most days. Our job is focused around "wait for someone to mess up" and guess who is messing up 80% of the time? Then I have to call everyone and their brother to tell them why Airman Snuffy hit the fire supression button in the TA hangar and just put that foam ALL over 7 Block52 models with their cockpits open. Then send the report to ACC and Air Force explaining what happened.

I have been to quite a few different places already and I make it a point to know what the other people are doing. I've shadowed SFS, MOC, ATOC, JA, ATC, BOPS, PA, and even the Marines G1 and G4 when I was deployed to Al Asad. Why? Makes it easier to talk to these people when something happens to get information and it never hurts to broaden your horizon.

I hate my job because I am working 14-15 hour days, I might not be out with a wrench or a M4, but I'm still here...in uniform at 5am ready for the whatever the world will dish out to me. Nothing may happen today, but how do we know another 9/11 won't happen and all the sudden every base lights up like a Christmas Tree? Who do you think intializes that for the base? Command Post. You would be foolish to not think that I want to be home as I type this, and hell sleeping. To work only 8 hour days and still get an hour to go to the gym. To have Holidays and down days actually mean something. I haven't had a X-mas off in 5 years. Do I care? Not really anymore because its just another day, and that happens to be a day that I can relax knowing the Commander and Command Chief will be down here to give me cookies

Back to the topic at hand:

When I get my first troop, he will have to meet up to my expectations. 90% on EOC, Firewall 5's, volunteering like no other, college classes, etc. Why? Because I believe if you keep them on the right track then you don't have to worry about DUI's, Underage Drinking, Fights, Being late for work, etc. 3/4 of the people in the Air Force today who screw up because they are not held accountable. Whether that be because they are "chums" with their OIC or Super, or because their leadership doesn't care anymore...its the fault of the leadership for not holding the standards. However, when if my troop did something jacked up...they'll get two options, either the LOC or whatever task I decide to give them. If I want them go out tand dust the leaves on the trees and he accepts that punishment, then we are good to go. If they take the LOC route, I have no problem doing one of those either.

I do agree with Mullet that the Air Force has lost its "brotherhood" that out sister services still have. How many people keep in touch with someone they worked with for years on end then PCS'ed? Or how many have picnics for the flight, or come into work with food for your shift workers who cannot leave because there has to be 2 people there at all times? That is lacking. But I believe it is because our LEADERS wanting the latest technology at their fingertips. Manning is cut, and everyone is hurting for people. Cops deploy 6 months, then get 6 months to recoop and then go back out. How effed up is that?
Old 10-14-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JCurtin
I work with command post people over here, now I know they are short manned(since they are on the critical listing as well) but these guys cant say they are working hard. I just turned around and looked, yup watching movies.
Xtraining into CP is actually my 2nd choice, after doing moc the last couple of years I could do CP's job with my eyes closed.
On most days, nope we don't do anything. But you are seeing one SMALL aspect of this job though, FYI. Thats like me saying all MOC does is call the Pro Super for everything and then put it in GEO81.

This a very vague AFSC. I was in AMC before ACC/CENTAF CMD CTR and it was more demanding that what I'm doing now. Why do you think I only have 300 posts on Tech and I've been on here since before I even joined the AF! But like the 130 Crew Chief said, it was the most rewarding job I have ever done in my entire life, and probably ever will do. I scrambled C-17's to get urgent patients at Balad all the time, the Mosul bombing back in '04/'05 (can't remember off the top of my head). I had seven Marines and two SEALs thank me when I went and visited them at Landstuhl because if I hadn't done what I did best, the plane would not of left Ramstein to even pick them up...and who knows if they would be alive today. Was I the doctor or nurse that saved them? Nope. Was I the pilot? Nope. Was I even the decision maker when it came to approving it? Nope. I simply informed the higher ups of the importance and made damn sure I did everything in my C2 power to get that plane off the ground. Most importantly getting the Marines and the Army down there to keep me alive! Countless Helo's, Tanks, and supplies got down there FAST because I put aside my personal life and put my service before self there. Didn't get BTZ because of it. I didn't do school and rarely volunteered for those two years because I was so focused at work. But I was told by 18AF/CC all the way down the chain to include my Functional chain that I was the best controller they had seen out in the system. I didn't get coins, I didn't get LOA's, didn't need them. My leadership knew I was the ****, and my peers that were in ATOC, MOC, Current Ops, AirEVAC Stages knew that I was. Pilots knew I knew what I was doing and trusted me to make the best decisions...as an A1C.

Last edited by BigT2002; 10-14-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DevilDog99TA
And this is why everyone just does Pg 11's, NJP's and worse. I think if you reported for inspection he did you a favor by not charging you UA. I hate the youth of today and I weep for the future.
Whats a page 11???
Old 10-14-2007, 11:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BigT2002
Whats a page 11???

A bullshit nothing that goes in your record book. I think I have 3 or 4. They can be good or bad things about you. Mostly bad.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Default retard

Originally Posted by RE AND CHERYL
These are the things I'd do to an airman when I want their attention. You need to get their attention and let them know the behavior was not acceptable.

As an NCO I would almost bet this was not the first time. Also as an NCO I would not buy traffic as being an excuse. He was obviously close to being late before he got in traffic. It always pissed me off seeing the people showing up a minute or so before roll call.

Even though your punishment was a PITA and you don't like it. You got away without paperwork. You got off easy and I'd bet you won't be late to PT formation agian.

Re'
thats the most retarded bs ive ever heard an NCO say, your a ****** retard
Old 10-15-2007, 05:59 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by hammerdown2000
thats the most retarded bs ive ever heard an NCO say, your a ****** retard
Why? Ever hear the expression "If your early your on time, If your on time your late, If your late your screwed?" Its a philosophy a lot of us who have to deal with O-6's every single day have to live by, and that seriously isn't a joke or even exaggerating. Would you be late to see the Wing King for something? I have to be AT work NTL 0600, even though my shift does not start until 0630, if I'm late even by a minute I get paperwork.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever been punished this way?