Old 11-12-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow... I thought it was pretty funny.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?! you are by far one of the dumbest people i have come across recently. who told you this stupid tall tale? because its NOT true. wow, what movie did you watch that gave you this TREMEDOUSLY STUPID IDIOTIC IDEA?!?!?!? you freaking moron. me, my cousin and my best friend are Marines. went to boot camp together, NONE OF US HAVE "US" logo above our butts!!! dude, seriously, dont quit your day job... you unintelligent uninformed indiot.
Wow, you're wound up pretty tight, huh? Must be all the saltpeter they put in the food.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by oifish
If I could join I would think about it, but I cant im on a prescribed medication. Which when talking to a recruiter over the phone made me non-eligible?

so ill just pay my taxes and give support from home
It's all good bro, at least you thought about it. That's alot more than some people do.

Thanks for the support.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:19 AM
Teching In

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?! you are by far one of the dumbest people i have come across recently. who told you this stupid tall tale? because its NOT true. wow, what movie did you watch that gave you this TREMEDOUSLY STUPID IDIOTIC IDEA?!?!?!? you freaking moron. me, my cousin and my best friend are Marines. went to boot camp together, NONE OF US HAVE "US" logo above our butts!!! dude, seriously, dont quit your day job... you unintelligent uninformed indiot.

Someone else also needs to keep their day job too!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

something i learned going through "A" school...marines use the word "freaking" a lot...
Old 11-13-2007, 06:47 AM
Staging Lane

ROFL!! WoW...easy there Turbo. You must have got into the Military issued Riped Fuel this morning.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

Ah cut him some slack he is a marine they get amped up pretty easily j/k

Look at his hair cut, hair isnt supposed to be touching ears and it should be a fade not a straight cut across the back. Ask what pay grade he is, his job title, and unit. Then theres always the ID. Dumbasses claim to be military at parties to get chicks or something lol idk why. Ive seen it before though. Even busted a guy out for it.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wow! Alittle tense, there?!
Old 11-13-2007, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somebody needs to switch to de-caf.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Teching In

I've known people who will tell me that they served so instead of asking them about rank and all of that I ask them what their MOS was.....if they are faking they will have no idea what you are talking about and then you will get a kick out of how stupid they look trying to answer your question, and try to figure out what the hell an MOS is!!! That is my favorite!
Old 11-13-2007, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RoCkEt
I've known people who will tell me that they served so instead of asking them about rank and all of that I ask them what their MOS was.....if they are faking they will have no idea what you are talking about and then you will get a kick out of how stupid they look trying to answer your question, and try to figure out what the hell an MOS is!!! That is my favorite!
MOS is an army thing. I dont think the Navy, Marines, Air Force, or Coast Guard refer to their jobs as an MOS
Old 11-13-2007, 01:44 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by future_Z_Owner
MOS is an army thing. I dont think the Navy, Marines, Air Force, or Coast Guard refer to their jobs as an MOS
AF = AFSC (Air Force Speciality Code)

Marines = MOS

Not sure about Coasties or Swabbies.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by future_Z_Owner
very good!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

If they claim to be in the Navy, you can ask them "what's your rate".

The "rate" is what describes your job in the canoe club.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

See, I thought I was being funny, but this is one the funniest things I've ever read. If I didn't know some very, very, smart Marines, I'd start to think all the old marine jokes really had merrit.

Just in case this really needs to be further clarified...Yes Blackhawk 02...IT WAS A JOKE!!!

Everybody knows the "US" is actually branded on our upper, inner thigh, but since there's no easy way to look there at a party, I thought by saying it was under the belt line someone might actually try to look.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z28ss4me
Everybody knows the "US" is actually branded on our upper, inner thigh, but since there's no easy way to look there at a party, I thought by saying it was under the belt line someone might actually try to look.

Psst, Blackhawk 02, that was a joke too.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oifish
I have met random people at your typical college parties and lots of times there is a random guy that says they are in the Army, Marines etc... but I am always a little suspicious because I think they might be bullshitting I dont know why just sometimes I think something is up..

I want to somehow find out to see if they are really in the Armed Forces but I dont want to come off as an ******* because I would think it to be a huge insult to not believe someone served and think they are lying.

What are some good ways to be polite but yet be a little crafty to see who im dealing with?

thanks
Seriously, if you really want to know, make some kind of subtle crack about the military...CAUTION...DO NOT BE OFFENSIVE...I'd say something like this:

Someone told you the the military had those "Smart cards" for ID cards, and you were like "Smart cards isn't that an oxymoron, because it's the military and all" Then quickly apologize and just say you were just kidding, then ask him if they really have ID cards that have a persons entire background on the ID.

If he is military, he'll probably appreciate the curiosity and he'll break out his ID card to show you what it looks like. If he doesn't, you either weren't smooth enough, or he isn't in the military and therfore can't show you the ID.

By the way, he DID NOT leave it at home.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

Damn dude, get out of the jar and live a little.... That made my day though. Thanks for the laugh at your exspense.

I think if I ever caught someone acting like they were in the mil, and not. I would not be trying to dime them out on it, instead, I think I would wait till they headed for there car or something, and show them what it would be like in boot camp, and beat the **** out of them with a sock full of soap...
Old 11-13-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Someone had a case of the Mondays
Old 11-14-2007, 09:11 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28ss4me
Ok, There's one sure way to tell, that I really shouldn't say in a public forum, but every US military member is branded at basic train with the "US" logo just above the left buttuck inside the member's belt line, so act like your dropping ice down his or her pants and take a quick peek.
yep everytime i get drunk i pull down my pants to show everyone my brand......

Quick Reply: How to ask if someone is in the millitary