Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Can I change my orders from Hawaii to something else?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I change my orders from Hawaii to something else?

I reenlisted for Hawaii and got my orders today and leave April 10th but my wifes pregnant and we found out that we have to quarantine both our dogs for 120 days and pay $1,029.00 for each of them for the 120 days.

I just wanted to know if its possible to call branch and have my orders changed or something???

Anyone know?

Thanks,
SGT E

Last edited by StangKillaLS1; 02-19-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

man thats gonna be one hell of a battle to get them changed, but if your wife is fare enough along you can tell them you dont want her flying for along period of time, and that could possiblky get them changed, but they arnt gonan do it for your dogs, sorry for your situation man its gotta suck
Old 02-19-2008, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man i'd kill for Hawaii right now, are you going to 2nd Brigade 25th ID? I tried to go but i still have a stabilization code till April.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Launching!

well my orders says 03 0025 IN BGD so im guessing 3rd Brigade 25th ID. Im a 63B (all wheel mechanic) but I want to change my MOS to MP which is gonna be hard since I just reenlisted.

I going to try and talk the vet into making up some paper work so my dogs will only have to stay for 30 days or less.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by StangKillaLS1
well my orders says 03 0025 IN BGD so im guessing 3rd Brigade 25th ID. Im a 63B (all wheel mechanic) but I want to change my MOS to MP which is gonna be hard since I just reenlisted.

I going to try and talk the vet into making up some paper work so my dogs will only have to stay for 30 days or less.
if by MP u mean military police, lol you shiuldnt have a problem at all getting cross trained over, go talk to the ranking officer at the cop shop and see what he can do, and do u have a certain window where u can cross train??
Old 02-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by black_dragon_93
if by MP u mean military police, lol you shiuldnt have a problem at all getting cross trained over, go talk to the ranking officer at the cop shop and see what he can do, and do u have a certain window where u can cross train??
Yes Military Police. I was going to reenlist to switch my MOS but they reenlistment NCO was being a D-bag and taking forever so I reenlisted for Hawaii with a 13,500 Bonus.
I just dont know if just reenlisting will hurt me from changin jobs ASAP or if I have to wait a year or something. My MOS is in the bear program but so is MP so I dont know what they can do.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

You can get your pets released at the airport of you follow all the correct guidance. Only thing is it takes about 4 months time to do all the tests and paperwork. I had my dog in there for 4 months because I moved short notice. It was no fun

The wife excuse may work if there is a medical reason, but otherwise I doubt it. Pregnant women fly all the time.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Reckless
You can get your pets released at the airport of you follow all the correct guidance. Only thing is it takes about 4 months time to do all the tests and paperwork. I had my dog in there for 4 months because I moved short notice. It was no fun

The wife excuse may work if there is a medical reason, but otherwise I doubt it. Pregnant women fly all the time.
yeah my dogs are young and have to have 2 rabies shots and they only have 1 cause they dont get the other one till they are a year old and all this... I dont know the lady explained it to me on the phone and pretty much told me the dogs will have to be there for the whole 120 days.

Did they treat your dog like ****?? a guy who just left Hawaii told me they where mean as **** to his dogs.

I guess Ill just have to suck it up and pay the 2K and hope my dogs dont turn out to hate me after being in there for 4 months.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Pregnant women are fine to fly, dont even try that one. I doubt the dog thing is going to work either. Good luck getting that all changed being that you reenlisted for it.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

yes i knwo preg. women are allowed to fly, but just go see the doc and see if he can find any possible thing wrong, any excuse will work, if you work hard enough you can get out of it, just might be a pain in the ***, tell ur wife to act liek shes having bad head achs, ive seen people get out of deployments and PCS for alot less reasons
Old 02-20-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea thats gonna be hard since you re-enlisted for that MOS, an if you DO change it, well kiss your bonus good-bye as you'll have to pay it back.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

My dog was treated fine. All the folks at the kennel are real nice and as helpful as they can be. The pens are pretty big. You can visit almost every day and there is enough room to fit 4 adults no problem. The military is supposed to reimburse you for about half the cost you know. I also deducted it as a moving expense on my taxes.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Reckless
My dog was treated fine. All the folks at the kennel are real nice and as helpful as they can be. The pens are pretty big. You can visit almost every day and there is enough room to fit 4 adults no problem. The military is supposed to reimburse you for about half the cost you know. I also deducted it as a moving expense on my taxes.
wow i didnt know that, thanks for the info that sure will come in handy int he future
Old 02-23-2008, 06:13 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I reenlisted for Hawaii and got my orders today and leave April 10th but my wifes pregnant and we found out that we have to quarantine both our dogs for 120 days and pay $1,029.00 for each of them for the 120 days.

I just wanted to know if its possible to call branch and have my orders changed or something???

Anyone know?

Thanks,
SGT E
BEst bet is to call branch...in all honesty they dont care about pregnancy and such so you need a good excuse on why you no longer want to go...but man I would kill to go Hawaii is awesome!! good luck to yea
Old 02-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Launching!

i hope your CO doesnt see this tread or Hawaii it is!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

It is worth it man, You will enjoy hawaii. No worries on coming over. You should check out the local Fbod club over here Hifba.com, about half the members are mixed military.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That does suck man... But like Todd said (reckless) they should reimburse you for part of it...
I loved Hawaii and was there for almost 5 yrs.

I would go back again..... the only this stopping me is no Track...

Todd,

Whats it cost to go to Maui and run??

Ferry???

Kyle
Old 02-27-2008, 03:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

about $200.00 round trip on the ferry Kyle.should start running by the end of March.bringing the 35th and make a run @ maui track soon.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont think you should have a prob with switchin ur MOS a good friend of mine just switched out of MI to my MOS (MP) get with retention NCO or branch and see what options are out there. Hawaii isnt a bad post, i was there for 3yrs def miss the weather
Old 02-28-2008, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

So let me get this right....you got a large reenlistment bonus AND a sweet assignment yet you are worried about $2000 MAX (minus taxes and other reimbursment?

Quick Reply: Can I change my orders from Hawaii to something else?