Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

wait for af or go army

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 04:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by killed712
If you like to be on a ship with a bunch of Seamen (mostly men)for months at a time and live in cramped or confined spaces GO NAVY. If you want to go gung-ho and have your ability to make decisions or use your commonsense become a MARINE(the Marines have no medical section, they use the NAVY Medical Corpsmen). If you want to whine about the sat TV not working, the AC is not cold enough, and the paper cut, join the AIRFARCE(too many people to do a simple job and no *****!). The Army has more medical jobs then the other Military services as well as the ability for you to make a difference to a wounded/injured military member. You can go in as a combat Medic with a Unit of action, you can become a 18 series Specical Forces Medic or you can work in one of many ARMY Hospitals around the country. It will not be as easy as the other services, but you will get more chances for training and travel. I am in ARMY Aviation and you can even become an AREO Medic and do medivac missions. Remember you have to willing to work hard where ever you go , which ever service you decide on thank you for serving where few dare.

Ya no branch outside the Army is prepared to do anything worth a damn in combat huh?

Explain this to me then please

I'm happy you are proud of your branch, something that many in the Army don't seem to do, but by trying to belittle the other ones to make yourself sound better....why don't you just go be a recruiter or something then cause thats all you sound like to those of us who are in those branches
Old 08-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Banned

I don't know if BigT has the pleasure of working on an Army base, you CCT guys seem to get everything, but up here at Lewis we have people from all branches, and PT time is our squadrons favorite part of the day because we go out there and make everyone look like clowns. Theres fatass Marines just like in that picture the recruiter posted. Theres fatass army guys just like that picture. The Navy is nowhere to be found, and meanwhile, here comes the ASOS blowing everyone away.

On the flip side, the **** in the McChord medical center call themselves "combat medics" because they take my temperature and stick fingers in my *** so I can go to jump school.

In the end, it doesn't ******* matter what branch you are in. Not one bit. You can be in the Air Force and be a fool killing BAMF who makes Rambo look like a 12 year old gymnast, or you can be in the big bad Marines, and be a sloppy, overweight barber.

It's the job you do, not the branch you are in, because we are all the same military. You can brag about your professionalism and bearing, or how hard your basic training is (seriously who gives a ****? It's basic ******* training, like .1% of your career) but if you fix planes, cut hair, wash trucks, serve food, whatever, guess what, you're *** is support.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

We process our fat guys out. Thats the difference.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should wait it out....

ive been waiting now for almost two months because of a bad call at meps...had to get my congressman involved
Old 08-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ss1129
We process our fat guys out. Thats the difference.
Sorry to burst your bubble but you obviously don't.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jperran
Sorry to burst your bubble but you obviously don't.
Okay...if its a msgt or some **** thats old and crusty and not taking pfts anymore....maybe. But other than that I can guarantee you will not find a Marine SSgt and below thats fat that will wont be booted out or retained at the end of his current contract. Sorry, physical fitness is one of our priorities.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:44 AM
TECH Regular

I don't know if BigT has the pleasure of working on an Army base, you CCT guys seem to get everything, but up here at Lewis we have people from all branches, and PT time is our squadrons favorite part of the day because we go out there and make everyone look like clowns. Theres fatass Marines just like in that picture the recruiter posted. Theres fatass army guys just like that picture. The Navy is nowhere to be found, and meanwhile, here comes the ASOS blowing everyone away.

On the flip side, the **** in the McChord medical center call themselves "combat medics" because they take my temperature and stick fingers in my *** so I can go to jump school.

In the end, it doesn't ******* matter what branch you are in. Not one bit. You can be in the Air Force and be a fool killing BAMF who makes Rambo look like a 12 year old gymnast, or you can be in the big bad Marines, and be a sloppy, overweight barber.

It's the job you do, not the branch you are in, because we are all the same military. You can brag about your professionalism and bearing, or how hard your basic training is (seriously who gives a ****? It's basic ******* training, like .1% of your career) but if you fix planes, cut hair, wash trucks, serve food, whatever, guess what, you're *** is support.
I like this post are you a ROMAD bro?
Old 08-31-2008, 02:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss1129
Okay...if its a msgt or some **** thats old and crusty and not taking pfts anymore....maybe. But other than that I can guarantee you will not find a Marine SSgt and below thats fat that will wont be booted out or retained at the end of his current contract. Sorry, physical fitness is one of our priorities.
The one thing that cracked me up the most when I was deployed out with the 2MAW was when we got to "Club Med" after the tour was over I couldn't stop laughing at the AF ppl who were SERIOUSLY overweight in their PT gear. I'm no Abercrombie shirtless boy ***** by any means, but some of these guys had no business being the in the desert. I think I only two or three fatties at AA/TQ and they were GySgt's I believe.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigT2002
I like this post are you a ROMAD bro?
a-firm
Old 08-31-2008, 02:05 PM
TECH Regular

a-firm
Effin right
Old 09-01-2008, 03:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigT2002
REALLY?? Then why am I an E-5 and my best friend thats USN is still an E-4? We are the only branch, to my knowledge, that puts the entire promotion on the shoulders of the individual. Sure EPRs, TIS, TIG, and decs help but if you know your job and the AF way of doing crap you will be surprised how quick you can move up. If I had 3 more years TIS (which is when I would be testing for E-6) I would of made Tech first time through as a E-4 thats how much I rocked those tests and I rarely studied. Its NOT THAT HARD TO GET PROMOTED!
I am a E-5 In the Navy. I am a HT(Hull Technician) which is a Welder/Firefighter. promotion is based on the Sailor meaning it depends on how well you do. if you do the bare minimum you will advance slowly if you do above and beyond you can advance fast! I have been in the NAVY for 5 years now and i am up for E-6 Next Sept. I was a E-4 at one year in and a made E-5 at almost my third year!!

I am a Navy Recruiter and i have been doing this for a year now. If you not in DEP yet which i believe you are then i would say check out every branch and do your research then make a descision that you feel is right. I would never tell a Depper to drop out because it does suck. I think you should just look at all of your options in the AIR FORCE and see what jobs are there for you and pick something that you would like to do that you are qualified for. you can always use the Tuition Assistance and the GI bill to take college classes for the medical field and do a totally different job like working on planes for the air force which will make you more marketable when you do get out which will give you more opportunities. Who knows you may get in the Medical Field and find out you dont like it and then what?

Last edited by 94CamaroZ28SS; 09-01-2008 at 03:40 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

AF....Im so qualified right now, I could get out and easily pull 65k a year no prob. Im about to hit 10 years though so I dont think Im gonna get out. Anyway, I have a FAA A&P license that I got while working on aircraft ( I crewed B1 Bombers for 8 years ) and now Im almost a fully certified firefighter that my certs go right to the out side too. You cant beat the training you get in the AF, hell all the other branches come to the AF to OUR fire academy...which is also rated one of the top in the nation. Ive worked with all branches and talked to a lot of different mil peeps and sure there are a lot that like there branch and enjoy there jobs which is great but I cant count how many said we had it better and if they could do it over they would have went AF...Im not bashing **** cause we need all branches asnd we server our specific purpose. I also have some very good friends in the Marines and Army too.

And yes....over all. The AF does promote slower. I would much rather be promoted on your performance and not just a test score. There are indeed some sloppy piles of **** in the AF that are ******* worthless that shouldnt even have the opportunity to test but it is what it is...I think average time for E6 in the AF is 12, I know its way lower in the other branches.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99WS7
AF....Im so qualified right now, I could get out and easily pull 65k a year no prob. Im about to hit 10 years though so I dont think Im gonna get out. Anyway, I have a FAA A&P license that I got while working on aircraft ( I crewed B1 Bombers for 8 years ) and now Im almost a fully certified firefighter that my certs go right to the out side too. You cant beat the training you get in the AF, hell all the other branches come to the AF to OUR fire academy...which is also rated one of the top in the nation. Ive worked with all branches and talked to a lot of different mil peeps and sure there are a lot that like there branch and enjoy there jobs which is great but I cant count how many said we had it better and if they could do it over they would have went AF...Im not bashing **** cause we need all branches asnd we server our specific purpose. I also have some very good friends in the Marines and Army too.

And yes....over all. The AF does promote slower. I would much rather be promoted on your performance and not just a test score. There are indeed some sloppy piles of **** in the AF that are ******* worthless that shouldnt even have the opportunity to test but it is what it is...I think average time for E6 in the AF is 12, I know its way lower in the other branches.

they navy will also pay for you to get your FAA A&P license or most other license depending on the job you do in the navy.

Thats wierd that you say ALL BRANCH's come to the Air Force For Firefighting Training because I am a firefighter in the NAVY and Never recieved my training through the AF? Every Rate(job) in the navy gets trained on firefighting and so since the way we fire fight is different then the AF as far as ship board firefighting i cant see how the Navy would use the AF to train us?

I know that the SEABEE's Train with the Air Force and also our Police force, but not Firefighting.

All Branches of the Military offer Great Schools no matter how you get the training. With the Navy I know you get college credits from the classes that the navy puts you through. The AF, ARMY, and Marines i belive do the same.

All we do is argue with each other because we dont know what the other BRANCH is like. When you talk to a young man or woman why dont you give them the straight facts about the branch you are in and thats it let the next person tell them about there branch. Then let the young man or woman decide whats best for them. I always hear the ARMY said the NAVY or the Navy said the Air Force and so on. this is bullshit and can you imagine what the young men and women are thinking when they are being told all this crap! so much **** talking! Im tired of it im in the US Navy and i love it! I am proud to serve next to my brothers and sisters (AIR FORCE, ARMY, AND MARINES) and i would do anything for them regardless of what branch there in. WE ALL SERVE TOGETHER! Support each other!

Okay i'm getting off my soap box now!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow some people need to grow up on here eveything has its up and down in the military ans **** can change hella fast at anytime in in the Marines so i have had days where i just wanted to die lol no joke but it really is up to you man like someone already said do your research get a damn bonus its to hard to get one in the Marines and find out what branch is best for you I wanted to go straight to Iraq and wanted to be a 0311 so thats why i joined the Marines worked out ok for me.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Banned

All I'm gonna say about bonuses is dont let that be a deciding factor, you shouldn't even take them into consideration. My job is one of like 4 that offers an enlistment bonus in the AF and you cant imagine how fast you burn through that ****, even if I got 40 g's like the army.

Dont worry about the money, because no amount of money the military cana fford to pay you is worth hating every moment of your life.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O and i just remembered ask about 2 years contracts if you go Army b/c they need you no matter what and they will probly say they dont have them but they do and if you like it just re-enlist but i really wish i would have done a 2 year contract.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 94CamaroZ28SS
All we do is argue with each other because we dont know what the other BRANCH is like. When you talk to a young man or woman why dont you give them the straight facts about the branch you are in and thats it let the next person tell them about there branch. Then let the young man or woman decide whats best for them. I always hear the ARMY said the NAVY or the Navy said the Air Force and so on. this is bullshit and can you imagine what the young men and women are thinking when they are being told all this crap! so much **** talking! Im tired of it im in the US Navy and i love it! I am proud to serve next to my brothers and sisters (AIR FORCE, ARMY, AND MARINES) and i would do anything for them regardless of what branch there in. WE ALL SERVE TOGETHER! Support each other!

Okay i'm getting off my soap box now!
Amen brother!!
Old 09-04-2008, 12:45 AM
TECH Resident

94camaro, hey maybe Im wrong and thats fine but its called the DOD fire academy and its on a AF base and when I went through training last year in Aug there were Navy guys there, one of my instructors was Navy in fact.

But I hear ya bro...were all one team

Quick Reply: wait for af or go army