Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

H/C WS6 vs. turbocharged Integra GSR

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 04:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Wrong. If racing from a static speed (stop or roll), you want the engine to be at or near peak torque to build momentum from the initial hit.
Look at a dyno graph and tell me how your car can continue to accelerate despite torque falling in higher rpms. This is my point. Torque will not accelerate your car. "The point I'm trying to advocate is that there is no reason to look at the torque. If you want an engine that produces 1000hp a@ 8,500rpm you will need 617ft/lbs of torque. The misunderstanding is that you are thinking that I'm saying you will never need torque at all. This is not the point I was trying to make. I was trying to say that you can throw out your torque numbers, they are unimportant. Now for the car to make X amount of horsepower it will need Y amount of torque at Z rpm. So you will need torque to make horsepower. However the torque, as a number, is useless to brag about. It is useless to say, well my car makes 400ft/lbs of torque. Now if that same person was to say "My car makes 400ft/lbs of torque at 8000rpm" its a different story. But thats only because that means he's making 609RWHP. Which is definitely a force to be reckoned with".

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A...ged_200084.htm

This is what I mean by manipulating where your torque is achieved. This is a classic example of a small displacement motor with a decent size turbo, vs a car with 3 times the displacement + FI and more torque/more hp. As long as you're in the right gear, torque will not play a factor.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 25psi
Look at a dyno graph and tell me how your car can continue to accelerate despite torque falling in higher rpms. This is my point. Torque will not accelerate your car. "The point I'm trying to advocate is that there is no reason to look at the torque. If you want an engine that produces 1000hp a@ 8,500rpm you will need 617ft/lbs of torque. The misunderstanding is that you are thinking that I'm saying you will never need torque at all. This is not the point I was trying to make. I was trying to say that you can throw out your torque numbers, they are unimportant. Now for the car to make X amount of horsepower it will need Y amount of torque at Z rpm. So you will need torque to make horsepower. However the torque, as a number, is useless to brag about. It is useless to say, well my car makes 400ft/lbs of torque. Now if that same person was to say "My car makes 400ft/lbs of torque at 8000rpm" its a different story. But thats only because that means he's making 609RWHP. Which is definitely a force to be reckoned with".

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A...ged_200084.htm

This is what I mean by manipulating where your torque is achieved. This is a classic example of a small displacement motor with a decent size turbo, vs a car with 3 times the displacement + FI and more torque/more hp. As long as you're in the right gear, torque will not play a factor.
My god are u serious? Trying to compair tq on a turbo and a supercharger? Tq wins races Hp sells cars and that vid is like a couple of years old. Those different setup in the vid just shows where the tq was at. The evo had more mid range tq and was in the power band quicker, To where as the vette had to spin up to the sweet spot. Thats why the vette walk him in befor the evo let off. Like I said Tq wins races if the vette went from a higher roll the out come would have been different. And where on earth do u get off saying (As long as your in the right gear tq will not play a factor) That is the dumbest **** I ever read. Gears are critical for tq. Would u launch a car with 160 tq in third gear?
Old 12-06-2008, 08:33 AM
master of the "jack"stand

Look at a dyno chart. Explain to me how your car can continue to accelerate as torque begins to fall?
Just because your torque output is falling versus RPM and is not at peak does not mean you are not still accelerating. Dude you need to re-think how you read graphs. With your reasoning, the speed of the car declines as the torque curve declines. Simply not true. If an engine has peak torque at 5k RPM, are you telling me a car powered by this engine will begin slowing down after the engine passes 5k RPM. You are disregarding basic physics.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:39 AM
11 Second Club

What a ******* tool....

But then again Ricer Math has be jacked up for as long as there were ricers....

Nice runs... And that car would sure upset a bunch of unexpected mild LS1s.. Hard for me to say that though I hate rice.

Last edited by twizted_creations; 12-06-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by JDP
nice runs, its good to see a decently built quick import.

but thank god we got our torque monsters to hold it down
apparently it was built well. wonder how long the motor will hold up squeezing out that kinda power??
Old 12-06-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Still longer than yourself.
Doesn't make you any less of a tool.

Nice kill OP. Strong running trans am. Love the color too
Old 12-06-2008, 02:22 PM
formerly 20032wdsilverado (8/29/2011)

25psi, you have a argumentative teenager thinks he knows all attitude. The reason why you continue to accelerate is because there are still rpms left in the powerband, yeah, its wasted as it falls, but you still continue to accelerate because there are mulitple gear ratios. thats why you want to get you shift right after peak TQ so you are always building torque while accelerating. thats what you might be thinking about.

Heres another thought. Take a dodge cummins truck, you have 500ish HP, but the way a diesle is, it makes most of it power in the low RPMS, there for it has higher TQ, say 1000lb/ft. so after about 3K rpms, are you gonna say that the truck will no longer pull a load? Just watch this vid you damn tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmz_n...layer_embedded

Now a 1000lb/ft of TQ wont do anything for you?

I am done.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

way to put the beatin on the veeeetec
Old 12-06-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Junkie

What a gay *** fucken thread full of swingers.......

Secound im not shocked at this race, full weight GSR with a little over 300whp vs and fullbolton LS1.

Doesnt shock me at the out come, but he shouldnt have lost by that much

Wheel spin
Old 12-06-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 20032wdsilverado
25psi, you have a argumentative teenager thinks he knows all attitude. The reason why you continue to accelerate is because there are still rpms left in the powerband, yeah, its wasted as it falls, but you still continue to accelerate because there are mulitple gear ratios. thats why you want to get you shift right after peak TQ so you are always building torque while accelerating. thats what you might be thinking about.

Heres another thought. Take a dodge cummins truck, you have 500ish HP, but the way a diesle is, it makes most of it power in the low RPMS, there for it has higher TQ, say 1000lb/ft. so after about 3K rpms, are you gonna say that the truck will no longer pull a load? Just watch this vid you damn tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmz_n...layer_embedded

Now a 1000lb/ft of TQ wont do anything for you?

I am done.
You can't compare the gas vs diesel, considering they work in a different operation. Thats why diesel is not ideal for drag racing(not saying it won't work). But diesels rev slower and have a much lower rpm cycle.

Its best to make torque in the higher rpms because then you will make more power. For instance, stroking or increasing displacement will not necessarily make more power. Increasing displacement augments torque because a greater volume of air (and thus fuel) is combusted per revolution, imparting more force on the crank and thus producing more torque. However, without changing the rest of the setup, you are not actually flowing more total air, so power stays the same. That is why a stroked engine generally pulls the curve to the left and inflates the torque curve (more torque produced accross the RPM band), but doesnt increase HP on a given setup (the ONLY way that would happen would be if the HP curve is still rising at redline, increasing VE, meaning more airflow could be obtained at the same redline by increasing displacement).
Old 12-06-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

You can't compare the gas vs diesel, considering they work in a different operation. Thats why diesel is not ideal for drag racing(not saying it won't work). But diesels rev slower and have a much lower rpm cycle.

Its best to make torque in the higher rpms because then you will make more power. For instance, stroking or increasing displacement will not necessarily make more power. Increasing displacement augments torque because a greater volume of air (and thus fuel) is combusted per revolution, imparting more force on the crank and thus producing more torque. However, without changing the rest of the setup, you are not actually flowing more total air, so power stays the same. That is why a stroked engine generally pulls the curve to the left and inflates the torque curve (more torque produced accross the RPM band), but doesnt increase HP on a given setup (the ONLY way that would happen would be if the HP curve is still rising at redline, increasing VE, meaning more airflow could be obtained at the same redline by increasing displacement).
Im not calling names bro, But why for the love of god are you saying this. Added displacement will yeild more power on any motor except a hybrid. A car with good midrange and topend tq is key Unless your towing. Yes the diesel are a dam good example of tq 1000 fpt of the line will push that truck into the 11 sec range. Tq moves **** bro bottom line. My nephew has a prelude with a h22 and a gt35r Now his car makes in the area of 500+ hp and 489 tq I know the tq numbers. As a matter of fact I know his carries tq from 3.5k to 7k peak is at 5.5k. And he can rape a bolt on ls1 and some headed ones. But boosted ls1 they allways pull on him untill he hits third and thats if he can will stop a pull and reel some people in. Is it TQ? Why yes because that gear is higher than the first two and allows him to use his tq curve.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Im not calling names bro, But why for the love of god are you saying this. Added displacement will yeild more power on any motor except a hybrid. A car with good midrange and topend tq is key Unless your towing. Yes the diesel are a dam good example of tq 1000 fpt of the line will push that truck into the 11 sec range. Tq moves **** bro bottom line. My nephew has a prelude with a h22 and a gt35r Now his car makes in the area of 500+ hp and 489 tq I know the tq numbers. As a matter of fact I know his carries tq from 3.5k to 7k peak is at 5.5k. And he can rape a bolt on ls1 and some headed ones. But boosted ls1 they allways pull on him untill he hits third and thats if he can will stop a pull and reel some people in. Is it TQ? Why yes because that gear is higher than the first two and allows him to use his tq curve.
Increasing displacement will not yield more power, only torque! The only way to increase hp is to have enough VE past redline(meaning more torque in the higher rpms). Keeping the setup the same, while only increase displacement will only yield more torque.

Why did the S2k increase from 2.0 to 2.2 but the hp remained the same? Torque was increase, but not hp. Same with the Dodge diesel. It increased from 5.9 to 6.7 but power remained the same. Torque was augmented though.

People keep saying torque wins races. I say to you this. Line up a C6Z and a 2006 Viper and run em. Let me know who wins.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Old 12-06-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
http://performancetrends.com/blog/?p=7
Old 12-06-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by southern69chevy

Thanks for contributing! Your knowledge has no limit.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, get back on topic or make your own goddamn thread.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for contributing! Your knowledge has no limit.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Nice kill OP
Old 12-06-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

Oh god... Not this again. bigger engines have more Tq. Cool race and that was a fast civic.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by southern69chevy

LMAO right to the point i love it...thats what this thread has turned into