Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Nebraska cops trying to mess with me

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by COMNBYU
Well from what Ive been told officers arent supposed to have their weapons drawn for no reason. You pretty much have to be fearing for your life. Most people dont see a traffic stop nessesary to have your weapon unholstered.

And that was my point, I wouldnt be able to do that.
Funny story about officers drawing their weapon on ME.

Way back when I was in HS (sophomore year), I went to school on a saturday to get something from my locker.
Apparently, the front door was supposed to be locked but it hadn't closed all the way (or just was left unlocked).
I got my books and went to the bathroom. A minute later someone came in and said: "I know you're in their, come out."

I thought it was a janitor or something that thought I shouldn't be at school.
From what I was later told, a silent alarm went off when I opened the front door.

I came out of the stall and standing right in front of me was a 5'6" tall white woman police officer with her service pistol drawn (92FS). I was understandably shocked and followed her out of the bathroom.
By now, she had put her pistol away and I was brought to her partner who was waiting outside of the room (he didn't have his pistol drawn).

They asked me how I had broken in and I told them the front door was open.
I even showed them my school card and my books that I had just retrieved from my locker.
They didn't believe me, so I showed them that the door was still unlocked.
Afterwards, they let me go on my way with a warning that they would contact me if anything was reported lost or stolen.

Moral of the story: 14 year old kids with books that are using the restroom are a life endangering threat.
No, but I actually thought the whole experience was pretty hysterical.
I later found out that they had used the same door to come in looking for me...
Old 12-23-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1ssws6
i am half puerto rican/black so i guess i am "racies" towards myself. Sorry for being politically incorrect, i meant caucasian as well, didnt mean to offend anyone by saying white are you serious? lol

EDIT: Im sorry i should have said african american as well instead of "black" i apologize for acting in a racies way.
its ok as long as you see the the point, and being by raciel you should know better, here in ncy we must be politically on the job.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by COMNBYU
Well from what Ive been told officers arent supposed to have their weapons drawn for no reason. You pretty much have to be fearing for your life. Most people dont see a traffic stop nessesary to have your weapon unholstered.

And that was my point, I wouldnt be able to do that.
i dont know what state/county you have heard that from but here must be different. I know 95% of officers do the same thing i do on traffic stops, from sergeants to LTs and all across the board. When we get burg alarm calls and we have to clear a property our guns are always out even though we arent in fear for our lives at that specific time. When we were in the academy a deputy chief came and talked to us and the two points he stressed was you can cuff someone whenever you want because they can always come off and you pull your gun whenever you feel is necessary because it can always be holstered.

Also after being to 4 philadelphia police officers funurals while in the 6 month academy it makes me even more cautious out there everynight. If it is between explaining why I had my gun out on a car stop that someone complained about or my family and other officers going to my funural i think i will take the explanation end.

Dont get me wrong I am not rushing cars on car stops pointing my gun yelling and screaming to see their handfs like the person is wanted to a homicide or something, but if there is a car stopped at 3 in the morning with dark tinted windows enough that i cant even see how many occupants are in there then yes i will have my gun by my side each and every time.

There is no directive here stating we can not have our guns out except when fearing for our lives.

Last edited by ls1ssws6; 12-23-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
Maybe it's an area that is highly populated by puerto ricans?
it does not matter. yes in the east coast most hispanics are puerto rican, but all are not, and officer should know better thats all.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ssam98
its ok as long as you see the the point, and being by raciel you should know better, here in ncy we must be politically on the job.
ok but why did you only call me out on the puerto rican thing, why didnt you correct me for saying "white" instead of caucasian or "black" instead of african american
Old 12-23-2009, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

ok but why did you only call me out on the puerto rican thing, why didnt you correct me for saying "white" instead of caucasian or "black" instead of african american
I did I said by-raciel thing, and being vice president of nyc law inforcement hispanic society It just hit hard, thats all.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ssam98
I did I said by-raciel thing, and being vice president of nyc law inforcement hispanic society It just hit hard, thats all.
ok im not gonna get into it i know how you puerto ricans get i joke i joke....i actually have been thinking of making the switch and coming up to NY
Old 12-23-2009, 01:48 PM
TECH Regular

That cop is the reason why other cops have such a bad rep. Take that tape in and report his ***. Your dad? I would have said wtf does my dad have anything to do with this? How does that even make sense? And if he detained you for a long period of time to get a K-9 under no probable cause/reason of suspicion that's illegal to.

I don't think you should have messed with him, just adding fuel to the fire, I don't know why anyone wants to mess with someone carrying a gun but at the same time that cop is a retard.

Last edited by Bones Z28; 12-23-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bones Z28
That cop is the reason why other cops have such a bad rep. Take that tape in and report his ***. Your dad? I would have said wtf does my dad have anything to do with this? How does that even make sense? And if he detained you for a long period of time to get a K-9 under no probable cause/reason of suspicion that's illegal to.

I don't think you should have messed with him, just adding fuel to the fire, I don't know why anyone wants to mess with someone carrying a gun but at the same time that cop is a retard.
Report him for what? All he did was ask some basic questions. Are you gonna go into the district and say, " This cop asked me a bunch of questions about my car and where i was coming from and i dont think it is right!" I dont think that will really float. As far as the search and k9 none of us were there, maybe the officer thought the OP was on some type of narcotic or maybe smelled some type of narcotic who knows again none of us were there. So you cant really judge him for calling a k9 or asking for the search.

All the OP had to do was say fine search my car, the officer would have looked in the immediate area of the driver and let him go if he didnt find anything, instead he called for k9 which im sure took a while and confirmed the same thing a search would have done. So the OP saying he stood up for his rights i guess in a way he did but it really didnt cause the cop to go out of his way so im sure the only person inconvienced was the OP. But hey if that makes him feel better than more power to him.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:54 PM
12 Second Club

i dont know what state/county you have heard that from but here must be different. I know 95% of officers do the same thing i do on traffic stops, from sergeants to LTs and all across the board. When we get burg alarm calls and we have to clear a property our guns are always out even though we arent in fear for our lives at that specific time. When we were in the academy a deputy chief came and talked to us and the two points he stressed was you can cuff someone whenever you want because they can always come off and you pull your gun whenever you feel is necessary because it can always be holstered.

Also after being to 4 philadelphia police officers funurals while in the 6 month academy it makes me even more cautious out there everynight. If it is between explaining why I had my gun out on a car stop that someone complained about or my family and other officers going to my funural i think i will take the explanation end.

Dont get me wrong I am not rushing cars on car stops pointing my gun yelling and screaming to see their handfs like the person is wanted to a homicide or something, but if there is a car stopped at 3 in the morning with dark tinted windows enough that i cant even see how many occupants are in there then yes i will have my gun by my side each and every time.

There is no directive here stating we can not have our guns out except when fearing for our lives.

I hear ya. All Im saying is that theres a reason you have a holster. Cops dont walk around with their gun in hand everywhere. The line for unholstering is a fine one that varies from one situation to another.

Me personally, I roll my window down and have my hands on the wheel every time Im pulled. I want the officer to feel as calm/relaxed as possible. I understand this is not the case for every stop.

The point I was making was basically me not being able to abide by the rules you guys are supposed to follow, assuming I was in LE.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Veteran

The cop in that video was so freaking nice that if his supervisor ever saw that tape, I guarantee he would get in trouble. If I were that cop, I wouldn't want any of my cop buddies to see it, let alone my supervisor. He'll learn.

The OP's like, "I'm messing with the cops."

Guess what; you're the one who got pulled over. You're the one who had to sit and wait just to give him something to do between running radar and eating doughnuts. You were the one that got messed with, then tossed aside like small fish when he was done with you. And, in the end, the very young, very new rookie cop decided not to write you a citation for obstructed plate.

Instead of thanking him, the OP acts like he was messing with the cop!

Next time, it might not be a rookie. It might be a veteran traffic officer who has learned -- as that rookie will learn -- not to cut slack where none is due. You'll do something stupid like not answer a question asked right to your face, he'll take that as intoxicated behavior and pull you out of the car so fast. Then, when he's done searching you and it, he'll write you for every little thing he wants, not to mention arrest you for anything illegal found.

Then, you won't be laughing and calling it a joke. You'll be bawling and whining about how the cops are such **** dick heads.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:58 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sharpe
The cop in that video was so freaking nice that if his supervisor ever saw that tape, I guarantee he would get in trouble. If I were that cop, I wouldn't want any of my cop buddies to see it, let alone my supervisor. He'll learn.

Guess what; you're the one who got pulled over. You're the one who had to sit and wait just to give him something to do between running radar and eating doughnuts. You were the one that got messed with, then tossed aside like small fish when he was done with you. And, in the end, the very young, very new rookie cop decided not to write you a citation for obstructed plate.

Next time, it might not be a rookie. It might be a veteran traffic officer who has learned -- as that rookie will learn -- not to cut slack where none is due. You'll do something stupid like not answer a question asked right to your face, he'll take that as intoxicated behavior and pull you out of the car so fast. Then, when he's done searching you and it, he'll write you for every little thing he wants, not to mention arrest you for anything illegal found.

Then, you won't be laughing and calling it a joke. You'll be bawling and whining about how the cops are such **** dick heads.

I tend to agree.

IDK why he wasnt yanked out of the car right then & there when he simply did not reply to a question the officer asked.

Certainly not the case around here....
Old 12-23-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Regular

All the OP had to do was say fine search my car, the officer would have looked in the immediate area of the driver and let him go if he didnt find anything, instead he called for k9 which im sure took a while and confirmed the same thing a search would have done. So the OP saying he stood up for his rights i guess in a way he did but it really didnt cause the cop to go out of his way so im sure the only person inconvienced was the OP. But hey if that makes him feel better than more power to him.
Holding someone for a long period of time, for instance getting a K-9 is illegal if you do not have reasonable suspicion or evidence on them. That's why I say report him. The OP is a moron, but so is the cop with all that dad talk and just how he presented himself.You should never feel obligated to letting them search you. That's a cops job, he can ask but shouldn't take it personal if you say no. They can ask a volunteer question like "can we search" you don't have to let them. And you shouldn't be punished for it by having to wait for them to get a K-9. I said report him because he held the guy there too long. Pulling over a citizen is considered a form of arrest. You are seized at the moment and not allowed to move forward.

Honestly, if I had to choose believe it or not I favor the laws side. Mainly because I'm soon to be interning with the state police, so of course I'm bias. But I don't favor either in this situation. I think the OP is a moron for going out and fing with cops, get a real hobby and he deserves what he gets. But I think that cop could have handled things better as well. If that kid wanted to mess with him and not answer questions he could have gotten him for noncompliance. What's all the dad talk? Guy just sounds like an idiot and doesn't deserve to wear the badge if that's the case. Just sick of a few dumb cops ruining it for all the good ones. Especially since in the long run I'm wanting to enter a federal agency (starting off as a cop).

Last edited by Bones Z28; 12-23-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Launching!

just to give him something to do between running radar and eating doughnuts.
WOAH i resent that! Why are you stereotyping cops and doughnuts? Sounds like you have a lot to learn too sheesh lol

Holding someone for a long period of time, for instance getting a K-9 is illegal if you do not have reasonable suspicion or evidence on them. That's why I say report him. The OP is a moron, but so is the cop with all that dad talk and just how he presented himself.You should never feel obligated to letting them search you. That's a cops job, he can ask but shouldn't take it personal if you say no. They can ask a volunteer question like "can we search" you don't have to let them. And you shouldn't be punished for it by having to wait for them to get a K-9. I said report him because he held the guy there too long. Pulling over a citizen is considered a form of arrest. You are seized at the moment and not allowed to move forward.

Honestly, if I had to choose believe it or not I favor the laws side. Mainly because I'm soon to be interning with the state police, so of course I'm bias. But I don't favor either in this situation. I think the OP is a moron for going out and fing with cops, get a real hobby and he deserves what he gets. But I think that cop could have handled things better as well. If that kid wanted to mess with him and not answer questions he could have gotten him for noncompliance. What's all the dad talk? Guy just sounds like an idiot and doesn't deserve to wear the badge if that's the case. Just sick of a few dumb cops ruining it for all the good ones. Especially since in the long run I'm wanting to enter a federal agency (starting off as a cop).
like i said if the cop had reason to believe the driver was on some type of narcotic or something he has every right to call for k9. As far as k9 taking too long and it being illegal that isnt the case, he is still under investigation until k9 comes and does their thing. There is no "legal time limit" for a carstop or for k9 to get there. There may be a curtousey time period where the cop could say ok get out of here but i dont think there is a legal time limit. Like here when we do a livestop, taking someones car for non dreivers license, suspended license etc we have to wait for parking authority to come tow it BUT if they dont get there within 45 minutes its at our discretion to let the person go with tickets and not have the car towed.

Plus i dont think the OP ever even stated how long he was waiting for, did he? i may just have missed it. Also I think the officer was just trying to get deeper into the investigation with the dad questions, it may have sounded stupid but he was just trying to squueze as much info out as he could, cant fault him for being thorough.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

#1 - my lawyer would chew up and spit out a cop like that, and #2, that is bullshit to begin with..that just goes back to cops trying to show their power over normal people.

True story - i once paid my lawyer over $4k and strung it out over 2 years just to get a simple speeding ticket thrown out..i told the cop i would get it knocked out and i did
Old 12-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls2pontiac
#1 - my lawyer would chew up and spit out a cop like that, and #2, that is bullshit to begin with..that just goes back to cops trying to show their power over normal people.

True story - i once paid my lawyer over $4k and strung it out over 2 years just to get a simple speeding ticket thrown out..i told the cop i would get it knocked out and i did
you really showed them as the cop got court for 2 years, i dont know how much OT is there but each time i go to court its about an extra 200 bucks in my check AFTER taxes so you add up two years of court for that cop. Im sure he was so pissed when the ticket got throw out
Old 12-24-2009, 09:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

I understand probable cause, but just because someone declines a search, that is probable cause to search? LOL What basis has to be set for a search to be requested? Just a traffic violation??

I don't think he was standing up for anything. To drive like that, and then act like you did nothing wrong is just beyond me. In my past experience, when I got pulled over for doing dumb ****, when asked do you know why I pulled you over? I just responded truthfully, like, I spun my tires quite a bit leaving that light or whatever I did.

I have been treated unfairly by mostly state troopers here in Houston. Sheriff's deputies and Constables are very reasonable and friendly. I have several sheriff's friends and a few constables, and I have never used them to get me out of any violation, because if I earned it, I earned it. LOL

Anyways, everyone drive safe this upcoming holidays.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I'm going to disagree Sharpe. When people get it through their heads that policeman and citizens are on the same level and we do have rights maybe a lot of this kind of non-sense will stop. I've never been asked to have my vehicle searched... the first time I do I will respectfully decline and assert my right to unreasonable search and seizure... tell the cop respectfully to get a warrant and I will sit there. To me it is never a waste of time to assert your rights as a person. Just the same as open carrying a firearm... i've seen people even cops get that "look" when they see it... do I care? No. If someone gives me **** about it I will again respectfully state my rights and if I feel those are being violated I will be on the phone with a lawyer and will go to any length to make sure that person is reprimanded.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ls2pontiac

Wow, and you consider that a win? I'm sure your lawyer did. He must be laughing all the way to the bank having you for a client.

You broke the law with something covering your plate, got pulled over for it, and TRIED to act tough, which got you nowhere from what I saw. Since I guess you didn't read it before in my post, WHERE IS THE REST OF THE TAPE? What else happened that made you look so good & the cop so bad after that 4 minute clip? Must not have been much or you sure as hell would have posted that up too.

You're trying to make yourself into some internet martyr & failed, period.

Shay

Last edited by 98-mongooSSe; 12-24-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Holding someone for a long period of time, for instance getting a K-9 is illegal if you do not have reasonable suspicion or evidence on them.
How is what the officer did at all illegal? The OP wouldn't even answer a simple question. And BTW, it is not illegal. A simple smerk can be construed as probable cause. The officer was doing what he felt was right for someone who was being an *** to him. He had probably cause, the license plate was covered. End of story. People want to take their rights over the limits, that's the problem.

There is a BIG difference between understanding your constitutional rights and taking them overboard.

Quick Reply: Nebraska cops trying to mess with me