Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Nebraska cops trying to mess with me

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in my town, if the cop loses the ticket, he gets to pay back whatever OT he got. you think i am that dumb?

and i always try to pay a ticket if its a small one just for that reason so they dont get overtime
Old 12-24-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I like the way you dealt w/ him...good job
Old 12-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls2pontiac
in my town, if the cop loses the ticket, he gets to pay back whatever OT he got. you think i am that dumb?

and i always try to pay a ticket if its a small one just for that reason so they dont get overtime
damn where is this at? That is the most rediculous thing i have ever heard. Are you sure of this or is this another rumor like the "quota" thing?

If so i guess the cop was pissed but in the end i couldnt justify spending 4k on a lawyer just to get out of probably a 200 dollar ticket and to be able to say "told ya so" to the cop.

as for thinking your that dumb...see my above comment about the 4k vs. i told ya so and $200 ticket....
Old 12-24-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black_95_Z28
How is what the officer did at all illegal? The OP wouldn't even answer a simple question. And BTW, it is not illegal. A simple smerk can be construed as probable cause. The officer was doing what he felt was right for someone who was being an *** to him. He had probably cause, the license plate was covered. End of story. People want to take their rights over the limits, that's the problem.

There is a BIG difference between understanding your constitutional rights and taking them overboard.
Being an *** to an officer is not a reason to violate your constitutional rights, no matter how much they may "deserve" it. I've always been respectful to an officer when I am pulled over... if they do not return that respect then yes I will be an ***. Sure he may have a badge and a gun and may think he is above the citizen... but that is not the case. In the case of asking to be searched I will definately turn a video camera on, respectfully decline the search and make him get a warrant.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon5212
Being an *** to an officer is not a reason to violate your constitutional rights, no matter how much they may "deserve" it. I've always been respectful to an officer when I am pulled over... if they do not return that respect then yes I will be an ***. Sure he may have a badge and a gun and may think he is above the citizen... but that is not the case. In the case of asking to be searched I will definately turn a video camera on, respectfully decline the search and make him get a warrant.
Just out of curiosity, do you mind citing which constitutional right the officer withheld from him? There was no illegal search and a person can be detained without charge if there is probable cause, i.e. someone calling you in for reckless driving.

#1 - my lawyer would chew up and spit out a cop like that, and #2, that is bullshit to begin with..that just goes back to cops trying to show their power over normal people.

True story - i once paid my lawyer over $4k and strung it out over 2 years just to get a simple speeding ticket thrown out..i told the cop i would get it knocked out and i did
You paid 'your lawyer' or your dad did? If you were up to spend $4k just to prove a point, why not make that car a little faster or upgrade from the LT1?
Old 12-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
You paid 'your lawyer' or your dad did? If you were up to spend $4k just to prove a point, why not make that car a little faster or upgrade from the LT1?
ZING .....time to duck and cover boys!
Old 12-24-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Just out of curiosity, do you mind citing which constitutional right the officer withheld from him? There was no illegal search and a person can be detained without charge if there is probable cause, i.e. someone calling you in for reckless driving.

Haven't watched the clip yet. What part of my post did you not understand? I wasn't even referring to the clip, merely a statement in reply to Black 95 Z28 stating because the guy was an *** to the officer it gave the officer a right to search without just cause. It does not. And I limited my response to just the issue of searching a vehicle or a person just for the hell of it. Any person saying NO to a search of person or property without a warrant is perfectly legal and constitutional.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

the speeding ticket had 4 points thats why i fought it, i couldnt caer any less about fines. and nope, im just your average working guy making 40k/year. i really want to get a 08 C6 vette and i could buy the car but i could not insure it. I really dont care anymore though now that i want a house
Old 12-24-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Veteran

#1 - my lawyer would chew up and spit out a cop like that
You're actually right there. That trooper was certainly the newest rookie on the whole force.

True story - i once paid my lawyer over $4k and strung it out over 2 years just to get a simple speeding ticket thrown out..i told the cop i would get it knocked out and i did
BWAAA HAHAHAHAHA!!! I wish the cop who gave you that ticket could read that. You'd win in the end though, because he would laugh at you so hard he'd choke on his doughnut and die.

Yeah I'm going to disagree Sharpe. When people get it through their heads that policeman and citizens are on the same level and we do have rights maybe a lot of this kind of non-sense will stop. I've never been asked to have my vehicle searched... the first time I do I will respectfully decline and assert my right to unreasonable search and seizure... tell the cop respectfully to get a warrant and I will sit there. To me it is never a waste of time to assert your rights as a person. Just the same as open carrying a firearm... i've seen people even cops get that "look" when they see it... do I care? No. If someone gives me **** about it I will again respectfully state my rights and if I feel those are being violated I will be on the phone with a lawyer and will go to any length to make sure that person is reprimanded.
I didn't see any actual disagreement there. He refused, the cop called the K9, he didn't come, the cop let him leave. Was nice about the whole thing.

If you meant about the pulling out thing, any time a cop tells you to exit your vehicle, you must do so. There are Youtube videos that instruct motorists how to handle traffic stops (like, drug traffickers, teenage pot smokers, etc.). Even those videos tell you to get out if instructed to do so. If you've watched many episodes of Cops, you'll agree that refusing to get out of the car when a cop tells you to do so always has some pretty harsh consequences.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Haven't watched the clip yet. What part of my post did you not understand? I wasn't even referring to the clip, merely a statement in reply to Black 95 Z28 stating because the guy was an *** to the officer it gave the officer a right to search without just cause. It does not. And I limited my response to just the issue of searching a vehicle or a person just for the hell of it. Any person saying NO to a search of person or property without a warrant is perfectly legal and constitutional.
I wasn't saying the fact that the guy was being an *** to the officer gave him just cause. A simple call over the radio saying people have reported him for driving recklessly is just cause though, and the fact that his license plate was covered. A simple smerk at the wrong time can be enough for the officer to have probable cause. And you are correct, saying no to a search is legal, but so is the officer having him sit there so a K9 unit can smell around the outside of the car is legal too.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was in nebraska for a while and some jackass was going the speed limit
I laughed my *** off to this quote. The stupidity! Well, I'm a huge jack *** then.

Last edited by 02TransAm/Batmobile; 12-25-2009 at 02:13 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
I laughed my *** off to this quote. The stupidity! Well, I'm a huge jack *** then.
Thanks for admitting it, i hate drivers like you, going the speed limit, using your turn signals, and even coming to a complete stop at stop signs i HATE you guys

stay off the road and let people like me drive, i go 75 in residential areas blowing stop signs and sometimes even drive in oncoming traffic because of people who sit in traffic like suckers
Old 12-25-2009, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

What a tool.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sharpe
You're actually right there. That trooper was certainly the newest rookie on the whole force.

BWAAA HAHAHAHAHA!!! I wish the cop who gave you that ticket could read that. You'd win in the end though, because he would laugh at you so hard he'd choke on his doughnut and die.

I didn't see any actual disagreement there. He refused, the cop called the K9, he didn't come, the cop let him leave. Was nice about the whole thing.

If you meant about the pulling out thing, any time a cop tells you to exit your vehicle, you must do so. There are Youtube videos that instruct motorists how to handle traffic stops (like, drug traffickers, teenage pot smokers, etc.). Even those videos tell you to get out if instructed to do so. If you've watched many episodes of Cops, you'll agree that refusing to get out of the car when a cop tells you to do so always has some pretty harsh consequences.

Oh I understand about exiting the vehicle, which I would have no problem with, but of course I would shut the door and make sure my video camera is on because they won't be searching it without a warrant. And I won't be wasting my time for exercising my right to privacy and unreasonable search. I know they would not find anything in the truck anyways, and if it did happen to be a "dick" officer and thinks they could tear my truck apart they got that wrong too because I'd have it on film and would take that to court as well.

Quick Reply: Nebraska cops trying to mess with me