Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

The aftermath of the accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TurdsOfMayhem
Well, glad your ok, but wouldn't it have been better to just apply the brakes, instead of trying to pass on the dirt shoulder? Not trying to be an ******* or anything.
she was way too close for that man... she was like 3 car lengths ahead and thats nothing when youre doing 45 or more
Old 02-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Launching!

ok here is the deal my car wont get anything done to it if i dont get the ladies info from the police report... the cop hasnt turned it in and its the same cop that was being rude to me when he was taking down my report... should I call the station? what the heck do i say so i can get this info from them man, its seriously pissing me the **** off
Old 02-13-2010, 09:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have received a report at the scene, as well as the officers card.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It could have been worse - you could have damaged those awesome headlights!
Old 02-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Launching!

when my truck got totalled out from a guy runnin a red light, it took a while to get my police report. the officer gave me a card with the police report number. i called the next 2 days in a row...still no report. so i started goin to the station and asking in person. took me 4 days in a row before i finally annoyed them enough to get it done for me. pissed me off cause ya gotta go thru all the bullshit of police report, insurance, bodyshop, etc. and they act like its an inconvenience on them.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls6firebird
when my truck got totalled out from a guy runnin a red light, it took a while to get my police report. the officer gave me a card with the police report number. i called the next 2 days in a row...still no report. so i started goin to the station and asking in person. took me 4 days in a row before i finally annoyed them enough to get it done for me. pissed me off cause ya gotta go thru all the bullshit of police report, insurance, bodyshop, etc. and they act like its an inconvenience on them.
yeah i know and its their job supposedly... its been 7 days and still no ******* report... I hate this crap, should have gotten everyones insurance within the 2 minutes the cops werent there
Old 02-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
It could have been worse - you could have damaged those awesome headlights!
hey hey... theyre better than the stock piece of ***** that come on there lol
Old 02-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Launching!

and when ya finally do get the report, you get to spend hours talking on the phone with insurance. and theyre no better
Old 02-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Launching!

and when ya finally do get the report, you get to spend hours talking on the phone with insurance. and theyre no better
I got the estimate and everything done already just waiting to get a claim done on the stupid ladies insurance... which is where the report comes into play...

they called again and said it was 3100 bucks and thats 63% so it wont be totaled out. which is good news, now i need to decide if i want the 98+ conversion on it
Old 02-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Launching!

thats a tough call. the car looks good the way it sits...well in the pre-wreck pictures
Old 02-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Launching!

thats a tough call. the car looks good the way it sits...well in the pre-wreck pictures
I honestly think the 98+ camaros kinda resemble the Sebrings a bit lol so im not sure... i may just slap on a different bumper and pocket what i can from it and call it a day and start back on the motor build... ive had to put everything on pause so far
Old 02-13-2010, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who is your insurance company? The reason I ask because some companies wont send u a dime and will send the money directly to the shop. Its better to just replace the parts to stock and go from there. Some insurance companies will look over the work and if the car has upgrades on it they may drop you. Its better if they just pay u straight up, Thtas what usaa did for me. I hit a dog that a c6 zo6 hit befor me and slung it in the air.. Yeah we where racing lol. After he hit the dog it flew and hit me as we where breaking. In short I filed a report and had a estimate done by a usaa rep, the deposited 3k in my account and I source the parts myself and saved over 1.3k in my pocket. after the deductable was paid. Then I took the bumper and fender to the shop and had it painted. and put the pices on my self.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Launching!

I have Liberty Mutual... the lady i hit has USAA but she has nothing to do with my damages... im waiting for the report to go after the lady in the GMC I dont know what her insurance is so thats what were waiting for... So i have liberty mutual but they wont pay...

Now im kinda hoping that lady has USAA lol
Old 02-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

How exactly are you expecting to go after the lady when you admittedly are the one who lost control of your vehicle and hit another truck? Just saying, her insurance company wont give you a nickel, you would have to go after her in civil court.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Launching!

he lost control when swerving to avoid hitting her dumb ***
Old 02-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Staging Lane

That is a matter of opinion. Since her car was in no way damaged it is going to be a he says she says on how the accident transpired. You are responsible for controlling your vehicle at all times, regardless of what other drivers do. He would have had a better case if he had laid into the brakes and just rear ended her.

On a side note, with your skid marks being as long as you stated they were, you were probably traveling in the area of 55+mph, given a grade of +/- 1 degree. Given a decent braking efficiency, S=the square root of (30 x distance of skid x Drag factor of surface x braking efficiency). So the Sq.Rt. of (30 x 148 x .75 x .95) =56mph. this is the minimum speed at which a vehicle could leave that size skid marks.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 92maro
That is a matter of opinion. Since her car was in no way damaged it is going to be a he says she says on how the accident transpired. You are responsible for controlling your vehicle at all times, regardless of what other drivers do. He would have had a better case if he had laid into the brakes and just rear ended her..
yea ive heard of it working both ways....just what ive heard tho. maybe its handled different in different states. i dont know. i would think that if his accident was the result of her failing to yield, she should get a ticket to that. on an accident report, there is a checklist of all possible things that may have contributed to the accident. failing to yield, obviously being one of them. surely the truck would have seen it happen. op, were there any witnesses?
Old 02-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Staging Lane

If she wasn't issued a ticket, then it is going to be ridiculously hard to get an insurance company to cough up money. Her failure to yield could be the cause of this accident entirely, as could his speed, which if any detective with a physics background can conclude is over 50 mph, given his clams of skid mark distance is true. Im not trying to take sides, im just saying that he thinks he is going to get money out of her when this might be an out of pocket expense for him.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:00 AM
Launching!

yea if she wasnt issued a ticket he may be screwed. since there was road construction and he aslo hit the dirt, couldnt loose gravel or anything on the road he may have picked up from the construction added to the length of the skidmarks. doesnt tire type/tread depth come into play also? i have no idea, just wondering?
Old 02-14-2010, 01:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 92maro
That is a matter of opinion. Since her car was in no way damaged it is going to be a he says she says on how the accident transpired. You are responsible for controlling your vehicle at all times, regardless of what other drivers do. He would have had a better case if he had laid into the brakes and just rear ended her.

On a side note, with your skid marks being as long as you stated they were, you were probably traveling in the area of 55+mph, given a grade of +/- 1 degree. Given a decent braking efficiency, S=the square root of (30 x distance of skid x Drag factor of surface x braking efficiency). So the Sq.Rt. of (30 x 148 x .75 x .95) =56mph. this is the minimum speed at which a vehicle could leave that size skid marks.
no she didnt complete the u-turn man... she was in mid u-turn like the driver side of her front was going to hit my driver side if i didnt do what i did... If i rear ended her than it be my fault either way... so she got a ticket because a witness stopped and made a statement and she admitted to not seeing me at all meaning she wasnt paying attention...

my agent said if she got cited first then we can go after her insurance so were good on that