Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

The aftermath of the accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: K just got off the phone with Farmers they are saying there is comparative neglegence on my end as well because everyone and their mom decided to say I was going way too fast which I know for sure I did not exceed 50 mph and that is worse case scenario I was prolly more around 45ish in a 45 mph speed zone... I hate the sound of my exhaust for this reason....

Anyway so basing it off that lets say they go 90/10.. 10 % being my fault... they would pay 90% of the 3100 in damages... What I am confused about is the shop said it is 63% of the value which wouldnt be totaled but my insurance is saying its in the total loss dept. i guess thats assuming if there are other supplement damges like rack and pinion and stuff... So what the hell do I do? if its total loss should I take the money and do what with it... or should I retrieve my camaro and take the salvage value of it?

im so lost in whats going to happen and I have so many scenarios running through my head it isnt even funny...
Old 02-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Launching!

that **** gets so complicated. so farmers is the other insurance? is the other insurance saying its not totalled and is paying 90%? i would definately find out how much your insurance is gonna give you and how much less it will be for you to keep it salvaged. this is where the other insurance company is gonna try to screw you.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Launching!

yeh thats what im saying... but the thing is Farmers being the insurance of the lady in the GMC is saying there is some negligence on my end... How is that when the whole thing could have been avoided had she not made an ILLEGAL u-turn/left turn in front of me... whether I was doing 40,45 or even 50 that is irrelevant because I did what a defensive driver would have done and that is swerve to avoid her, it was unfortunate I had to hit the other lady but it would have been a lot worse had I hit the GMC head on
Old 02-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Launching!

thats just how insurance works. its total horseshit and spins me into a world of pissed off that i cant even describe. ive heard of a lot of situations like that and almost had a couple myself. your literally better off hitting the car that pulled in front of you. bad deal that really sucks. hopefully your insurance will be able to help you. if its the insurance deciding you may be partially at fault, chances are theyre just trying to get out of paying what they should have to. if thats the case, your insurance may be able to say that you were 0% at fault, pay for the damages, and send farmers the bill
Old 02-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Launching!

By definition...

Negligence:
  • the failure to exercise that degree of care that, in the circumstances, the law requires for the protection of other persons or those interests of other persons that may be injuriously affected by the want of such care. an injury or loss in an accident caused by another's negligence

Comparative Negligence:
  • negligence of one among multiple parties involved in an injury that is measured (as in percentages) according to the degree of its contribution to the injury comparative negligence of the plaintiff

Negligence Per Se:
  • negligence that consists of a violation of a statute esp. designed to protect the public safety
Old 02-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls6firebird
thats just how insurance works. its total horseshit and spins me into a world of pissed off that i cant even describe. ive heard of a lot of situations like that and almost had a couple myself. your literally better off hitting the car that pulled in front of you. bad deal that really sucks. hopefully your insurance will be able to help you. if its the insurance deciding you may be partially at fault, chances are theyre just trying to get out of paying what they should have to. if thats the case, your insurance may be able to say that you were 0% at fault, pay for the damages, and send farmers the bill
Yeah I still have to get a hold of some contacts at my insurance that ive left messages for but ill get to the bottom of it, im just pissed because especially in AZ if you are making a u-turn or left turn you are automatically at fault... I know this because I was making a left turn into a gas station with my v6 camaro a long time ago and got hit by Geo Metro speeding trying to beat the light and I was 100% at fault because I was making a left turn
Old 02-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Launching!

thats how it is here too for the most part i think. did the police report say anything about fault on your end? does it say that it could have been preventable on your part?
Old 02-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls6firebird
thats how it is here too for the most part i think. did the police report say anything about fault on your end? does it say that it could have been preventable on your part?
No... the conditions were clear sunny day and dry surface no traffic in front of me.. the only thing it says is the fact I got cited for speeding greater than reasonable and prudent to avoid a collision...

This could have been avoided by two ways... if there were two lanes or if the driver didnt make the u-turn but her not making the u-turn in front of me would have prevented this indefinetly.. what im dealing with is with the lady in the GMC and not the lady in the ford that I ended up hitting so with me even if I was under the speed limit she would have caused me to swerve and lose control because of the loose dirt on the side of the lane
Old 02-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Launching!

then i really think your insurance would be able to help you out a lot more. hopefully they'll get ya call back soon and be able to give ya some helpful information
Old 02-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Launching!

I figured it was well suited for this thread lol
Old 02-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Not fun
Old 02-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Launching!

k so here is whats going on...

Farmers called and said its looking more like a 80/20 situation where im 20% at fault which if I was doing 50 I dont know how 5 mph is 20% my negligence but whatever ill take it. My car is a total loss indefinite so im taking the rims off of it tomorrow and getting receipts together of everything ive put into it...

Im taking my tax return and the money ill be receiving from the insurance and buying an LS1 I found a 98 for a decent price so we will see if its still available by the time I get this insurance money. Wish me luck! its been a pain and a half
Old 02-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Launching!

good luck man, hope it all works out. shame to see a nice car like that totalled
Old 02-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Thanks bro
Old 02-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Launching!

I have 4 Z06 Rims with tires for sale. Minor curb rash damage with 50-55% tire tread left.

Specs:
(2) 17x9.5 (245/40/17 BFG G-Force Tires)
(2) 18x10.5 (265/35/18 Continental Pro Tires)
Lug Pattern:
5x120

I am asking $540 obo for the whole set. If interested PM me or reply

Old 03-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Launching!

so looks like I may be parting the hell out of it and have my parts regenerate life into other broken down LT1s lol
Old 06-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Teching In

ill buy your rims if you do part it out....lmk.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

ouch.