Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

The aftermath of the accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 01:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls6firebird
yea if she wasnt issued a ticket he may be screwed. since there was road construction and he aslo hit the dirt, couldnt loose gravel or anything on the road he may have picked up from the construction added to the length of the skidmarks. doesnt tire type/tread depth come into play also? i have no idea, just wondering?
yeah my tracks were 148 ft... so i dunno how thatll work because i hit the dirt wouldnt that make my tires spin faster than they really are?
Old 02-14-2010, 01:49 AM
Launching!

your good then, they'll take care of it.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:01 AM
Staging Lane

Would have cleared up alot by stating there was a ticket issued in the beginning of the story. There are alot of variables in skid mark length, i just used the basic control formula. dirt would have a minimal effect since as soon as you hit asphalt again it would quickly be worn off. Tread and all that all play factors in the formula, but if you are on DOT approved tires, and they meet wear pattern specs, I.E. not bald, then you are looking at a 1-2 mph difference at best. But its not like they would bring out a CSI team for this thing. they would use the standard formula and give you a +/- 5mph cushion. which still puts you at at least 50mph. Since you didnt state the speed limit of the road, i assume you are still in the clear from any speeding infraction.

Your quote for repair does seem quite high. Granted if its on her, she has to pay.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:08 AM
Launching!

it may be a little high, but i sure as hell wouldnt complain
Old 02-14-2010, 02:09 AM
Launching!

yeah the tread is real good on it.. maybe 60-70% left but i just hope they give me the check if not then oh well the guy at the shop said he will work with me on what id wanna do... I might have them repaint my whole car while theyre at it and give them the difference or something

edit: sorry about not posting there was a ticket issued. i had posted this in another thread so i got it confused with this one
Old 02-14-2010, 02:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SixShooterCam
yeah the tread is real good on it.. maybe 60-70% left but i just hope they give me the check if not then oh well the guy at the shop said he will work with me on what id wanna do... I might have them repaint my whole car while theyre at it and give them the difference or something

edit: sorry about not posting there was a ticket issued. i had posted this in another thread so i got it confused with this one
if you havent made any decisions yet, you can have the insurance send an adjustor to your house and give you an estimate. that will be what they figure is enough for parts and labor at a body shop. thats what i did. just tell them your not sure where you want to have it fixed yet. i had my own insurance company come out and write an estimate in a wreck where my truck wasnt totalled. i did that cause it was a beater and i just wanted to pocket the money. if you can fix the damage yourself, or know someone who can do it cheap, you will end up with plenty leftover since labor costs are included. your own insurance will give you more money usually. all the insurance companies pretty much go by the same book on values. the difference is the other insurance company will usually try to get away with shorting you a little. your insurance will give you what its worth, then send the bill to the other company and they have to pay. it wont affect your rates either.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:32 AM
Launching!

so should i bring it to my house then? because its sitting at the shop right now...
Old 02-14-2010, 03:34 AM
Launching!

the thing is what if the rack and pinion is fucked up on it and we wont know til its driving on the road?
Old 02-14-2010, 03:41 AM
Launching!

im sure you could have a shop check it out and document everything wrong that cant visibly be seen. talk to your insurance company. tell them that you have a lot of time in your car and that you want to really make sure its fixed right. tell them you want to have it checked to see whats wrong before you decide where you want to have it fixed and that your gonna need time to check into all your options. your insurance company wont be too concerned about it because they are gonna get reimbursed for every dime they spend on it. and since your the one paying them every month, theyre gonna be more concerned about making you happy than the other people
Old 02-14-2010, 04:28 AM
Launching!

you make a strong point on that... ill definetly get that done then
Old 02-14-2010, 05:00 AM
Launching!

yea insurance is hit and miss. when my truck got totalled, the other person's insurance was only gonna send me 1200. i woulda been screwed cause i was 17, just paid 3800 for the truck a year earlier, and had all my money invested in equipment for my landscape business. thats when i went and talked to my insurance to see what i could do. they ended up writin me a check for 3200, which was pretty fair. i guess they can be generous when its not costing them anything. a kid slashed my tires last summer and keyed my tailgate down to bare metal. they only wanted to give me 550 for 3 tires and the bodywork. which was pointless with a 500 deductible. so theres no tellin what they'll do but its sure worth a shot. hope it works out for ya. keep us posted
Old 02-14-2010, 05:50 AM
Launching!

Will do man thanks...

Yeah the 550 thing sucked but youre right it is hit or miss... i wonder with how the economy is if it will effect anything
Old 02-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Launching!

ok so i called the station and complained and the person who answered said he would have a sargeant call me and not even 2 minutes later a sargeant called me and gave me the ladies insurance info and name and junk so now im going to call my insurance and give them what they need
Old 02-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Launching!

good deal! hopefully the next step will go a little smoother
Old 02-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Launching!

yeah hopefully... i cant do anything today since its after hours but tmw morning itll be on
Old 02-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Launching!

So i made a claim with Farmers insurance yesterday morning... that is who the ladies insurance is, so not sure how long this process will take as they didnt give me a timeframe... im hopin they get it done quickly though
Old 02-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Wowwwww the lady in the F-150 is now claiming bodily injury? what a joke... nothing happend to the lady
Old 02-17-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not surprising, when a family member barely bumped some lady's car when backing out of a spot, she claimed neck and back injuries for a bump that was at 2mph. People always want some thing for nothing.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Launching!

Whats funny is that the only statement she provided was the fact she saw me "gun it" when the GMC was in front of me... first of all I would have hit the GMC if I "gunned it" and second of all how did she see me to do anything with the GMC in FRONT of me? and that is the only statement she provided... they told me she hasnt provided a statement yet because it was going to be recorded which makes no sense what-the-****-ever
Old 02-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SixShooterCam
yeah i might just do it if it isnt totaled... id do it just for the lights too... i actually think the 93-97 front end looks way more mean but i hate the headlight options there are
i totally agree with you. wish there were more options