Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

ls1fox vs 2jz300zx rematch

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1fox vs 2jz300zx rematch

Here was the first raced posted. In the original thread nothing was stated about the 300zx jumping the start of the race. Both drivers agreed on it when they got back to the lot. They did not rerun because the 300zx was low on gas.

The facts on the ls1 fox and what was said from the 300zx

ls1fox made 470/412 na and was on a 175 shot threw a hsw plate. The hsw plate and soloniods apparently are not really made for over a 150 according to what hsw said. the fox is roughly 3000lbs with driver.

the 300zx said 26psi that bled down to 21psi. the car had made 683whp@19psi. there was talk about the 300zx weight in the other thread. The 300 is somewhere in the 2850-2950 range. when the car had a singe setup it weighed 276x. The new compound kit weighs alot more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYXUvcnYrQI

this run was on the first compound kti that was on the car and a different motor. Not the current setup that has larger turbos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbFr_...eature=related

the rematch!

ls1fox changed his plate to a nitrous dave plate and put larger solonoids on to support more nitrous. The car was rejetted with a 200 shot.

the 300zx turned the wick up to 2.6 bar{38psi}

* what i will say about the foxbody driver is that he is a good sport. If he is winning a race pulling threw 4th gear he will shift to 5th to give the other car a chance to catch him. In this video he shifted to 5th.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STfH-kJrc-Y

the videos are hosted by the 300zx owner so if they go missing....well

Last edited by Clean94Z; 08-21-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Regular

Wham-o, called it on the weight.

Looks like a good match. I expected the Z31 to outrun the mustang sooner though.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

educate me please. I thought a 300 zx was a nissan car that had the flush headlights. This looks different.
Fun runs!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
educate me please. I thought a 300 zx was a nissan car that had the flush headlights. This looks different.
Fun runs!
You're thinking of the Z32 300zx (1990-1996 in the US).
The one in this video is the earlier Z31 300ZX (1983-1989).
It's lighter, has an equally good chassis, but an ungodly ugly interior.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ahhh. I thought the number refered to its body style. Like the 350z vs 370z. Makes sense now
Old 08-22-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
Ahhh. I thought the number refered to its body style. Like the 350z vs 370z. Makes sense now
The numbers denoted the engine size. The Z31 has a VG30ET (SOHC 3.0l). The Z32 has a VG30DETT (DOHC 3.0l). The 280zx has an l28et (SOHC 2.8l). And so on...
Old 08-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Teching In

It was a real good run. Mr. Hyde and StreetFighter are always a good match when they're both on their A game. The Z was not at 2.6 bar. It would be over 900 RWHP if it was. They've ran probably 15 times in the past, I'm sure they'll run again. Always anxious to see these two going at it.

Also the Z weighed 2690 last time he weighed it at the track. He has added the compound setup and removed some other things. The Z is still around 2700 lbs.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FlawleZ
It was a real good run. Mr. Hyde and StreetFighter are always a good match when they're both on their A game. The Z was not at 2.6 bar. It would be over 900 RWHP if it was. They've ran probably 15 times in the past, I'm sure they'll run again. Always anxious to see these two going at it.
well I would argue with you about that. I talked to 3 sources that all heard it come from his mouth.

I wouldnt expect the coupe to race the 300zx anymore. I think after the 15 runs the coupe is alittle tired of all the excuses or "problems" the 300zx has.

Also the Z weighed 2690 last time he weighed it at the track. He has added the compound setup and removed some other things. The Z is still around 2700 lbs.
sorry homie. it was 276x with him in it.

And there was nothing in the car to left to remove. I remember him looking for more weight to ditch back when his car was a single.

Last edited by Clean94Z; 08-23-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

this seems biased....

i bet that 300zx was on lower boost than 38psi. but damn that ls1fox is fast, well both cars are fast!
Old 08-24-2010, 06:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bongva
this seems biased....

looks to me like the z has a hard time losing. I dont see any problems with the coupe on either post. Looks like the z just got beat and is back peddling.

I havent not read about or seen any of the compound setups making crazy numbers. I believe they tried it years ago and it would hit a brick wall. Good in theory but didn't translate to reality. Sounds like the z is turning up the boost expecting to just keep making power but the car does not look to be any faster.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Teching In

Well unless you have a psychic connection with the 300 I'd have to say you're wrong. Marc specificAlly told me he ran 2.6 bar. Are you saying he's a liar?
Old 08-24-2010, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He also told me 2.6 bar before and after the race. Get your **** straight
Old 08-24-2010, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

He probably thinks his facts are straight. Marc lied to him also.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Clean94Z
well I would argue with you about that. I talked to 3 sources that all heard it come from his mouth.

I wouldnt expect the coupe to race the 300zx anymore. I think after the 15 runs the coupe is alittle tired of all the excuses or "problems" the 300zx has.

sorry homie. it was 276x with him in it.

And there was nothing in the car to left to remove. I remember him looking for more weight to ditch back when his car was a single.
Excuses? Problems? More times than not the Z whoops up on the coupe if you go by the videos posted online. There's probably 8+ different videos of them running and only 1 or 2 with the Coupe ahead at the end of the race. Even this last time they were dead even until the coupe put it 5th.

Originally Posted by 40ROLL?
Well unless you have a psychic connection with the 300 I'd have to say you're wrong. Marc specificAlly told me he ran 2.6 bar. Are you saying he's a liar?
Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde
He also told me 2.6 bar before and after the race. Get your **** straight
Well I'll confirm with him then. To my knowledge he's never ran that much boost in a race. Hell just look at his numbers for how much power he made 680@19 lbs. Double the boost? Just do the math the car would seriously be making 900 RWHP if it ran 38 lbs. But again, I'll confirm with him as I doubt you guys would just make that up arbitrarily.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excuses? Problems? More times than not the Z whoops up on the coupe if you go by the videos posted online. There's probably 8+ different videos of them running and only 1 or 2 with the Coupe ahead at the end of the race. Even this last time they were dead even until the coupe put it 5th.
Whoops me? If by that you mean he stays in it AFTER I run out of gear then yes....but typically I'm a car or so behind. Unless you were in his lap slobbin' his **** during those races, you need all the facts before saying anything else. You can see the vids but you weren't IN the cars. He got the hit the first race and I roasted the tires through 2nd...his GF was in my car and probably recalls the car skating in the lane from the hit.

Well I'll confirm with him then. To my knowledge he's never ran that much boost in a race. Hell just look at his numbers for how much power he made 680@19 lbs. Double the boost? Just do the math the car would seriously be making 900 RWHP if it ran 38 lbs. But again, I'll confirm with him as I doubt you guys would just make that up arbitrarily.
He was at 1.91 the previous race (the passenger is his car is a friend of mine, too), and 2.6 for the rematch. He tends to downplay his car after the race. As well as you know him, you should know that already.
Last week he complained that a 60 hit took away his only advantage over me. WTF is that ricer ****? He's a pro fabricator for Boost Logic with access to unlimited resources and tuning by Justin Nenni. I work at a desk and built my car in my garage in my spare time. I guess maybe I'm missing something here
Old 08-24-2010, 10:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yes sir excuses!

Your boy ran all this cars and bike with no problems as long as he was blowing people away. Then he runs the coupe and it's boost bleeding down,wrong speed ,wrong gear,melt vacum tee's boost levels all over the place. When he ran the vette he told different people different stories on boost levels and power numbers. Excuses,excuses,excuses!!

900whp is speculation! Your boy can't keep up with his lies. He claimed when he ran the 850whp vette he was only at 650-680whp because it dyno 600whp at 19psi the day before. But posts up on his facebook 683whp at 19psi. He also said it made the same power the old setup made 706whp on high boost setting.

Like lsxcoupe said. Have you seen any compund boost setups on the 2jz making 900-1000whp? I believe the highest is cj real 2jz that made 820whp at the same boost level marcs made 706whp.

He keeps saying the car has more in it and he can what? Marc hates losing period. If he could do more he would have done more againest both the coupe and the vette. And not to win by a inch or a length.

The kid is pulling the wool over your eyes mang

Last edited by Clean94Z; 08-24-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Well it is what it is.

I hear it straight from the horses mouth, but clearly those that run him the night of do too. Boost really is irrelevant. If it has more, he'll run it again. Everytime we talk its not REALLY about the winning, just the rush and excitement of going at it with another fast car. He has Nitrous on the car. If he was THAT concerned with winning he would spray it and be done.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sure he will!! He has had spray on it for years and never even cracked the bottle. Just more it's got more left in it bs.

They had high expectations for that kit but according to the supra forums the kit proved to be done between 700-800whp. 800whp being with a 2jzgtte not 2jzge. I even read quotes from the owner of BL confirming it. While they have hopes of big numbers the compound setup didn't do it. Like Hyde said "get the facts".

Last edited by Clean94Z; 08-24-2010 at 12:00 PM.