Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Trailer - Lambo vs Zonda!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Trailer - Lambo vs Zonda!

New trailer for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, featuring Lambo vs Zonda. This video has gotten almost 20,000 YouTube hits in 2 days!

It's a pretty sick video...

Pics here.

Video here.

--Eric
02 SS

Old 11-20-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Resident

Nice!
I can tell SO much went into production of that vid.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm pretty disappointed with the game to be honest. There's no customization of cars like the old NFS and what really disappointed me was that there is absolutely NO story line what so ever...

Being a cop on the game is much more fun that being the racer. I personally would recommend saving your money if anyone was considering buying it.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

Really? I was totally thinking about getting a PS3 for it...
Don't really play them for stories... NFS never had the best plots.

Interesting that there is no customization though.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:45 AM
11 Second Club

Grand Turismo 5 is coming out on the 24th that's more than enough reason for someone who doesn't have PS3 to buy one.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I still liked that there was a story line behind the old ones though. But there is ZERO customization. You have a map and you pick races, then whatever that race is categorized as (which car class) you choose from the cars you have unlocked and then you get to choose from a stock color.

The graphics are good and so are the design of the cars, but I figured you'd have a story line like the others, start low with a basic car, work your way up buying new cars like the others, but nope.

Like I said, I enjoy playing as the cop way more than as a racer.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

I was disappointed with that game as well. But hardcore fans might get more out of it than i did.

Usually you trade story line quality for car customization ability in those games.
Like the Forza series and Gran tourismo they dropped the lame *** attempts at some F&F-style story line and went for just simulation and broad customization and that's why they're able to do unique things like engine swaps and drive train swaps because part of their funds aren't set aside and going towards some terrible story line with over the top boring characters.

If you do have a story line you get things like the NFS series where you have a so-so story line and so-so cars and customization and you get your hand held through the game (aka funneling) or are forced to listen to some songs from some artist you don't care for because they're representing the game.

Personally, when it comes to car games i couldn't give a fat babys dick about a story line because i know if there's one at all the game will automatically suck from an automotive enthusiast stand point. That means less time, money, and effort put into the cars/trucks and their accessories/customization.
Unless you have a big budget company who's willing to take the chance, you'll never ever have a great quality story line mashed into a quality car sim, which is disappointing.

Ideally, i would love to play a car sim that has insane customization with an engrossing story line in a multi-city based setting. Where you can drive around the city(s) at your own free will and/or transport vehicles to various courses in the city like road races, drag strip(s), auto-crosses, drifting events, etc. But still have the option to transport/'fly' my car to popular tracks around the world (like the 'Ring', etc.) say through an airport in he city(s)?

The basic game would include the base city and popular tracks and your normal range of cars. (like Forza 3 but with a 'free mode' city feel like grand theft auto just no guns etc.)
Download-able content (DLC) would cover unique tracks like hill climbs/Pikes Peak? Imagine 'Isle of Man' in a car! And of course extra cars/trucks and customization abilities, i.e. new turbos, colors, and wheels. We all know we HATE not being able to find the right wheels for our car(s) and having to choose from the only 2-5 out of 90 styles we actually like, and then you're funneled into putting certain size wheels and tires on the car.
That way companies are not forced to include so much content in the initial release and have it go to waste to those who don't prefer said types of cars or styles.
So Asian tuner enthusiasts won't get angry because they have to pay extra for say, American muscle car content that they won't be using. But, if they change their mind it's always there, and the same can be said for the opposite.
I would also like to see a leader board for legit lap times at the various tracks and drag strip(s) and the ability to hold record times based on the characteristics of the vehicle. Like the fastest 1/4 mile/Lap time for a stock engine <insert whatever car here> where it requires you to actually tune your cars suspension etc. to acquire faster times.
Granted, not everyone will be interested in that, but it could be part of an 'extreme tuners' expansion, or the like.
If people are more worried about their image in-game then they can focus more on customizing their characters looks in the game and obviously there could be DLC for that also.
I think a big portion of success will be balance in the game through available upgrades to the cars that reflects real-life abilities and physics. So you can have a front wheel drive car that's properly customized be competitive with a rear-wheel drive car of similar abilities. That way people aren't 'farming' a certain vehicle for it's abilities. For example: If you join a race everyone won't have let's say a All Wheel Drive Corvette ZR1 with twin turbos pushing 2k hp and racing slicks on all corners just because it's the best set-up in the game, because that makes it very boring. You need other set-ups with equal abilities to keep things fresh and entertaining. Otherwise it turns into the "2000hp TT Corvette ZR1 racing game." lol

My point with all of this is with a little common sense, careful planning, and proper application through an expandable gaming platform 'they' can produce an awesome game made with limitless customization and add-ons which could appeal to quite literally everyone interested in that genre and cover a broad spectrum of interests - bringing people who would otherwise be on opposite sides of the fence together.
*takes a breath*
Allllll while being profitable.

Maybe this concept will catch on.
Squeaky wheel gets the grease, right?
Old 11-20-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dear Video Game Developers,

Make exactly what that guy said ^

Thanks.