Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

New ride..

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ride..

As of 3 weeks ago, I'm officially out of the LS game. Decided to upgrade a little, and get rid of both of my cars, get something a little newer and nicer. Wanted something with kind-of a sporty feel, while being a little more "grown up." Found an awesome deal on this '06 CLK 350 coupe. 6-speed shiftable auto and Comfort and Sport settings on transmission, as well as the 260-270HP still give it the sports car feel I wanted (and love), while being more practical as a daily driven, year 'round car. Came with 2 sets of wheels/tires.. AMG wheels, which are pictured, and stock CLK wheels. It's loooaaaded out, I don't even know all of the options it has yet. Anyway, on to the car...

Day I traded: Out with the old, in with the new(er)

I miss my Trans Am, and though this car makes up for it in different ways, it doesn't give me the sound and power of the v8
Old 11-26-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice buy. Too much of a well-off grandpamobile for my taste, but if it suits what you wanted good for you.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

bad move
Old 11-27-2010, 02:51 AM
IMJ
TECH Enthusiast

sorry to hear about that.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:11 AM
Staging Lane

Why did you go to a Benz over a BMW?

I will admit that it is a much better car than I'm sure your TA was.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

lol@the comments...

Originally Posted by imonmywhey
Why did you go to a Benz over a BMW?

I will admit that it is a much better car than I'm sure your TA was.
Because I like MB better than BMW. My mom's in her second M-class (actually, we both got new cars at the same place, same day) and my aunt has a CLK 55 AMG.. just like the styling of them over a BMW. Why get a Firebird over a Camaro, or vice versa?
Old 11-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SHould have bought a caddi.. Trade that thing in for a ctsv.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Good move on getting a coupe. I was a tech and MB for 5 years, verts are nothing but trouble.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 217zenki
SHould have bought a caddi.. Trade that thing in for a ctsv.
CTSV might've been a little out of my price range.. but would love to have!

Originally Posted by enforcer
Good move on getting a coupe. I was a tech and MB for 5 years, verts are nothing but trouble.
I looked at a red CLK 500 vert, but they wanted almost $40k for it (NO thanks). Never really liked a rag top anyway...

I wanted something 2-door, with somewhat of a sporty feel still (don't want a "mom car" until I become a mom). Found exactly what I wanted, and more. I drive my aunt's AMG when I need a power "fix"...
Old 11-27-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

i like it... but whats hiding parked beside it in the garage? chevelle??? wheres the pics of that!!!!????
Old 11-27-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah.. DD F-Body's = for me.. They're garage queens meant only for disturbing the peace, car shows and teaching younger kids what real power looks like.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:58 PM
MASS seller approved

nice looking car i would have got a CTS-V over that any day tho
Old 11-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CrystalNicole
lol@the comments...

Because I like MB better than BMW. My mom's in her second M-class (actually, we both got new cars at the same place, same day) and my aunt has a CLK 55 AMG.. just like the styling of them over a BMW. Why get a Firebird over a Camaro, or vice versa?
I asked because it is ungodly ugly.

I was hoping you basically stole it.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NXPRSS
i like it... but whats hiding parked beside it in the garage? chevelle??? wheres the pics of that!!!!????
'71 Monte

Also usually have a '54 Chevy truck in there, too, but it's getting a little work done at the moment..
Old 11-28-2010, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by imonmywhey
I asked because it is ungodly ugly.

I was hoping you basically stole it.
Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to run this by you before I bought it. How silly of me...
Old 11-28-2010, 01:37 AM
TECH Addict

congrats on the new car i cant really say nice buy well the interior is hell better than ta\camaro interior but other than that..as long as you like it that wt really matter, enjoy it

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
Yeah.. DD F-Body's = for me.. They're garage queens meant only for disturbing the peace, car shows and teaching younger kids what real power looks like.
well said! altho mine is a DD
Old 11-28-2010, 02:51 AM
On The Tree

I never understood the whole "grown up" feeling with cars.
If you get a car because you yourself feel your more "grown up" because of it.. uh.. yeah.

Maybe if your business depended on it where your a contractor/construction/etc and show up to a residential in a Corvette rather than a work truck (or on the other side of the coin, owning a body shop and not having a badass shop car to show off what you can do.) I could see it..

But if your seats suck.. spend the money and upgrade it... if your dash/interior is so "cheap" spend the money and get it wrapped.. if your suspensions bumpy.. spend the money and upgrade it.. but otherwise a car is a car.. and no one outside of enthusiasts or snobs really give two ***** what your driving..

Garage queens.. god that cracks me up. F-Bodys? Really?

BTW - A manual 2004-2008 CTS-V runs nearly the same as those (16-20k depending on options.) and imo looks hot as **** as a 4 door for doing it. (On your mom comment) I'm a single guy with no kids and would rock a murdered out CTS-V as a DD every day.

But on topic, that Monte is ******* hot.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:04 AM
9 Second Club

I own a Benz as well. Good purchase and she looks very clean.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:02 AM
11 Second Club

If your happy, thats all that matters.

Whoever said F body not for dd....really? I love DDing my car. I have a ranger that I hardly use because I love my TA too much.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Parasoth
I never understood the whole "grown up" feeling with cars.
If you get a car because you yourself feel your more "grown up" because of it.. uh.. yeah.

Maybe if your business depended on it where your a contractor/construction/etc and show up to a residential in a Corvette rather than a work truck (or on the other side of the coin, owning a body shop and not having a badass shop car to show off what you can do.) I could see it..

But if your seats suck.. spend the money and upgrade it... if your dash/interior is so "cheap" spend the money and get it wrapped.. if your suspensions bumpy.. spend the money and upgrade it.. but otherwise a car is a car.. and no one outside of enthusiasts or snobs really give two ***** what your driving..

Garage queens.. god that cracks me up. F-Bodys? Really?

BTW - A manual 2004-2008 CTS-V runs nearly the same as those (16-20k depending on options.) and imo looks hot as **** as a 4 door for doing it. (On your mom comment) I'm a single guy with no kids and would rock a murdered out CTS-V as a DD every day.

But on topic, that Monte is ******* hot.
My Trans Am was in very good condition, that doesn't have anything to do with why I traded. It's not a practical dd where I live (Ohio, and it snows here). It was getting some miles on it (117k) and some age ('99) and my dd/beater is a 'lil '98 ZX2, and I just wanted to upgrade a little and have 1 car.
About a CTS-V... I never really even thought about a Caddi when I was looking because I was focused on having still a 2-door "sporty feeling" car. However, if you would like the duty of finding me a nice '05+ CTS-V, less than 60-65k miles, preferably black but I'm open-minded, with a good price and also preferably no more than 300mi radius of 45638, you're more than welcome to look! It's not too late to change my mind, I guess...

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
I own a Benz as well. Good purchase and she looks very clean.
Thank you, it is!

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
If your happy, thats all that matters.

Whoever said F body not for dd....really? I love DDing my car. I have a ranger that I hardly use because I love my TA too much.
Mine was my dd for about the first year... not fun... Not practical, depending where you live and if you care about the condition it will be in, in the future.