Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2011 GT H/C/I makes 507hp N/A

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1QWIKZ
grow up and quit yer bitchin. i used to be a hardcore mustang fanboy, until the arrival of the LS1. thats when i realized that what i really loved and appreciated was american muscle. you need to accept what the new coyote engine is, a modern day marvel...just like LS1 used to be. there is nothing wrong with praising a car, no matter what brand it is....and just to let you know, i am saving my pennies for a gt500.
Used to be? Damn dude, to consider this new engine a modern marvel is a bit of a stretch. I don't even consider the LS7 to be a marvel and I will gladly swing on some LS7 nuts. Its like considering a velvet elvis as a modern art f*cking masterpiece. Come on dude.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSXNV
Used to be? Damn dude, to consider this new engine a modern marvel is a bit of a stretch. I don't even consider the LS7 to be a marvel and I will gladly swing on some LS7 nuts. Its like considering a velvet elvis as a modern art f*cking masterpiece. Come on dude.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:54 PM
10 Second Club

FYI the 5.3L build by the Truckin Link was on 9.5 to 9.6:1 SCR with BHP/tq numbesr SAE corrected and was done With a BLOWER CAM! Not Max effort by any means!

And it was a total parts cost of 4,053.75 VIA Summit Racing, for 2k more you can buy a rotating assembly punch it to a 383LSx. GRAND TOTAL (In parts Not including Labor/Gaskets, Like Your 5.0L @ 507whp) $6,063.75

How Many different Bore x Stroke x Cam combo's did for try before finally getting the 5.0L Coyote again??

So Impressed. NOT YET!

Last edited by 06X6spdGTO; 02-24-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

Something I have gotta ask, is this 5.0 really a clean sheet design NEW engine? Or is it a variant of the previous OHC fords? Similar to the relationship of an LS1 and LS3.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

Something I have gotta ask, is this 5.0 really a clean sheet design NEW engine? Or is it a variant of the previous OHC fords? Similar to the relationship of an LS1 and LS3.
A Clean SHEET!!

Heres the Article: http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=31645
Old 02-25-2011, 12:06 AM
Launching!

A guy from jpc said Originally( Posted by Eric@JPC View Post dont expect much from the idle it sounds pretty stock) and in my opinion it will surprise a lot of ls and push rod ford owners at the track, or traffic light. That's if the comment is true. Not to bad from such a small cube motor. Not to mention the addition of the Boss intake and stage 2 or 3 heads. With just a 100 shot it will be killer.

Last edited by kennyxg; 02-25-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:43 AM
Teching In

Yeah, because "VTEC" and "VTC" mean the same thing..

I love how people are so close minded.. I guess it was stupid for me to even comment in here, given that this is a "LS" forum. lol..

My slow little torque-less Mustang beat up on a new Camaro on the way home.. I chuckled and thought about some of the comments in here.

Travis

Originally Posted by 06X6spdGTO
It Sure does get better and better! Everyday another mustang owner post up on to LS1tech.com to promote the DOHC VVT 5.0l. Then gets argues driveability, Torque, Weight, Peak HP numbers, etc... on why we should look out for the MUSTANG but post very little factual info. Other than a DYNO graph with no SAE correction Factor, compression Ratio Info, Fuel info, or even a FULLY installed Price!

Even worse they get hurt that some of the LSx crowd isnt impressed that you put almost $7K into the car to make 507HP @ 7600rpm and matched the Torque curve of a 4-clydr WRX.

Want to impress us?!? Stick with the 03/04 Cobras! Its the best out of the box chassis and power plant combo youve had in YEARS!!

I guess your own Mustang supporter, TRAV4011 described your 5.0L best!

VTEC YO!!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:51 AM
Teching In

BTW, Here are some of my vehicles..

Believe it or not, it's "OK" to own both and enjoy them..

Brand loyalty, to the point that it makes you ignorant/resistant to change is flat out retarded.

Travis
Old 02-25-2011, 01:53 AM
Teching In

Clean sheet.. it's a longer block, to accomodate larger bores. Ford finally got it right this time. Large bore + good breathing 4 valve heads = WIN. The old Modular 2 and 4 valves were always lacking because no matter how well the heads flowed, you were always limited in bore size. Shrouding killed them..

Travis
Old 02-25-2011, 06:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Trav4011
Yeah, because "VTEC" and "VTC" mean the same thing..

I love how people are so close minded.. I guess it was stupid for me to even comment in here, given that this is a "LS" forum. lol..

My slow little torque-less Mustang beat up on a new Camaro on the way home.. I chuckled and thought about some of the comments in here.

Travis

You forgot to mention the story about getting your *** handed to ya by the 4th gen SS/WS6 when you left the dealership!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GaPz...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvXGw...eature=related
and a GTO^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2fo3...eature=related
Old 02-25-2011, 07:00 AM
10 Second Club

the most ignorant thing I've seen here is ppl trying to convinence me that a 6k 507hp 416tq engine is better than a 4k 508hp 460tq motor!! Than trying to say torque doesnt matter!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:11 AM
TECH Regular

the most ignorant thing I've seen here is ppl trying to convinence me that a 6k 507hp 416tq engine is better than a 4k 508hp 460tq motor!! Than trying to say torque doesnt matter!
To think otherwise would make us ignorant and blind brand loyalist.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:05 AM
10 Second Club

like i said on svt, great numbers, but i wanna see some track times

-brandon
Old 02-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI the 5.3L build by the Truckin Link was on 9.5 to 9.6:1 SCR with BHP/tq numbesr SAE corrected and was done With a BLOWER CAM! Not Max effort by any means!

And it was a total parts cost of 4,053.75 VIA Summit Racing, for 2k more you can buy a rotating assembly punch it to a 383LSx. GRAND TOTAL (In parts Not including Labor/Gaskets, Like Your 5.0L @ 507whp) $6,063.75

How Many different Bore x Stroke x Cam combo's did for try before finally getting the 5.0L Coyote again??

So Impressed. NOT YET!
It's a brand new engine! What do you not understand about that! Nobody really knows what can be done with them yet and of course the price will be more expensive!

And FYI I could build a 351 and lay down same numbers so I'm not impressed

It's basically a new sheet but its all still the same basic concept

You forgot to mention the story about getting your *** handed to ya by the 4th gen SS/WS6 when you left the dealership!
Just a question and I'm not trying to be an *** but are you like 16 years old or something? Because you really do act like it and if you are older I'm sorry but you seem very immature
Old 02-25-2011, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

F8L and 1quickz have u ever wonder how a heavy as duramax diesel truck manges to run 12s at the track and beat *** on the street!?! It might only make 450bhp but it makes tonz of torque!!

Secondly I would take a 2010 h/c/I ss over a 2011 5.0 gt. It should be a damn good race considering the ss makes a better avg torque curve
There's a lot of duramax's running around that are 10 and 11 second trucks that you'd have no idea what happened when you see tailgate lol.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:14 PM
10 Second Club

F8L let not get involved with 351 discussion becuz a budget built sbc 406 can make very impressive numbers too and make ur 351 say Wtf! And make you 351 get 25mpg too like the 5.3 I posted plus keep the 351 at 9.5 compression!

as for the price being expensive becuz the motor brand new I didn't know cnc port work cost more for one aluminum head vs another! the 4 cam design is what cost you an arm and a leg! Hell I thought the new mustang was soooo cheap as posted by another one of you svtp trolls!

Sorry your soo but hurt abt the FACTS! r u like 12year old boy who go his *** kicked in a wrestling match againt a bigger kid?!? Becuz u sound like it!

U still have failed to enlighten us with ur engine compression ratio knowlegde and the difference in dyno numbers from sae to std.

Face it the LsX is cheaper to mod. Its not our fault gm had a badass design back in 97 and still utilize it today! At least we've established the new ford cry "mines expensive to mod, becuz ur lsx has been an awesome power plant since 97!"
Old 02-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Launching!

come on guys its an V8 american muscle car i used to get wrapped up in ford vs chevy but then i realized as long as its american made it doesn't matter i like both brands, and competition between the two brings better stuff to the market. I mean don't get me wrong GM is still my favorite but ford builds good **** too just differently. Give the ford guys some credit they finally got something they can compete with N/A and to tell you the truth if i had to choose from a New camaro or a new mustang it would be a tough decision for me. i really want a vette but i have a little one so thats kinda outta the question right now, if i could get my hands on a newer CTS-V id be all over that thing but thats in a completely different category and price range.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

F8L let not get involved with 351 discussion becuz a budget built sbc 406 can make very impressive numbers too and make ur 351 say Wtf! And make you 351 get 25mpg too like the 5.3 I posted plus keep the 351 at 9.5 compression!

as for the price being expensive becuz the motor brand new I didn't know cnc port work cost more for one aluminum head vs another! the 4 cam design is what cost you an arm and a leg! Hell I thought the new mustang was soooo cheap as posted by another one of you svtp trolls!

Sorry your soo but hurt abt the FACTS! r u like 12year old boy who go his *** kicked in a wrestling match againt a bigger kid?!? Becuz u sound like it!

U still have failed to enlighten us with ur engine compression ratio knowlegde and the difference in dyno numbers from sae to std.

Face it the LsX is cheaper to mod. Its not our fault gm had a badass design back in 97 and still utilize it today! At least we've established the new ford cry "mines expensive to mod, becuz ur lsx has been an awesome power plant since 97!"
and you sound like a big kid that got his *** handed to him by a smaller kid. i am not trying to convince people of anything, the numbers of the coyote have been posted, people can make up their own mind. but to say your not impressed simply because its a mustang is retarded. pull your headed outta your ***, there are plenty of cool cars out there that ARE NOT GM MADE.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1QWIKZ
i used to be a hardcore mustang fanboy, until the arrival of the LS1. thats when i realized that what i really loved and appreciated was american muscle. you need to accept what the new coyote engine is, a modern day marvel...just like LS1 used to be.
IF your not trying to convince anyone the Coyote is better WTF is this ^^^. And your about as legit as a comic book. Your post are meaningless with No proven point! If we're here to call each other names, and degrade one anothers age, we can go back and forth all DAY! Post something factual to prove the coyotes worth!

Hell there are sooo many variables in just posting a list of mods and zoom in shot of a dyno graph alone to even prove that the 500hp 5.0L is </= a DynoJet 248H SAE 10.7 SCR LS3 against it! You dont have the SCR, You dont have an SAE correction factor, We dont know if the model of the dynomaster nor how it compares to a dynojet, heck you dont even know the smoothing factor, or the gear the car was dynoed in!! (<- This can go on forever!!) I'll say it ONE MORE TIME, for the amount of $$$ put into the Coyote (Regardless of compression ratio, dyno used, etc) its not that impressive N/A compaired to the current LSx. <----This is my opinon and it looks as if a few ppl in this thread and others on this forum agree with me!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...hing-up-4.html

BTW I never said the 5.0L wasnt impressive because it was a Mustang!! (**** I praised the 03/04 Termi) I'm not impressed due to the COST at the 5.0L making 500hp!

Until then, keep up the name calling, its a good sign you've got nothing better to say and i can come up with lots of degrading rebuttals for both you, to help pass some time!

Last edited by 06X6spdGTO; 02-25-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Banned

Wow! What a bunch of retards.

Quick Reply: 2011 GT H/C/I makes 507hp N/A