Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2011 GT H/C/I makes 507hp N/A

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha especially if it is sitting in a fox body coupe!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:35 PM
10 Second Club

R u looking for one like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooUA8...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWLvF5kuNu4&NR=1
Old 02-26-2011, 02:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I love these threads... All the same. Ford guys come in from every direction and call anyone who doesn't like what they posted a "hater." Try to post anything they can (which is usually a bunch of theorys like "it will get the same gas mileage" - without any results yet.) Seriously Ford guys why do you care if one or two LS1tech members are impressed or not? You're on a rival car's forum, do you expect everyone to love this really?
And for the love of god, stop with the peak hp vs displacement argument, thats the most meaningless comparison you can make for street cars. RC car engines make way more hp/l, so are those engines more impressive?
The smaller the displacement the easier it is to make more hp/l, but I can only hope most of you realize that its the torque curve, and weight that matter.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
I love these threads... All the same. Ford guys come in from every direction and call anyone who doesn't like what they posted a "hater." Try to post anything they can (which is usually a bunch of theorys like "it will get the same gas mileage" - without any results yet.) Seriously Ford guys why do you care if one or two LS1tech members are impressed or not? You're on a rival car's forum, do you expect everyone to love this really?
And for the love of god, stop with the peak hp vs displacement argument, thats the most meaningless comparison you can make for street cars. RC car engines make way more hp/l, so are those engines more impressive?
The smaller the displacement the easier it is to make more hp/l, but I can only hope most of you realize that its the torque curve, and weight that matter.
Be Prepared to be FLAMED !!!
LOL

Trust me they'll come from all directions. Then ask you what your car ran in the 1/4, or how much RWHP/TQ your car makes! Anything to avoid the point at hand with some meaningless derogatory remark, containing little to no factual data. Or an off the wall comparison like, "Why did my 5.0L GT beat a 2007 stock TBSS if the Ls Motor is better!!"

Last edited by 06X6spdGTO; 02-26-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This thread is done anyway, might as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAnB6...eature=related

06x, how is john's car so fast w/ only a 4.6, stock heads, stock block, stock crank? It must really burn you that car is faster than any LSx (iirc, prove me wrong)

What happened to this no replacement for displacement? What happened to torque wins races? Dont worry that car will get faster w/ the cam phasing of the new 5.0
Old 02-26-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 06X6spdGTO
Heres my little blown LS2 that has about $7,500 total with Injectors,gaskets, and valve train -labor of course. BTW this was the only PD blower we had for the GTO in 2006/2007!!! The TVS is now for sale so lets not get into the Whipple 2.3 5.0L as you would be comparing apples to oranges! In which case some one would have to post a 2300 TVS LSx with cam! BANG FOR BUCK! Thats what most are about. And I never brought my GTO into this discussion either, YOU GUYS DID!
Sooo the extra ~$2500 (parts total on this GT was around $4.5k-5k) you spent on your GTO got you all of ~25hp more than this GT, with your extra liter of displacement, AND a blower??? And you're still not impressed with it?? I don't think anyone was saying the 5.0 is better than the LS3 is, just that it's a damn good engine (because it is).

Trust me they'll come from all directions. Then ask you what your car ran in the 1/4, or how much RWHP/TQ your car makes! Anything to avoid the point at hand with some meaningless derogatory remark, containing little to no factual data. Or an off the wall comparison like, "Why did my 5.0L GT beat a 2007 stock TBSS if the Ls Motor is better!!"
Ever thought of taking a look in the mirror? I would rather have someone like that, than someone doing that and acting like an annoying *** 16 year old girl at the same time.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by gocartone
Sooo the extra ~$2500 (parts total on this GT was around $4.5k-5k) you spent on your GTO got you all of ~25hp more than this GT, with your extra liter of displacement, AND a blower??? And you're still not impressed with it?? I don't think anyone was saying the 5.0 is better than the LS3 is, just that it's a damn good engine (because it is).

Ever thought of taking a look in the mirror? I would rather have someone like that, than someone doing that and acting like an annoying *** 16 year old girl at the same time.

Bring the H/C/I 5.0L to where i Dyno then and see what its puts down for an apple to apple comparison! If you read the ENTIRE THREAD! I posted the total cost from JPC is about +$6k for you GT 5.0L. And refer to post 24 and 37 as you seem to be another PEAK number reader!

Heres a GTO with a Stg I etmc Cam (One size smaller than Mine) on a different DYNO with the SAME blower/pulley setup i have. (Its a stalled AUTO BTW)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJ8HSB8jyo

So to say im upset that i only made 23 extra Peak horsepower but 100+RWTQ through the entire curve on a complete different DYNO is pretty Lame. Now your looking more into quarrel with me rather then addressing any of the other points i made. The 5.7L's make a better HP/TQ curve dollar for dollar than your 5.0L does and they can still break 500RWHP. If you want a 507hp 418ftlb N/A motor for +$6K. Get it!!!

Ill take a 508hp 430ftlb LS1/2/3/6 LQ4/9 for $4,500 ANY DAY!

since you like ppl that ask needless questions to the thread. Whats your best 1/4mile time a RWHP/RWTQ!! Plz post dyno graphs!
Beings our personal levels of intelligence are now based on what our own personal cars make!

Last edited by 06X6spdGTO; 02-26-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
This thread is done anyway, might as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAnB6...eature=related

06x, how is john's car so fast w/ only a 4.6, stock heads, stock block, stock crank? It must really burn you that car is faster than any LSx (iirc, prove me wrong)

What happened to this no replacement for displacement? What happened to torque wins races? Dont worry that car will get faster w/ the cam phasing of the new 5.0
WOW!! Still no replacement for DISPLACEMENT!! If you want to compare full drag setups in this thread GTFO!
FULL RACE GTO FTMFW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD69Z...eature=channel

Based on your reasoning and expectations of the 5.0L John Force should be swapping out his Funny Car motor any day now!

Last edited by 06X6spdGTO; 02-26-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Banned

Stock cubed gto? I also doubt it is lsx based which is what he was looking for.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:39 PM
10 Second Club

And yeah Torque wins Races!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcspwLxEy3Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3xeUeF8sGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j68Da...eature=related
Old 02-26-2011, 04:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by automach1
stock cubed gto? I also doubt it is lsx based which is what he was looking for.
my point exactly!!! No replacement for displacement!!! Thank you
Old 02-26-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Bring the H/C/I 5.0L to where i Dyno then and see what its puts down for an apple to apple comparison! If you read the ENTIRE THREAD! I posted the total cost from JPC is about +$6k for you GT 5.0L. And refer to post 24 and 37 as you seem to be another PEAK number reader!
The only place I saw $6k mentioned was parts and labor.

So to say im upset that i only made 23 extra Peak horsepower but 100+RWTQ through the entire curve on a complete different DYNO is pretty Lame. Now your looking more into quarrel with me rather then addressing any of the other points i made. The 5.7L's make a better HP/TQ curve dollar for dollar than your 5.0L does and they can still break 500RWHP. If you want a 507hp 418ftlb N/A motor for +$6K. Get it!!!
I don't think ANYONE was arguing that the 5.0>LS motors (I guess your 16 year old brain can't comprehend that); everyone has been talking about how good this motor is on its own. Who cares if it falls a little short of the best hp/$ motors out there, it is still doing a DAMN good job. All that torque isn't going to help as much in a drag race as you seem to think.

Beings our personal levels of intelligence are now based on what our own personal cars make!
I don't think our intelligence levels were ever even hinted at being based on our cars. Writing so poorly it's hard to read, and acting like a 16 year old girl, is really doing a great job at making you look intelligent though.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

This thread is full of fail... From both sides..

Its like arguing Evolution vs. Creationism.. Neither side will ever admit the other is right.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:09 PM
10 Second Club

The only place I saw $6k mentioned was parts and labor.
5.0L Parts List via JPC:
"Coyote" Cams 1,494.00
Heads w/ CNC porting 1,694.00
CAI/Diablo Trinity : 799.99
Bassani exhaust: 509.00
JPC Lt's: 899.99
JPC off-road X: 419.95
Boss 302 intake WITHOUT req Hardware: 529.00

Total WITHOUT LABOR/TUNE $6,348.xx without SHIPPING and GASKETS

https://store.jpcracing.com/checkout.asp?step=1

I don't think ANYONE was arguing that the 5.0>LS motors (I guess your 16 year old brain can't comprehend that); everyone has been talking about how good this motor is on its own. Who cares if it falls a little short of the best hp/$ motors out there, it is still doing a DAMN good job. All that torque isn't going to help as much in a drag race as you seem to think.
REFER to post #96 by 1QuickZ and post #145. for some LSx comparison. Maybe your Einstein like intelligence would care to brighten our day with your knowledge rather than more derogatory claims. As you seemed to find out how Honda's Go Fast without as much TQ earlier in this thread. (And you thought it was MAGIC LOL)

I don't think our intelligence levels were ever even hinted at being based on our cars. Writing so poorly it's hard to read, and acting like a 16 year old girl, is really doing a great job at making you look intelligent though.
So now youve came to patrol the english and grammar side of ls1tech??

You do a great job at flapping your trap with NO VALID argument
Old 02-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LSWONGTO
Some body should post up a H/C/I 600rwhp LS7 thread on SVTP and feel the love
Go ahead! I think you would be surprised at the reaction you would get, 98% of the people on there love c6 vettes and the ls7... Hell many of them have sold their cobra's to buy one

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Its not that we care if a few people agree or disagree... that wasnt the point of me making this thread necessarily. It was because I think it's impressive and I know a lot of people like to know their competition and if they have a love for american muscle would like to see it.

Unfortunately, some people are just close minded and cant get past a simple name that is placed on the front of a car which is what is the annoying part. But that's life and why I dont stopped trying with that guy. You can't fix stupid

But but his car is more impressive because its his car! And the 5.0 is made by Ford so of course its not impressive to him, however, if it were in a camaro he would be impressed. (although I'm sure he will deny that too)

Ill take a 508hp 430ftlb LS1/2/3/6 LQ4/9 for $4,500 ANY DAY!

since you like ppl that ask needless questions to the thread. Whats your best 1/4mile time a RWHP/RWTQ!! Plz post dyno graphs!
News flash guy... You arent important enough for anybody to care about. That 5.0 isnt where you live so quit trying to make that a point! The graph is what it is and im sure its a matter of time before it is at the track and will lay down some good numbers im sure and then I will update this thread for you so you can see a 5.0 that makes less hp and way less tq than your car stomping your 12.6 time or whatever that slow time was you had in your car.

You have a lot to learn about other cars than just ones made by gm and you should keep an open mind to learning about them (kinda like the point of this thread) so you dont wind up looking like a fool when you run across one that you talk **** about and then you get stomped
Old 02-26-2011, 05:36 PM
10 Second Club

My point was F8L. A few of you guys were trying to compare my dyno numbers. So if the graph is what it is. I will change my numbers for ya.

There now im almost 40RWHP more than your 5.0L and about 140FTLBS higher Anywhere in is graph with a homebuilt (NON-SHOP CAR) GTO! On a Dynojet however they compare to dyno dynamics. Now do you see why ppl want to know more about the SAE correct, dyno comparison/ etc..????

As for the track comment i bet your stock 5.0L would look like **** at bandimere compaired to a Stock 2010 LS3 camaro's times at Norwalk or Atco.

didn't say I was soooo important to bring the 5.0L to where I live. Was simply stating a point that your 1/4mile times have no comparison to my 1/4mile times at different a track with a different D/A.

You have a lot to learn about dynos, 1/4mile times, HP vs. TQ, and maybe even some help in the dollar per gain area.

And your FORD will be awesome because you drive one!! I don't think you will find anyone on this forum who likes to be told your car is a POS because it has a blower and my LS7/03 Cobra/Built 5.4L TT GT/572CI BBC/08 TT,NOS,CAMS, Evo/Nuclear flux-capacitor Vespa Scooter/ etc makes more or close to the same power. Im pretty sure 99.8% of ppl would stand up for their ****!

Is 500whp N/A good?? YES. Is 400+ ft/lbs good N/A?? Yes. Is it all worth $6,348.00 in parts ALONE???? Your wallet can decide that!

I will keep mine in the LSx motor for now. As it is very reliable, gets good mileage, and is simple to mod.
I just prefer getting the same out come as you for a cheaper price. Thats ALL. SOOOOO let's get off the "06x's GTO vs ALL 5.0l Mustangs because i never intended that in the first place, others brought it up.

Last edited by 06X6spdGTO; 02-26-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Go ahead! I think you would be surprised at the reaction you would get, 98% of the people on there love c6 vettes and the ls7... Hell many of them have sold their cobra's to buy one

Its not that we care if a few people agree or disagree... that wasnt the point of me making this thread necessarily. It was because I think it's impressive and I know a lot of people like to know their competition and if they have a love for american muscle would like to see it.

Unfortunately, some people are just close minded and cant get past a simple name that is placed on the front of a car which is what is the annoying part. But that's life and why I dont stopped trying with that guy. You can't fix stupid

But but his car is more impressive because its his car! And the 5.0 is made by Ford so of course its not impressive to him, however, if it were in a camaro he would be impressed. (although I'm sure he will deny that too)

News flash guy... You arent important enough for anybody to care about. That 5.0 isnt where you live so quit trying to make that a point! The graph is what it is and im sure its a matter of time before it is at the track and will lay down some good numbers im sure and then I will update this thread for you so you can see a 5.0 that makes less hp and way less tq than your car stomping your 12.6 time or whatever that slow time was you had in your car.

You have a lot to learn about other cars than just ones made by gm and you should keep an open mind to learning about them (kinda like the point of this thread) so you dont wind up looking like a fool when you run across one that you talk **** about and then you get stomped
Old 02-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My point was F8L. A few of you trolls were trying to compare my dyno numbers. So if the graph is what it is. I will change my numbers for ya.

You have a lot to learn about dynos, 1/4mile times, HP vs. TQ, and maybe even some help in the dollar per gain area.
Yep you are right I am a troll... you caught me. And I know plenty about those things trust me. I'm just past the point of arguing anymore because the few of you I'm arguing with are too stubborn and brand loyal
Old 02-26-2011, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

If you know so much about 1/4 miles times then why the hell did you post the new 5.0L would be greater than mine on a completely different TRACK?? If you were well dyno educated whats the reason behind your post about NUMBERS are NUMBERS and this:

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Ricer math FTL... You cant ever compare the price differences with old cars vs new cars two completely different leagues and I hate when people try that

Torque Translates into a win huh? Prove it... Name one time when you go to the track or even roll race for that matter when you are under 3k rpm at the very lowest... Yes torque makes a car feel awesome and gives that SOTP feeling and you really cant beat that but in a race you are at high rpm's the entire time so its not relevant then.

I gave all of the information that I had available, I'm pretty sure it is still stock compression because I doubt the heads were milled or anything of that nature and its stock internals, and most dyno's are corrected these days and the calculations are placed into them before any run is made but there is that possibility that this dyno is rather old, who knows.
I just proved to you that dyno numbers can be tampered with and they do not have to be entered before the run!! And I think many have proved the torque point to you already. Damn you thought heads had to be milled to raise compression too, and the thinner headgasket phenomenon is still out for debate with you. I guess for a 16year old I'm just a little farther ahead of you in that department huh???

Last edited by 06X6spdGTO; 02-26-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW!! Still no replacement for DISPLACEMENT!! If you want to compare full drag setups in this thread GTFO!
FULL RACE GTO FTMFW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD69Z...eature=channel

Based on your reasoning and expectations of the 5.0L John Force should be swapping out his Funny Car motor any day now!
thats got nothing at all to do with it, its not an LSx. try again.

Quick Reply: 2011 GT H/C/I makes 507hp N/A