Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

World's FIRST 8 SECOND GTR - Alpha 12 by AMS Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 12:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default World's FIRST 8 SECOND GTR - Alpha 12 by AMS Performance

We all knew it was just a matter of time, right?

8.9 @ 169 mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igbnf...layer_embedded

Last edited by glhs422; 08-01-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:30 AM
TECH Addict

one word = WOW
Old 07-30-2011, 04:41 AM
Staging Lane

Impressive but with that MPH i would expect it to be knocking on 7's...whats with the 1.6 sixty foot with a fully built 1500hp AWD monster?? My sedan hits 1.5's NA...Best part of the video were the reactions on them dudes faces.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:01 AM
Teching In

FML!!! sweet baby jesus that is movin 169 trap??? Damn dood even before with their 165 mph on pump gas is straight redonklous!! They are all over UG racing!!! Tha Next TK2K12 is gonna be tha 1800hp AWD wars!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:08 AM
9 Second Club

WOW!! That was awesome! The facial expressions of the people at the end was great, just shows the power of the car is insane. Congrats to AMS. Also, it looks like that run was at GLD out in Wisconsin.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
Impressive but with that MPH i would expect it to be knocking on 7's...whats with the 1.6 sixty foot with a fully built 1500hp AWD monster?? My sedan hits 1.5's NA...Best part of the video were the reactions on them dudes faces.

The GT-R in the vid makes 1350whp. 1500hp is the flywheel rating. With that much power on drag radials its really hard to get a 1.6 60'

Most of the guys knocking on 7's with a 169mph trap are on slicks or weigh about 1000lbs less than this car (4000lb raceweight)

We can all make comments about getting better 60' fts in cars that make a fraction of the power but actually build a car like that and see how hard it is to get traction.

Last edited by TheHitman; 07-30-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Wheres the Laundry???
Old 07-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TheHitman
The GT-R in the vid makes 1350whp. 1500hp is the flywheel rating. With that much power on drag radials its really hard to get a 1.6 60'

Most of the guys knocking on 7's with a 169mph trap are on slicks or weigh about 1000lbs less than this car (4000lb raceweight)

We can all make comments about getting better 60' fts in cars that make a fraction of the power but actually build a car like that and see how hard it is to get traction.
Very true...but at the same time i didnt hear or see any wheel spin...to me it seemed like they were taking it easy outta the hole.

Guys running high 7's @ 169 with slicks also only have 2wd...yes its easier the get the power down with a slick vs a dr, BUT id say 4 dr's should equal the traction a pair of slicks provide.

For example look @ this impreza. 880rwhp, quite a bit less but the car weighs quite a bit less also. 8.914 @ 152.830 (nearly 20mph less) with a 1.342 sixty foot.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Subaru-Impr...lip-17353.html

Me personally, I think this car could run bottom 8's and even maybe squeek out a 7 if they were to launch it @ full potential. If they were to get a 1.3 on that pass im sure it woulda been at least an 8.3.

Also ive see built supercharged ZO6's with some serious hp on dr's get 1.2 sixty foots....

Edit: Watched the video again and did hear some very slight chirping of the tires. Nothing too serious tho. I still think they could launch in a bit harder and manage better than a 1.6. What sucks is not being able to heat up all 4 tires.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Very true...but at the same time i didnt hear or see any wheel spin...to me it seemed like they were taking it easy outta the hole.

Guys running high 7's @ 169 with slicks also only have 2wd...yes its easier the get the power down with a slick vs a dr, BUT id say 4 dr's should equal the traction a pair of slicks provide.

For example look @ this impreza. 880rwhp, quite a bit less but the car weighs quite a bit less also. 8.914 @ 152.830 (nearly 20mph less) with a 1.342 sixty foot.

Me personally, I think this car could run bottom 8's and even maybe squeek out a 7 if they were to launch it @ full potential. If they were to get a 1.3 on that pass im sure it woulda been at least an 8.3.

Also ive see built supercharged ZO6's with some serious hp on dr's get 1.2 sixty foots....

Edit: Watched the video again and did hear some very slight chirping of the tires. Nothing too serious tho. I still think they could launch in a bit harder and manage better than a 1.6. What sucks is not being able to heat up all 4 tires.

Maybe this was just a test and tune type situation to make sure the tune was there and they got lucky and hit an 8. They did this on street tires so they obviously weren't trying to run the car 100%. I have no doubt the car can hit 1.2-1.3 60's all day long. They also made a few runs that day, how many cars you know make 165+MPH runs on street tires and drive it home from the track? I'm going to take a guess and say not many.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AWD_Launch
Maybe this was just a test and tune type situation to make sure the tune was there and they got lucky and hit an 8. They did this on street tires so they obviously weren't trying to run the car 100%. I have no doubt the car can hit 1.2-1.3 60's all day long. They also made a few runs that day, how many cars you know make 165+MPH runs on street tires and drive it home from the track? I'm going to take a guess and say not many.
Didnt know it was on street tires...if thats the case it is crazy impressive. And no not too many...lol
Old 07-30-2011, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

Didnt know it was on street tires...if thats the case it is crazy impressive. And no not too many...lol
AMS stated the car was on Drag radials. Getting that car to hook well at that power is overwhelming on the drivetrain, even though its AWD.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sick!
Old 07-31-2011, 03:53 AM

These R35 GTR's are not really what you can call "true AWD" the have a good bit more power bias going to the rear axle than the front and as far as I know its un-adjustable unlike the old GTR's and other AWD racecars... not sure of the total number but its prob in the area of 30/70. I like it the way it is having more bias to the rear keeps the car streetable and help handling alot... remember fella's this is not a drag car it is a street car that makes 9xxawhp on pump gas can can still run a 9sec slip or add race gas and can run 8's on DOT tires.

Switzer has been neck to neck with AMS in the aftermarket development of the GTR's, just a few days ago they set the record at 9.04@161 and they cut a 1.54 60' hazing the car off the line lightly on radials as well. AMS has never really launched the car like they can, I wonder if they are worried about the gearbox or what but I would expect a 1.45-1.50 60' easily attainable with a decent launch.

This AMS GTR is definitely a sub 8.50 car if setup to do so, as it is its running boost by gear its probably not at full power until the 8th mile, I dont think it does bad for a 4000lb 6cyl though.

Typically every .10 in the 60' is worth .3 on the big end, so if it cut a 1.3 and layed down the rubber the rest of the way this could of potentially been a low 8sec pass easily.... the trap is misleading because even though you couldnt hear wheelspin I promise you it was spinning a good bit, and spinning "lengthens" the track and generally causes a car to trap higher but with a slower ET.

Last edited by Stupid4cylTurbo; 07-31-2011 at 03:59 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:48 AM
FormerVendor

glhs422 thanks for posting

The track was not in good condition the night the records were set, so we wanted to make sure to get down the track. The car actually bogged some on the launch, so there is definitely more 60ft / ET left in the setup with a good track and better weather.

it's hard to compare this cars 60ft to other AWD and RWD cars due to suspension, trans setup and weight

AMS actually was out and set the records prior to Switzer, but the video took us some time to put together

original post without video : https://ls1tech.com/forums/15201298-post12.html

AMS appreciates all the positive feedback

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by morpheis80
FML!!! sweet baby jesus that is movin 169 trap??? Damn dood even before with their 165 mph on pump gas is straight redonklous!! They are all over UG racing!!! Tha Next TK2K12 is gonna be tha 1800hp AWD wars!!!!
Sorry wont happen!

Congrats to AMS for making it into the 8's!!!!!

However i still think they have there work cut out for them to play with UGR's lambo.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffJwA...layer_embedded
Old 08-02-2011, 07:22 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GT-R is simply impressive and AMS made it even more so. Congrats to AMS!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:13 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BottleFedZ346
Sorry wont happen!

Congrats to AMS for making it into the 8's!!!!!

However i still think they have there work cut out for them to play with UGR's lambo.....
Thanks

but, I'm not sure why you feel the Lambo is way out of AMS league?? The UGR car is for sure bad a$$, but we do feel the cars would be way off. We might get together with a local UGR car for a nice friendly video soon

Originally Posted by LEO
The GT-R is simply impressive and AMS made it even more so. Congrats to AMS!
Thanks ! AMS appreciates the props

Last edited by Larry @ AMS; 08-02-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very sick build, i know jack **** about AWD but I can only imagine the amount of work it takes to build a car to handle that kind of power.

Very nice AMS.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Larry @ AMS
Thanks

but, I'm not sure why you feel the Lambo is way out of AMS league?? The UGR car is for sure bad a$$, but we do feel the cars would be way off. We might get together with a local UGR car for a nice friendly video soon
Never said it was way outta your league, just saying your 169mph trap on radials vs there 177mph trap on STREET tires should tell you that you still need a bit more power to play.......

Time and time again people have tried to come out and beat the UGR cars, and time and time again they have failed to take them down.....

I would love to see you guys go at it tho!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:07 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Very sick build, i know jack **** about AWD but I can only imagine the amount of work it takes to build a car to handle that kind of power.

Very nice AMS.
yes AWD or FWD and this power is very hard to keep parts together

Originally Posted by BottleFedZ346
Never said it was way outta your league, just saying your 169mph trap on radials vs there 177mph trap on STREET tires should tell you that you still need a bit more power to play.......

Time and time again people have tried to come out and beat the UGR cars, and time and time again they have failed to take them down.....

I would love to see you guys go at it tho!
We are not out to beat UGR cars, but in response to your post we do feel it will be a good race. The cars are both so different and the only real comparable thing here is both make sick HP

win or lose we would have no shame if something ever went down