Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

JDM Accord!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JDM Accord!

I know this is mainly a GM based website, but I went out with a buddy and took some pictures of his car. He's really into his car, and takes EXCELLENT care of it and is very **** about everything. It's a 1997 Accord EX with an F22B1. I'm mainly into domestics but like any kid of car really. Let me know what you guys think!

Old 09-12-2011, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All looks good except the primer hood.

Where you from? not familiar with those lp's
Old 09-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Launching!

It was carbon fiber then it started cracking really bad, now it's chalk board. We write on it all the time haha, and we're from St. Louis, Missouri. Those are just JDM plates he got somewhere. CD5 is the chassis code for his car, like f-body for Camaros and Firebirds IIRC.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:34 AM
10 Second Club

Looks decent not over rice'd (+1 for the hood).
And please hide that plate from him
Old 09-12-2011, 09:38 AM
TECH Regular

Looks like a mid sized family sedan from the 90's with rims and a FUBAR'd hood to me...
Old 09-12-2011, 12:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

not bad...the only thing i dont like is the hood which everyone else already said. Does he have anything done under the hood?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

Looks like a highschool kids first car to me nothing special.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Looks like a mid sized family sedan from the 90's with rims and a FUBAR'd hood to me...
Kinda my thoughts...doesn't do anything for me.

Just looks like a kids car he got from his parents and started messing with.

on a side note "JDM" has got to be the lamest claim to fame in the "How to Own a Honda" handbook.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Resident

At least there are some honda or similar inport cars with out cancer spots and flaking paint... clean car but the hood looks like he rattle caned it
Old 09-12-2011, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

It looks clean, would be nice to see the interior.
I understand the point of having a 'jdm' car, and the 'new fad' is to have a clean car that's not too
flashy and has subtle things done to it that set it apart, including but not limited to JDM parts that are hard to find.
(Like a short run of a certain style of tail lights, or those goofy bike racks )
Not unlike a lot of one-off hot rods that have things removed or added on to set it apart.
(Like tail lights from a completely different car molded in to look factory. Or, continuing a hood seam to a custom dash, and to the trunk - etc.)
Granted, they're not on the same scale to the general public, but it's still the same concept.
I'd rather see some honda's with some creative - but classy - customization than a bunch of f-bodys
running around with the same hockey stripes, berger panels, and TT2's. (no offense to anyone with those mods lol)
But you get my point - you can only see the same mods so many times before you're tired of them.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Not sure what your point is...I can roll through town and see half a dozen white Hondas with spray painted black hoods and aftermarket wheels too.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Launching!

It's just a cai, resonator delete and a Tanabe axle back. He has another F22 built for boost sitting in his garage and awaiting a 5 speed swap. Interior is stock but cleanish for it's age and miles(246xxx) it has one spot of rust I tried to hide. And as far as just a mid sized family car comments, to most that is what it is, but to some Camaros are just mullet mobiles. So it can go both ways lol. Don't get me wrong I'm a diehard F-Body fan but like all kinds of cars.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Launching!

And the hood is rattle canned chalkboard, you can write on it and it comes off. He is replacing it with an OEM white one. I'll add pictures when done. It changes a lot so maybe I'll update this thread if anyone is interested?(highly doubtful but ya never know lol)
Old 09-12-2011, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can see how alot of people find "nothing special" about these cars, but to each their own, I personally like 'Clean' 'JDM enhanced' cars, This accord is super clean, i like the amber corners and the jdm lip and the stance of it, looks taken care of too. My buddy has a JDM enhanced EF hatch with a gsr in it. ill try and find pictures of it.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bestlude
I can see how alot of people find "nothing special" about these cars, but to each their own, I personally like 'Clean' 'JDM enhanced' cars, This accord is super clean, i like the amber corners and the jdm lip and the stance of it, looks taken care of too. My buddy has a JDM enhanced EF hatch with a gsr in it. ill try and find pictures of it.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes a clean import. I wanna see the hatch! Haha
Old 09-12-2011, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

i don't even think japanese people like JDM **** as much as some americans do..

that being said, never been a fan of accords, but clean i guess. Just tell him to throw away that stupid license plate, or move to japan already. Reminds me of being a kid and pretending to be a power ranger nonstop until my parents told me they were all gay.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

either paint the hood (what i would do) or get a cf hood and it would be decent
Old 09-12-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stocker94z
I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes a clean import. I wanna see the hatch! Haha
LOL yeah i like almost everything.. i believe nearly every car fits into a category of what it can pull off. For example i wouldnt put 20"s on my camaro, BUT i would on a newer lexus or caddy, OR I WOULDNT put chrome torque thrusts on an import, but i would on an american car like mine or a classic. JUST an example..

but like i said to each thier own, some dont like anything but american cars and visversa with the import crowd. so i can see how some dont like or get when seeing other styles of modding and 'clean' looks on other types of vehicles

Ill try and get him to send me some pics!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sorry but there's nothing cool about that car.

I love how the word "clean" now means "not fucked up or molested" (to some extent)
I wouldn't say clean at all to a car like that.
Maybe semi-tasteful? Other than the hood.

Props for not being a total ricer with a big *** body kit, some of the JDM stuff looks decent and still OEM, but that car doesn't pull it off.
The *** end of that car looks like garbage, nothing flows.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Launching!

Well I'm glad everyone's being honest.. It's not my car lol. If you say this about this car, I'm scared to see what you guys have to say about my car lol.