this was posted a few months ago, but still a great vid
Old 05-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool vid
Old 05-06-2004, 11:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow. he held em off pretty good...basically made that pd look foolish,being outrun by a 15 yr old and only reason they caught him was cause the car broke down.lol
Old 05-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Chop-Foo Director

Originally Posted by BlackTA
this was posted a few months ago, but still a great vid

Hrm, i don't remember this from a few months ago. Oh well, guess i'll
go punish myself for the repost.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

hhaha, i love how they put the sound of a motor revving up, how many times can that camaro change gears doing 125???
Old 05-06-2004, 01:49 PM
dug
Banned

The cops should have let him go. They could have killed some people.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Supercharged BMW?
350hp LT1 with a chip?

That dumbass cop in the LT1 needs some driving lessons...or at least an LS1.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

The cop in the B4C flat out lost control plain and simple. Then made up a exuse to cover up how bad of a driver he is. I think that cops spinning around and such could have killed a lot of civilians, they should have backed off.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

I think he shouldn't have pulled up beside him. He let his anger overcome himself and thought maybe if he pulled up next to the 15 y/o and yelled at him, the kid might give up.

If I were that cop, I would of kept behind him until my supervisor called the chase off. That stolen car isnt worth innocent lives
Old 05-06-2004, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213
That dumbass cop in the LT1 needs some driving lessons...or at least an LS1.
Unit, play nice....

That cop sounded like a dumbass trying to talk about the LT1....haha.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

Dude that kid owned that cop, what a moron(the kid). Good on the cop for not flippin that Camaro.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

Daaaayum! Dat kids got sum madd racin skillz.

Actually that was pretty funny. He just plain out drove all of 'em and I agree that he would've gotten away had the car not broken down.

I hate that show mainly because of the guy narrating the chases. He ALWAYS blows **** WAAAY out of proportion or just plain lies about the events. Try this next time you see that show. Listen to him for a moment and the excitement of the chase...then turn your volume off and watch the chase. Most of them are pretty boring.

I remember watching that show once and the PO stopped a guy in a truck, when the PO got out and approached the guy, the truck took off leaving the PO running after the truck. The truck was moving pretty quick but the driver decided to try a left turn down a side street and the PO decided to play hero and try to catch him on foot and grab for the door handle.

Well, the PO stumbles and 'bout gets his dumb *** run over as he's falling against the truck. The announcer states that not only is this criminal not going to stop but that he attempts to hit and run over the PO trying to apprehend him. HELLO?

I want a show that shows videos of the ones that got away. The ones where the getaway car slowly pulls out of sight or where the cop rounds the corner to find the vehicle he was chasing has magically disappeared!
Old 05-07-2004, 02:20 AM
Launching!

Oh yah, his car didn't break down. The kid got away and went home. They had his plates so they just picked him up at his house. You'll notice at the end when the car is supposably breaking down, they are just replaying the part where the cop almost rams him.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:44 AM
On The Tree

Default Damn

Damn I just noticed they replayed it slower at the end. Dum**ss show! That kid could drive!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Frontman
They had his plates so they just picked him up at his house. You'll notice at the end when the car is supposably breaking down, they are just replaying the part where the cop almost rams him.
They wouldn't follow him back to HIS house. It was STOLEN! Those dumbasses would've probably tracked it back to the owners house and arrested him.

You're right. That is the same part where the kid slammed on brakes on the cop 'bout hits him. They probably didn't show the part where they caught him IF they did because it would've shown them beating the everloving poop out of him.

Ya know.....probably none of this story is real. It was probably some 30+ y/o determined to not get caught. I just don't think a 15 year old could've kept that car under control. When the cop said 125mph...ain't no way, looking at the speed of other traffic. Plus like was said...there was on aweful lot of gear changing going on for such high speeds.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

They consistently lie on that show. If I see the vid on the news, two weeks later "America's Gayest Chase Video's" will have a different outcome. For instance, anyone remember the mexican that was in the mustang vert that ran from the cops stopped the car and hopped the border fence and just walked back into Mexico? The helo and a few cars could only watch. I saw that vid on three different shows and he got away.

But not on that show! They said he was caught. No video evidence of course.

And how many ******* times can a car make a burning rubber sound in the rocks or grass, and how the **** can you hear it from a helicopter. You can also hear the sirens from the choper too! And every time a suspect car passes a tractor trailer the trucker lays on the horn.

BTW, You can't chip a damn LT1 camaro. You can only flash them.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

how would we know if he got away or not? i bet they BS'ed the part about them catching him. you never see them put this guy in the squad car like all the other videos they have. Bubba couldnt catch him( it was prob a an TPI or LT1 with 400,000 miles on it that was given to the PD because of budget cuts) and almost wrecks so they made up the part about catching him.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<flame suit on> Ok...here we go. Well, I feel a need to comment, even though I'll probably get my *** handed to me. I'm certainly not going to say either way whether or not they should have continued the chase...that's a decision made in the field, based on individual circumstances and dept. policy and the instructions given by those ranking officers of higher pay grade. One thing I will say...in short...is that until you've actually been involved in a Police chase, you have no idea what's involved. Sure, it's easy to sit back and "Monday-morning quarterback"...he should have done this, shouldn't have done that, he's a lousy driver, etc. I've been involved in 2 minor chases (nothing on this scale), and I can tell you that they aren't fun or easy. It took me the better part of 24 hours to come down off of the adrenaline burst. You are thinking about controlling your car, watching out for the public, wondering what the a**hole you are chasing is gonna do next, what's gonna happen when you get him stopped, your location for backup units, etc...Not only do you have to drive and work the siren/horn, but you also have a supervisor on the other end of the radio wanting to know what's going on every second of the event...Operating a radio while chasing a car at high-speed is an adventure in itself. Not to mention the behavior of the other drivers on the road...You would think that emergency lighting and sirens would work wonders, but sometimes they work against you. Inevitably, the other motorist hears the siren...sees the lights in the rear view mirror and does what? Pulls to the right? I wish! Nope, they immediately SLAM on their brakes! Suddenly there's another obstacle in your path. Oh well...before this rant gets out of hand...Just know that there is another side to every story. Thanks for your time...

P.S. The guy narrating is definitely over-dramatic.