Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Coyotah vs ls

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Whats up tech@ws6. Welcome to the **** storm. Lol.

Get good laughs at hihos comments. "well but but my furd is faster than everyone with an OE blower" Lol. Yea well just remember no one in here has a termi swapped fox either. What a *** post from you. Lol.

You so dumb hiho. Guess what more tq & more rpm equals? More horsepower idiot. So as you only believe in tq. Rpm must mean nothing to you as you don't believe in horsepower. If you speak of rpm, with tq, you are speaking of horsepower tard. Duh duh

So if your tq is not calculated. Is it NM or LB/FT? Cause one shows different numbers than the other. Since you must know which one is real & which calculated. Or just tighten the bolt to just before it snaps is your real measurement. Lol.
Good luck, SoFla
I've given up on trying to dumb down what horsepower is for this retard.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
Again saying ALL engines is painting with a broad stroke. Unicorn builds dont count.

But why would you pull an engine that high and risk chain breakage? Is the juice worth the squeeze there?

The fact that the ford guys are ignoring my basic engine challenge does say alot though. I mean its just 1960s tech. Cant hurt right? Im doing it anyway but the lack of interest from the blue oval crowd is pretty telling. Throwing insults seems to be much more interesting it seems.
Nobody is going to buy a coyote out of left field to have a neat contest with you, sorry homie.
Why don't you post that on a mustang site? Despite SRK having a bunch of stang owners, it's still an LS site
That's like me going on corral.net and challenging someone to build an old pushrod 5.0 SBC against me building a SBF.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 244 Likes on 186 Posts

Then just keep up with the internet builds and ifs and buts. Perfect chance for someone with a spare 5.0 etc to test.

Im not on those forums.

So ill just put you down for doubting the 5.0. Got it.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:37 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

ALOT of sbe ls in the 8-10 category. Even 5.3 sbe trucks doin that.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

LS still brings out the Furd feels even in 2019 man just think the LT going to keep that going for another 20yrs lol
Old 03-31-2019, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Good luck, SoFla
You're right snake. It really is pointless.

And to tech@ws6. I just mess with hiho cause he's a horsepower hater. Lol.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:58 PM
7 Second Club

Received 316 Likes on 245 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

No one wants to take me up on my offer though? Dont tell me i spent hours during insomnia time tracking down the perfect program for a set of 862 heads to make them within a few percent of the stock coyote heads and all the cr bore/stroke etc for nothing.
Find a stock coyote ill build this 312 to the same cr, close bore (3.898) and stroke (3.268), and cylinder head flow and see what happens. And that's on a real budget. Not 15k.
I don't have a coyotah, but my 4.6 4V was under 15k to build (intake to pan). You are welcome to slip race it heads up if you want....
Old 03-31-2019, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Then just keep up with the internet builds and ifs and buts. Perfect chance for someone with a spare 5.0 etc to test.

Im not on those forums.

So ill just put you down for doubting the 5.0. Got it.
Did you get your feelings hurt because I pointed out the idiocy of you expecting LS1tech to be crawling with 5.0 lovers?
Old 03-31-2019, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Did you get your feelings hurt because I pointed out the idiocy of you expecting LS1tech to be crawling with 5.0 lovers?
In all fairness at least ls1tech is open to having you guys on here. The brotug forums kick you off for the smallest disagreement.... I mean the 5.0 crew and LS crew seem to be 50/50 lately in srk.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:04 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Feelings hurt? You blue oval guys must be thin skinned. I mean i knew you werent going to being anything but more talk so that was really directed more at everyone else.

And as for the 4.6l under 15k, congrats. Maybe you can keep up with a jy 4.8 now! Yay
Old 03-31-2019, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Ask assin....he's had a few. My aunts has had a few also. No issues.
we've had a few and own one now. if someone hit it for example, we would get another over anything else out there.

my 275hp/300tq @ 4000rpms northstar is everything you could want in a v8.

there is a single issue with the car for people who actually own them and arent googling bullshit..... the window regulator plastic tabs break.

i have fixed ours with stainless high tensile wire and epoxy tying the regulator cable to the bracket. one single issue with the car. we have had no engine problems with any northstars.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Ive had 3 and they all had oil pan leaks and window motors go out. And motor mounts broken. All in all pretty reliable. Water pump, wp belt, and t stat every couple years keeps em working fine.

Dorman does make a northstar intake that fixes the dexcool erosion issue also iirc.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:16 PM
7 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Feelings hurt? You blue oval guys must be thin skinned. I mean i knew you werent going to being anything but more talk so that was really directed more at everyone else.

And as for the 4.6l under 15k, congrats. Maybe you can keep up with a jy 4.8 now! Yay
So, that is a no?

You wanted someone to step up, so here's your chance to man up vs a smaller/older/shittier platform than the coyotah.

No idea why you'd be scared after all you've said .......
Old 03-31-2019, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 480 Likes on 377 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by "MAC"
And yea hio loves to call names when he knows he is wrong and has 0 proof to back his claims. I'd love to see a ls engine turning 8k rpm, that's a 5.L with same bore and stroke as the coyote.
**** yea mac!! Congrats! You won Dumb ************ if the Year only 3months in!

Ws6store......get mac a custom small bore sleeved block ordered up. Forget that ls valves won't open on that bore cause he's goin max effort on this. Keep in mind mac instead of trying to figure out ways to make more power with a ls is trying to figure out how to restrict them......and he owns 3 ls and 0 coyotes. Hence him winning Dumb ************ of the Year a full 9 months early!

Mac is the eternal DMFY champ!

Good luck, SoFla
Tq is all that matters.
Originally Posted by islander033
I don't have a coyotah, but my 4.6 4V was under 15k to build (intake to pan). You are welcome to slip race it heads up if you want....
I don't have 15k in mine either. But neither is making 1700 like that ls. Now if one had to purchase a block and have it sleeved that would be a additional 3k or more alone. You also have to buy the heads and resfresh them if used. It could add up fast.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 03-31-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 480 Likes on 377 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by assasinator
we've had a few and own one now. if someone hit it for example, we would get another over anything else out there.

my 275hp/300tq @ 4000rpms northstar is everything you could want in a v8.

there is a single issue with the car for people who actually own them and arent googling bullshit..... the window regulator plastic tabs break.

i have fixed ours with stainless high tensile wire and epoxy tying the regulator cable to the bracket. one single issue with the car. we have had no engine problems with any northstars.
Lol...I've fixed a couple window regulators like that to.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:22 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by islander033
So, that is a no?

You wanted someone to step up, so here's your chance to man up vs a smaller/older/shittier platform than the coyotah.

No idea why you'd be scared after all you've said .......
If you didnt get the point of the build a useless callout wont help either. I mean seriously do you even realize what this thread is about to begin with? DYNOS. And what am i talking about? DYNOS.
Youre on the internet calling me out when you clearly have no idea what this thread is about. Youre making your own argument out of nothing.

Maybe i touched a nerve when is said 4.8l jy turbo build, but if they beat you its not my fault. I may have sold them parts but i didnt build them or race them. Maybe your inner quarrel is with them.

And racing for pinks? What is this 2005?
Old 03-31-2019, 08:34 PM
7 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

If you didnt get the point of the build a useless callout wont help either. I mean seriously do you even realize what this thread is about to begin with? DYNOS. And what am i talking about? DYNOS.
Youre on the internet calling me out when you clearly have no idea what this thread is about. Youre making your own argument out of nothing.

Maybe i touched a nerve when is said 4.8l jy turbo build, but if they beat you its not my fault. I may have sold them parts but i didnt build them or race them. Maybe your inner quarrel is with them.

And racing for pinks? What is this 2005?
HAHAHA., rage much?

So, you build stuff for dyno events or to try and go fast?

Who said anything about cash or pinks? You brought up a challenge and I offered a challenge. No need to completely melt down ma'am.

I'm starting to think that you don't race, let alone build anything.....wow and LOL
Old 03-31-2019, 08:36 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Slip race would be....

Rage? No. Pity, yes. You post isnt relevant and neither is your build in this context but you did try so hard bless your heart.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:42 PM
7 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Slip race would be....

Rage? No. Pity, yes. You post isnt relevant and neither is your build in this context but you did try so hard bless your heart.
Just say you won't man up to a heads up slip race and only want to dyno race...it's ok ma'am.

PS. I'm impressed that you trigger so easily over a challenge. I'm happy most LS people aren't like you. LOL
Old 03-31-2019, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't the entire point of this comparison is to compare something that actually exhist?