Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Coyotah vs ls

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
My ci thing is from hio wanting a fair NA comparison. And I fully agree with you when it comes to FI that Ford has been killing the ls in that department for decades. It's funny how they used an aftermarket block for the ls but not the coyote. I think its MMR that makes a 400ci billet coyote that has been 5s in the quarter mile. Which means 3k hp + roughly
That billet coyote block costs as much as the entire build allowance. Pretty funny
Old 04-01-2019, 04:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris25
Keep moving the goal post....
Nope just tryn yo come to a common ground is all
Old 04-01-2019, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Am I mistaken the 2013 EMC showed similar cui builds and the SAM Ls was the top dyno pull? Why every brotard fascinated by their magic tech 4v dohc but gotta dumb the ls down even further to small cubes. Ok let's take away 2 cams from 5.0, or hot pour 8 intake and 8 exhaust ports shut? Then is fair right lmao why compare 2 platforms but then try to take away their inherent advantages?
Old 04-01-2019, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

What’s more fair than here’s 15 grand. See who can make more power? That’s the real world for you
Old 04-01-2019, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ford built a 6.2L... Could do 6.2 vs 6.2 and you won't like those results
Ya and it's bore space doesn't qualify as a small block unless we are going spread bore aftermarket, And again budget...
Old 04-01-2019, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
What’s more fair than here’s 15 grand. See who can make more power? That’s the real world for you
Mac no comprehend.......
Old 04-01-2019, 07:05 PM
7 Second Club

Received 316 Likes on 245 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

My ci thing is from hio wanting a fair NA comparison. And I fully agree with you when it comes to FI that Ford has been killing the ls in that department for decades. It's funny how they used an aftermarket block for the ls but not the coyote. I think its MMR that makes a 400ci billet coyote that has been 5s in the quarter mile. Which means 3k hp + roughly
Gottcha!

I agree that NA to NA and even nitrous to nitrous......cubes are king.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by islander033
Gottcha!

I agree that NA to NA and even nitrous to nitrous......cubes are king.
Yup now if we can make the LS ball lickers understand that.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:13 PM
Banned

So an engine platform known to cost at least double to build is handicapped at a small (for the platform) $15k? Yet you and others don't understand that lol. How about this take the budget and shove it. How about we use the exact same part list for both. If L's gets an aftermarket block and forged crank then so does the coyote. Same cam specs etc.... Same blower same everything and then see who can make the most.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

So an engine platform known to cost at least double to build is handicapped at a small (for the platform) $15k? Yet you and others don't understand that lol. How about this take the budget and shove it. How about we use the exact same part list for both. If L's gets an aftermarket block and forged crank then so does the coyote. Same cam specs etc.... Same blower same everything and then see who can make the most.
That's the dumbest **** I've ever heard honestly shows you don't or haven't built many cars BUDGET always plays a part and fact is LS is just cheaper to make fast. You know many people building cars with an unlimited budget?
Old 04-01-2019, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Of course we understand that it takes a lot more money for the coyote to compete. That’s what this test proved. Wtf and lol
Old 04-01-2019, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

It takes a certain level of "special" to pull the victim card in an equal budget dyno shootout.

Last edited by TT427; 04-01-2019 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,400 Posts

Why the same size blower? I'm thinking $15k and do what you want to a Coyote or an LS and then see what happens. It's pointless we already know what will happen! Where talking about two different air pumps and one being bigger than the other.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Who remembers when coyotard was better than LS with boost? Me neither.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I think it would be cool to see a 2 valve pushrod coyote vs LS
Yeah it could be a 400+ cubic inch deal then, like the LS needs. Remember Ford didn't go away from pushrods for the stang because they didn't know how to do it As I've said, LS motors are awesome NA platforms but there is really nothing new or groundbreaking about the architecture. Modern OHV, aluminum block, factory heads flow well, 6 bolt mains, and modern ignition system with COP. They have some strength, too, but they don't do anything other pushrod motors can't.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 480 Likes on 377 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Mac looking like a retard up in here. Snake thinking his sbf is as good as a ls.....jesus some people are dumb. Snake can't even keep up with bolt on ls stuff with his h/c sbf using aftermarket heads.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by islander033
I have to disagree with Mac here.

When FI (terbo or blower) is used, it really has very little to do with cubes, either the motors can take the CFM delivered or it can't.

Hence....... 2JZ and Mod Motor has been faster in the 1/4 than any LS so far, if it was cube dependent then LS would squish both of those platforms without any problems.
This was not a billet block competition dumbass.
Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Wow Islander with an uppercut! 2jz and modular for the win!!

hio-tler right now with his crew like...
How so?
Please watch the vid. Point to the section where the furd was killing the ls. This was such a bad *** whooping it was pathetic. The coyote never stood a chance.....in any kind of thought out ls build it stands no chance vs a ls.
Ford built a 6.2L... Could do 6.2 vs 6.2 and you won't like those results
The chevy 6.2 makes more power than the furd 6.2.

Why don't you sell your gm stuff? You're clearly a closet furd dude just like your a closet ******. You're not a closet dumbass tho.....that's out for erryone to see.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:51 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Personally idk how you get a much more fair comparison than a set budget. I see no room for crying here....but i knew there was gonna be mad tears........makes me

Lets get this straight. The coyote wasn't even close....like not at all. It failed at a point that even a sbe 4.8 woulda survived. Even if the coyote woulda got to 30psi of boost it was still gonna be out powered bigtime.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Personally idk how you get a much more fair comparison than a set budget. I see no room for crying here....but i knew there was gonna be mad tears........makes me

Lets get this straight. The coyote wasn't even close....like not at all. It failed at a point that even a sbe 4.8 woulda survived. Even if the coyote woulda got to 30psi of boost it was still gonna be out powered bigtime.
But it has 4 valves per cyl, But it had 1.25 extra compression. But it has magic Ford fairy dust blown on it with any FI.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Mac looking like a retard up in here. Snake thinking his sbf is as good as a ls.....jesus some people are dumb. Snake can't even keep up with bolt on ls stuff with his h/c sbf using aftermarket heads.
The amount of effort and time invested is what should matter, regardless if it's bolt on **** with FP'd trans and homemade holes in every part with a hockey puck clutch that requires as much maintenance as a boat, or off the shelf heads and cam with used parts surrounding an SBE from 1985. For the time/effort, your cars are disgraceful.

Your *** is chapped because I'm running a motor designed a billion years ago and am running faster than you said I would. Ouch. Humble pie tastes like ****, huh? Apparently H/C is the way to go for reliability because you've fucked up 2 Camaro motors now and 1 termi motor, which all have stock heads and cam. How bad do you suck at cars?