Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

The most Touching video I've ever seen

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 03:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy The most Touching video I've ever seen

I think of hundreds of things to say about this but I just can't seem to type it.
http://206.152.229.13/bobbywarns/Bobby.wmv
Old 01-22-2005, 05:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

absolutely breathtaking. God bless our troops
Old 01-22-2005, 06:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that was posted a while back...i had to watch it again though..that is one amazing video,,, i dont know anyone who could watch that without getting chills.. bless the troops and their families..and damn everyone who bitches and whines about how the troops are'nt doing their job over there and are just wasting their money... they do not make the orders..they just do what the were sworn in to do...so support them or get the hell out of my face and dont talk to me..
Old 01-22-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Richiec77
Who was he and why did his funeral get extra attention? I'm not downplaying him or his actions. I just want to know. I've already been to Both Afganistan and Iraq. I have lost almost 35 friends and the funerals just seem to add up too much. I want to know why this marine was given special attention.

I'm very happy to see the quasi civilian/military funeral. Just military funerals seem so disenchanted.
Yeah, that seemed real disenchanted to me, you heartless bastard. I just almost cried. I'm glad you served, and I'm sorry about your buddies losing their lives in combat, but that was kinda remorseless on your part. His funeral got special attention, I'm guessing, because his friends and family cared enough to make it a public thing to show how much they loved him. I guess thats not fair in your mind.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

Who was he and why did his funeral get extra attention? I'm not downplaying him or his actions. I just want to know. I've already been to Both Afganistan and Iraq. I have lost almost 35 friends and the funerals just seem to add up too much. I want to know why this marine was given special attention.

I'm very happy to see the quasi civilian/military funeral. Just military funerals seem so disenchanted.
Probably just asked to do so by the family or a family friend wanted to do something or maybe even someone at a news station wanted to do something about a local hero.

I don't think it represents Bobby Warn so much as it does all of our troops. When someone dies, they don't just disappear from the earth. Their death affects so many people and so many things. They often leave behind a husband or wife, children, parents, siblings, extended family, even best friends and coworkers. Very sad video.

Thank GOD we, America, have men and women that volunteer for service and are willing to put their lives in danger when called on to do so.

GOD bless Bobby Warn and all our troops!
Old 01-22-2005, 11:58 AM
11 Second Club

I'm in the Military to, but I think the problem is that we don't get to see the other funerals of other soilders. They would be just like this one.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
I'm in the Military to, but I think the problem is that we don't get to see the other funerals of other soilders. They would be just like this one.

I'm not a heartless bastard. I am wondering who is is. Maybe I worded my post wrong and the point didn't come accross right. For the amount of exposure this had I figured he was a "TRUE WAR HERO" (not that chick on TV). I'm still serving and have been for 9 years now. I'm quite lucky myself.

Camaro98z28, Most funerals are no were near this lavish. I've been to too many and have A really good idea.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Launching!

To all the American troops THANK YOU for what you do you are all heros! I solute you all.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Old Drag Racer

I think that video is a tribute to all who have given the ultimate sacrifice. I know I'm a crusty old guy but that video sure had an impact. God speed young Bobby and to all the others that have given the same sacrifice in the name of Democracy and freedom.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:49 AM
11 Second Club

I'm not a heartless bastard. I am wondering who is is. Maybe I worded my post wrong and the point didn't come accross right. For the amount of exposure this had I figured he was a "TRUE WAR HERO" (not that chick on TV). I'm still serving and have been for 9 years now. I'm quite lucky myself.

Camaro98z28, Most funerals are no were near this lavish. I've been to too many and have A really good idea.

I've been in 10 years and going to for as long as I can. I do think of this as a tribute to all that have fallen. I will probably be going to Ballad, Iraq soon but I'm not sure when.

I used to seperate my service from other and I think most do, but after 9/11 I see no difference. we all are over there and all branches are getting killed. These guys are brave and strong. This film about Bobby, was proof.

Semper Fi Bobby
Old 01-23-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your going to ballad, watch out for mortors. And guard duty is no joke. Someone was sleeping at their post and was kidnaped.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
They are similar. Any offpost burials can be either a traditional military funeral, or we also can work closely with a civilian chapel and share the burial rites.

I was in the U.S. Army Honor Guard (The Old Guard) at Arlington National Cemetary for four years. I can't see how a Military Funeral could be "disenchanted" in the slightest. I probably particpated in over 5000 funerals (Full honors, Simple Honors, or otherwise) and each one gave me chills to the very end. It was an honor to provide the most proficient, awe inspiring, and meaningful burials for this nations fallen heros.

We show this by our exceptional attention to detail, our flawless ceremonial tact and movment, all achieved by countless hours in training. We try to be absolutely perfect (and most often times are) for every single soldier reguardless of rank, color, or creed. We do this out of respect for our brothers, the love of duty, and the love of our country.

I cant remember how many times the family of the deceased came to us personaly to thank us for the fine memory we gave them. And to tell us how much it meant to them that the fallen is given the burial of that magnitude, and one that they rightly deserve. If you thought that video was impressive you should see what an entire unit dedicated to burials can do during a Full Honor burial. It would blow you away.

"Disenchanted" is hardly what I would call what we do. I believe that we are the standard that all others should hope to achive in honoring the deceased. Not in military form, but more so, in the proficency and dedication to perfection we attain to symbolize and represent the importance of our fallen comrades.

My $0.02
Old 01-23-2005, 05:32 PM
NKAWTG...N

Very beautiful ceremony if I may say so. Also a very well done video.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

god bless the troops and all the families
Old 01-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

What a funeral. Im gonna end up over in Iraq in the next 6 months..... I just hope america supports what I do over there..
Old 01-23-2005, 09:26 PM
9 Second Club

If your going to ballad, watch out for mortors. And guard duty is no joke. Someone was sleeping at their post and was kidnaped
If you're going to Balad, I'll probably end up taking you there.... I'm currently a loadmaster flying C-5 galaxies out of Travis AFB, CA.... We are usually the transport taking all the cargo in and out of Iraq. In the past year I've been to Baghdad and Balad, Iraq over 20 times... Flying in and out is VERY dangerous but I have the upmost respect for the people that are staying there on the ground. One of the best parts of my job is bringing people back alive that have been over there for a year or more..... The worst part of my job is bringing people in knowing some of them might not come back......

A few months back I had to bring back three transfer cases with bodies of soliders who had died in combat. Terrible to bring them back like that and it was the worst feeling I've ever had being a loadmaster.... But I looked at it like the good thing I was doing was bringing a son or a daughter back to their families.... Or a father back to their children.... God bless anyone that has CHOSEN to serve.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:56 PM
WOT
TECH Apprentice

Thank you Bobby.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If your fighting for freedom, I, for one will support you! as will most others. I have not been blinded. You do everything you can...at all costs... for the future of America and its citizens, and the supportive civilians in Iraq and it will help the world.

Thanks to the troops fighting, and to those military folks supporting the troops from a far. Wonderful ceramony and tribute for a man who gave all. Seeing this makes me proud to be American, and should lay bedrock in the hearts of soldiers, for they know if they perish in battle, they will be respected and remembered for all they gave...and for many, that is everything.
God Bless America and those fighting so hard to keep her safe.

Thank you Bobby.
Originally Posted by Silver Bullet 98
What a funeral. Im gonna end up over in Iraq in the next 6 months..... I just hope america supports what I do over there..
Old 01-25-2005, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 572BBC4thgen
If you're going to Balad, I'll probably end up taking you there.... I'm currently a loadmaster flying C-5 galaxies out of Travis AFB, CA.... We are usually the transport taking all the cargo in and out of Iraq. In the past year I've been to Baghdad and Balad, Iraq over 20 times... Flying in and out is VERY dangerous but I have the upmost respect for the people that are staying there on the ground. One of the best parts of my job is bringing people back alive that have been over there for a year or more..... The worst part of my job is bringing people in knowing some of them might not come back......

A few months back I had to bring back three transfer cases with bodies of soliders who had died in combat. Terrible to bring them back like that and it was the worst feeling I've ever had being a loadmaster.... But I looked at it like the good thing I was doing was bringing a son or a daughter back to their families.... Or a father back to their children.... God bless anyone that has CHOSEN to serve.
I hear you man
Old 01-27-2005, 03:44 AM
Teching In

who cried?.............. 1 here everynight here on the loud speaker outside taps is played.........