Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

The C6 commercial that was banned...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking The C6 commercial that was banned...

This is the one you never saw (well maybe).

Link to C6 commercial

Old 08-14-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Junkie

That is badass, why was it banned?
Old 08-14-2005, 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

Post Dammmm those stiff shirts in Washington - J/K

Originally Posted by Turo
That is badass, why was it banned?

Probably because the little kids were racing and someone thought little kids may take their dad's vette out for a spin...

Well, anywho, something along those lines anyway.

Old 08-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Staging Lane

I remember seeing it on TV alot?
Old 08-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i saw that on tv A LOT for a few weeks then now that i think about it i didnt see it since...great commercial though
Old 08-14-2005, 02:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ActionJack
Probably because the little kids were racing and someone thought little kids may take their dad's vette out for a spin...

Well, anywho, something along those lines anyway.

[bigmotherfuckinrant]
Yup you hit it on the head. And GM pussied out and pulled the ad. Guy Ritchie has got some talent man, and everyone knows Jumpin' Jack Flash. A damn shame that that damn fine ad was pulled. It was one of the coolest GM ads I've seen in a long time. I remember seeing it quite a bit during the Olympics and then reading about how some stupid parents who obviously don't know how to raise their childrend bitched and whined about it being a hazard to kids since as ActionJack stated, they felt children might be inclined to take their parents C6 out for a spin. Hell if I had a 5 year old who could start a 6 speed manual Corvette and get it rolling without stalling it, I'd be one proud parent. ******* ***** *** parents. If you think there is a chance your kid will be stupid enough to gank your Corvette from the garage you're a dumb motherfucking parent as your child obviously doesn't know the difference between fantasy and reality, and how to be responsible and NOT TOUCH **** that doesn't belong to them. That and you're obviously stupid enough to leave the keys where your child can get to them. There's nothing wrong with the ad IMO, but obviously there's something wrong with a few dumbass parents in this country. Perhaps more than a few. Just another way for stupid irresponsible parents trying to pass off the blame to someone else. The reason I was so upset over this crap is because this one of the best GM ads I've seen in a while (and we all know how great GM is advertsing, F-Bodies anyone?). And just when they get it right, a bunch of bitch *** parents go and ruin it. [/bigmotherfuckinrant]
Old 08-14-2005, 06:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
[bigmotherfuckinrant]
Yup you hit it on the head. And GM pussied out and pulled the ad. Guy Ritchie has got some talent man, and everyone knows Jumpin' Jack Flash. A damn shame that that damn fine ad was pulled. It was one of the coolest GM ads I've seen in a long time. I remember seeing it quite a bit during the Olympics and then reading about how some stupid parents who obviously don't know how to raise their childrend bitched and whined about it being a hazard to kids since as ActionJack stated, they felt children might be inclined to take their parents C6 out for a spin. Hell if I had a 5 year old who could start a 6 speed manual Corvette and get it rolling without stalling it, I'd be one proud parent. ******* ***** *** parents. If you think there is a chance your kid will be stupid enough to gank your Corvette from the garage you're a dumb motherfucking parent as your child obviously doesn't know the difference between fantasy and reality, and how to be responsible and NOT TOUCH **** that doesn't belong to them. That and you're obviously stupid enough to leave the keys where your child can get to them. There's nothing wrong with the ad IMO, but obviously there's something wrong with a few dumbass parents in this country. Perhaps more than a few. Just another way for stupid irresponsible parents trying to pass off the blame to someone else. The reason I was so upset over this crap is because this one of the best GM ads I've seen in a while (and we all know how great GM is advertsing, F-Bodies anyone?). And just when they get it right, a bunch of bitch *** parents go and ruin it. [/bigmotherfuckinrant]
You're only 10 years old now.... Take your time with the rant stuff!

No, really!
Old 08-14-2005, 06:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Plan B
You're only 10 years old now.... Take your time with the rant stuff!

No, really!

lol. Hey man I know good marketing when I see it. Guy Ritchie's commercial for the C6 was pure class. A damn shame GM decided to fold and pull it.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Banned

i wish i was the kid in the commercial looks like my kind of fun.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like everything in teh commercial, cept for the kid. Looks retarded behind the wheel. I could care less that he is driving as only the retarded ******* parents go crazy over this ****. And they are the kids that grow up to be a drug dealin ***** to **** mommy off. People suck

John
Old 08-15-2005, 03:08 AM
On The Tree

Don't want your kid driving a real Corvette?
Buy them a power wheels you cheap *****, after all, it's for your wonderful child anyhow right? It's only for the best....
Old 08-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

That was Freakin Awesome!!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:59 PM
NKAWTG...N

Oh man we need to teach that kid a thing or two! He didn't even wave at that other vette!?! WTF! RESPECT THE CORVETTE WAVE! And that chick was winking at him, he needed to turn that fugger around and chase after that!
Old 08-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Teching In

great find i love vetts
Old 08-22-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

C6's dont have keys. lol. (just thought i'd be a smartass)
Old 08-22-2005, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Ive seen that a few times, awesome commercial...too bad the pulled it
Old 08-22-2005, 01:14 AM
TECH Addict

Awesome got to show that one to my pops! He loves the new C6, he's gonna crack up!!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Launching!

I remember hearing the average age for a new Vette owner is 47. Some guy said why do they make these cars with a clutch, we old people don't have the muscle to push it in.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rumblebox
C6's dont have keys. lol. (just thought i'd be a smartass)
theres one in every crowd......j/k