Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

ford gt what?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That Ford GT is nice. I believe thats the first modded one ive seen.
I really cant wait until we get some C6 Z06 guys out doing some impressive stuff like that. Maybe even the next corvette they are coming out with ''rumored LS9 or force induction 600+hp)
Old 02-03-2006, 02:51 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by TRMIN8R
Oh and if you wanna bring money into this, how much was your stock Cobra? Take that much money and buy an LS1 f body for $10-$11k, and you still have about $20 left for mods. That'll put an LS1 f body into the 8's. And you're still stuck with a stock Cobra........
Wrong again champ.. At the time I got my car most Nice LS1's were going for around 18K. My car was just a little more then that, and it's a vert. Well worth the money I'd say..

Pulley = $0 (Mine came on the car from the dealer)
Dyno Tune w/af, new spark plugs, and 180deg thermostat= $400
Install = Included in above price
Total = $400

LS1 cam shaft = $399 (I sold my stock LS6 for $225 if you want I got some magic beans too)
Manley springs, titanium retainers & MTI hardened push rods = $375
Custom PCM programming for '98-'02 LS1 F-Body = $500
Install = $0
Total = $1,274.00

All prices are from MTI's website you can find them HERE!

Thank you have a nice day..

Last edited by _Zac; 02-03-2006 at 02:57 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:01 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by 02ZOh6
You could of got your Z in the 11's with a set of tires and some good air. Some guys don't even need the tires.
I tried that the clutch blew up...

The Cobras stock unit went for just shy of 50,000 miles and even then it was still not near as bad as the vettes was.. Not that I didn't love the Vette I still plan on returning to a Z06 once I'm out of school.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by _Zac
Wrong again champ.. At the time I got my car most Nice LS1's were going for around 18K. My car was just a little more then that, and it's a vert. Well worth the money I'd say..

Total = $400

LS1 cam shaft = $399 (I sold my stock LS6 for $225 if you want I got some magic beans too)
Install = $0
Total = $1,274.00

18k+1,274.00= 19,274
now just like TRMIN8R im not a mathmatician but that is still cheaper than ur cobra
Old 02-03-2006, 10:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

I tried that the clutch blew up...

The Cobras stock unit went for just shy of 50,000 miles and even then it was still not near as bad as the vettes was.. Not that I didn't love the Vette I still plan on returning to a Z06 once I'm out of school.
Yes, it seems you have to know how to finesse them off the line. Maybe the guy before you really pimped it (were u 1rst owner?). For the Z06, the clutch is the weak link, and the Cobra the rear end. Pick your poison I guess. Both great cars and intended for different purposes.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:29 AM
9 Second Club

Total = $400

Install = $0
Total = $1,274.00

So how much is "a little more"? There is no way you got an '03 Cobra "back when a nice LS1 was 18k" for less than $28k. And who in the hell did you pay $500 to tune your LS1 PCM? You my friend, are an idiot. I got my car tuned for $150, I hope you took the vasalene with you. No matter how you look at it, the LS1 f body is just more bang for your buck. I hope those magic beans of yours give you some traction, cause there's no way your pullied "vert" will get in the 11's without some sticky tires. And that's gonna cost you more .
Old 02-03-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

So how much is "a little more"? There is no way you got an '03 Cobra "back when a nice LS1 was 18k" for less than $28k. And who in the hell did you pay $500 to tune your LS1 PCM? You my friend, are an idiot. I got my car tuned for $150, I hope you took the vasalene with you. No matter how you look at it, the LS1 f body is just more bang for your buck. I hope those magic beans of yours give you some traction, cause there's no way your pullied "vert" will get in the 11's without some sticky tires. And that's gonna cost you more .
Old 02-03-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Pimp

Yeah I did get it for less, but I'm sure you could do even better since you get your cams for less than half the price everyone else gets them for, and your car gets tuned by billy bob at the midas for $150..

P.S. For you and the rest of the non-reading asses out there that missed it I GOT ALL THE PRICES FROM http://www.motorsporttech.com

Originally Posted by Black98Z28
18k+1,274.00= 19,274
now just like TRMIN8R im not a mathmatician but that is still cheaper than ur cobra
You obviously aren't much of a reader either, considering I said "I got my car in the 11's for less then you can get a cam installed for", not "I got my car for less than you can pick up some **** box and put a cam in it for"... Your boyfriend TRMIN8R was the one that came with that ricer *** "your car cost more total" arguement. Darwinism at it's best..

Originally Posted by 02ZOh6
Yes, it seems you have to know how to finesse them off the line. Maybe the guy before you really pimped it (were u 1rst owner?). For the Z06, the clutch is the weak link, and the Cobra the rear end. Pick your poison I guess. Both great cars and intended for different purposes.
I went 12.3@116 in the Z06 bone stock. The car had about 30K on it when the clutch went due to the massive BFG drags and the 4500rpm launch attempt. The car was camed at that point so basically the stock clutch's days were numbered.

Cheers,
_Zac
Old 02-03-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I went 12.3@116 in the Z06 bone stock. The car had about 30K on it when the clutch went due to the massive BFG drags and the 4500rpm launch attempt. The car was camed at that point so basically the stock clutch's days were numbered.

Cheers,
_Zac
You're not the only one. Nittos ate my stock clutch too!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:51 PM
TECH Pimp

Yeah first trip to the track with the BFG's, and I thought I could get away with it..

Oh no... I dumped the clutch, the tires hooked, and the car banged the revlimiter about 30 feet out.. RIP LS6 clutch..

The Stangs stock clutch was a champ!!! In fact I wouldn't even have took it out just yet, but I had the tranny out so I figured might as well, and the car has had drags on it for over 30K miles and several trips to the track. Needless to say I was very impressed..

Oh and I forgot to say I have a Solid in my Cobra so the IRS breaking on me isn't an issue.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Teching In

Cant u Two see Whats going on Here !!! Cant U two see ur in Love !!!
Old 02-04-2006, 12:12 AM
TECH Pimp

That was the most random **** I think I have ever read on a board period..

And yes I have torque..
Old 02-04-2006, 12:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Camaro Junkie
Cant u Two see Whats going on Here !!! Cant U two see ur in Love !!!
No need to hate on the Ford guys. Haven't we all had Mustangs? Hell I still have one.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:03 AM
9 Second Club

Yeah I did get it for less, but I'm sure you could do even better since you get your cams for less than half the price everyone else gets them for, and your car gets tuned by billy bob at the midas for $150..

P.S. For you and the rest of the non-reading asses out there that missed it I GOT ALL THE PRICES FROM http://www.motorsporttech.com

You obviously aren't much of a reader either, considering I said "I got my car in the 11's for less then you can get a cam installed for", not "I got my car for less than you can pick up some **** box and put a cam in it for"... Your boyfriend TRMIN8R was the one that came with that ricer *** "your car cost more total" arguement. Darwinism at it's best..

Cheers,
_Zac
How many camS did your LS1 have?????? Mine only has one.
Well, since you seem to know it all, I got my car tuned at Texas Speed & Performance. Not Billy Bob (your redneck dad). Here's the link for the tuning..... http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...mid=79&catid=4
:insert foot in mouth:

It's too bad you can't bring your "11 second" Cobra of doom to Albuquerque.....you could star in my next video. I'd love to mop up the street with that turd of yours.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, since you seem to know it all, I got my car tuned at Texas Speed & Performance. Not Billy Bob (your redneck dad). Here's the link for the tuning..... http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...mid=79&catid=4

It's too bad you can't bring your "11 second" Cobra of doom to Albuquerque.....you could star in my next video. I'd love to mop up the street with that turd of yours.
omg lol im so fgucking shitfaced right now man....i could careless how much u got ur unicorn into the 11's, my grandma runs 11's in her biscuit *** old *** wheel chair, sad mansad...bring ur scorpion or whatever to abq and see if it runs 11's aaahahaha i test drove a yellow 03 cobra a few days ago and d i rubed my ballsweat allover the shifter just for u my friend...car was fun though, but u my friend are not fun.....................fawk bacardi is good....mmmmmm...stock 03 cobras run high 13's here in abq, ah **** forgot they do worse here than na cars fawk me....
Old 02-04-2006, 02:13 PM
9 Second Club

omg lol im so fgucking shitfaced right now man....i could careless how much u got ur unicorn into the 11's, my grandma runs 11's in her biscuit *** old *** wheel chair, sad mansad...bring ur scorpion or whatever to abq and see if it runs 11's aaahahaha i test drove a yellow 03 cobra a few days ago and d i rubed my ballsweat allover the shifter just for u my friend...car was fun though, but u my friend are not fun.....................fawk bacardi is good....mmmmmm...stock 03 cobras run high 13's here in abq, ah **** forgot they do worse here than na cars fawk me....

Old 02-05-2006, 04:32 AM
TECH Pimp

"CAMS" Yes as in the many that you buy not the amount in your car you toolbag. You must have been made fun of a lot in College, what with being the only guy in the 3rd grade reading class at age 20, and I can see you haven’t made much progress since then. From here on out I'll use small mindless words so not to trip you up into looking like an even bigger jackass. That could mind you be hard anyway seeing you already admitted that you got your 200 shot LS1 tuned by someone that has never seen the car. BOOM..

Also I'll have to say no to staring your next video I don't swing that way big guy, but if you hurry Black98Z28 might still be lit enough to "help you out" with that..

Lastly, please by all means keep talking anyone that knows **** about LS1's is currently shaking their head at you thanking god that you have yet to reproduce. You want me to go race you in NM?? Get off your lazy *** and come race me here in Houston. I'll even find you some ET streets, so you can have an excuse to stop being a broke *** and buy a 12 bolt.

Cheers,
_Zac
Old 02-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ok i will, ill bring the 67 with me, should be done here soon just picked up the 555 big block and the 2 speed glide
Perfect. We run on the street so I'll have the advantage.

Last edited by unit213; 02-05-2006 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd love to. You think you'd win? Just curious. My car will make on the blower
what yours does on nitrous...then I spray it. 750+ ft-lbs at 3,000rpm helps
get her out of the whole a little too. No going from a roll either.
I wonder if you can out-launch a solid axle Cobra on a tire. Aren't you still
running that bullshit 10 bolt? My car weighs 3,500lbs so it's not light, but it's
not as fat as most Cobras.

Some of you guys must be very poor considering you're always crying about
the price of a vehicle. You should find another hobby if you can't afford it.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

keeping things friendly is why i like it here.