I believe it was a 90's plus MR2
Old 01-25-2006, 06:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it was a mr2 and looks like the windsheild broke lol
Old 01-25-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Junkie

where were the other 7 cars in the original plan...

i bet they got away, funny that they didnt have any cops right there.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

I agree, bikes had nothing to worry about. Pop a curb, take it up to 6th and no worries. Feel sorry for the kitted ricers that can't even get over a speed bump. That has to suck.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yep, it's south philly. IF you have half a brain, you don't go down there. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy too many retards out driving AND RACING (drinking and doing drugs, etc.). If you go down there, you deserve to get a ticket for being retarded.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Mid
On The Tree

Originally Posted by delinquent543
y not just take the ticket and fight it in court... i gaurentee all the tickets they wrote that night were dropped in court with the fact that there is no way to prove who exactly was racing..
hmm, i dont know. I've heard stories where the judge automatically favors the cop, even if he lies about it.

at the "justice" system
Old 01-25-2006, 07:49 PM
Banned

I dont think it would be too easy getting out of the ticket...the cops obviouly went through alot of trouble to have that many cop cars and a helicopter just to have a judge toss the ticket out. JMO
Old 01-25-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mid117
hmm, i dont know. I've heard stories where the judge automatically favors the cop, even if he lies about it.

at the "justice" system
ever been to a court?? I didn't think so.

I gaurentee just about ALL of those street racing tickets got dropped.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NIFTON6L
I dont think it would be too easy getting out of the ticket...the cops obviouly went through alot of trouble to have that many cop cars and a helicopter just to have a judge toss the ticket out. JMO

It's more of a scare tactic, and they have been doing it for the past couple of years now. If you go to court, it either gets dropped, or lowered to a really stupid fine (don't remember what).
Old 01-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Mid
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ITSTOCK
ever been to a court?? I didn't think so.

I gaurentee just about ALL of those street racing tickets got dropped.
maybe its different over there
Old 01-25-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Its usually a bad idea to target a huge group of people like that. Thats the kind of thing where everyone pools together a couple hundred bucks and files suit against the department for some mistake that they're bound to of made.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

Good job cops!!! They did their job on making the street safer by taking down these idiots who race on the street and endanger everyone else who just want's to get home. Street racing is illegal, dangerous, selfish, stupid, and just plain dumb. All street racers should get what they deserve.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Of course the judge is going to take the word of a sworn officer instead of some guy of the street. This is why it's called law enforcement.

When it's a sting such as that one it has been planned, it's not a random traffic stop. There are usually no ways out of it in court unless the judge feels like dropping the charges or reducing them.

I assure you in Chicago street racing tickets (cited as drag racing or reckless driving) are never dropped. You'll need a good lawyer and come to court dressed in your Sundays best. Then it'll be brought down to speeding or driving too fast for conditions. Much better than losing your license for a minimum of six months.

And yes, a speeding ticket is a lot cheaper than one for drag racing. The lawyer isn't.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

I have never seen anything so orchestrated like that.....I wonder if that guy actually got away or if he does get chased down.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

For what its worth, that was not entrapment. Entrapment involves an officer persuading, or coercing you into doing something illegal. They were doing that **** on their own.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01sloWs6
I have never seen anything so orchestrated like that.....I wonder if that guy actually got away or if he does get chased down.
I'm sure one of the cop cars had a camera rolling and caught the plate. They probably picked his *** up at home the next day.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Board Certified Idiot

I go to philly all the time. actualy this friday ill be there if the weather is good. But the only roads PPl race On with that many ppl are nothing to the apperace of that on the tape . And i cant rember the last time something went down like that There. Crime rate there is to much for the police to worry about that crap Nore do they have enough POPO. To do that Any longer. Maybe the person who posted the tape can chime iN
Old 01-26-2006, 02:36 AM
Teching In

I think that was an MR2 but still I dont see how they got over the curb, and I'm surprised the cops didn't chase them down. Wasn't there a helicopter? I bet they all got caught. I have been trapped in for 3 hours or so and all they were handing out were fix it tickets, because if they didn't catch you racing they have nothing.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:32 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys, it looks like Front Street or Packer Ave. down by the stadiums.

I can tell you that the people who got spectator fines/tickets weren't going to get out of it in court. Fact is, you were participating in an illegal event as a spectator. It's no different then getting busted at an illegal gambling hall or dog fighting etc. If you are there, you are guilty PERIOD. It's because of the idiots standing on the sides of the road, blocking traffic, drinking, smoking pot etc that it is such a nussance to the area and is what forced police to crack down like they did.

As to the 'A' team that made the dramatic escape, did they forget about the helicopter or the fact that philly has motorcycle cops?

I used to work for Sunoco as a chemist and had to go to the refineries, pump stations, tank facilities any time they had problems and test the product, which included all hours of the day. I got caught in one of the 'busts' on 64th and Passyunk but its because I was trying to get into the refinery. I was in my Nomex fire suit at the time, in my company vehicle which huuge Sunoco decals all over it. Needless to say I didn't get ticketed. But everyone else did.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep...good ol south philly, thats front street...back in the day i was caught in a few of those. spectacting ticket, got found guilty in traffic court or should i say "drag racing" court than appealed it and went to common pleas court and had it dropped to a lesser offense with no point and no suspensions...however, i only got that cause my girl was in the car and i claimed we were on the way home from a night of clubin on delaware ave.. it worked. everyone else that was there for drag racing tickets got the book thrown at it...3 points, 6 month suspension, $296 bucks. back than they were takin it very serisously but now since we have a new police commisioner they are more concerned with other things and arent as strict. i havent been back down to philly in about 3 years but i havent heard of any bust lately.

on that same street when we got blocked in one time someone actually cut the fence down on the one side and we made a dring escape onto the other street...by the time cops figured out what was going on, 20-25 cars had snuck away. ahhh the good old days..lol