Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

07 Z06 vs 07 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, this thread is a definate joke. The Z beats the porsche, costs half and IS the better car...end of story, i cant understand how much more bullshit and moronic comments this thread can take, its bursting at the side with manure! And Zac if your buddy isnt pleased with his purchase, tell him to sell it to someone that will actually appreciate it, even tho its more than likely BS
Old 02-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread has definitely become a joke...I belong to other car enthusiast communities who have tools set up to protect their users from the kind of hijack that has occurred on this thread. If a user consistently has nothing to post other than insults, argumentative babble, and off topic boasting, then we should be able to block that users comments from all future multimedia exchange posts. I have been a forum member here for a few years and there are certain members who consistently hijack posts to spew out the same tired pablum. All they want to do is instigate an argument so that they can tell you how fast their car goes, how long they have been a member of LS1, how their friend has a car that does this or that and why everyone else's opinion is bullshit. I think some people are attempting to compensate for their own personal inadequacies. Give the rest of us who appreciate talking about fast cars more than ourselves on LS1 the option of a bullshit censor and let us block these losers out!
Old 02-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by _Zac
You really are a clown kid... I'm not on ANY mustang sites so there goes your SVT bullshit. Last I checked I've been here twice as long as you and have built faster and nicer LS1's. Don't talk **** you can't back up. Also if by "all these people disagreeing with me" you mean you, and your boyfriend here then yes you are right there are many of you, and by many of you, I mean two.. If by now you don't know SWDR is a joke I feel even worse for you and you family then ever before.
WOW you have been here twice as long and the thing is that everyone has been hearing your bs for that long Well im done with this thread. By the way im no kid! Im old enough to know better that your here just to start **** with others. I hope a moderator actually does some cleaning up on these forums with some of the trolls aka Zac! This is starting to get out of hand with alot of people that come on here with nothing better or anything to give to this site but insult others and think there **** doesnt stink and that they have done it all.

Last edited by 2001z; 02-11-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SCRex0472
This thread has definitely become a joke...I belong to other car enthusiast communities who have tools set up to protect their users from the kind of hijack that has occurred on this thread. If a user consistently has nothing to post other than insults, argumentative babble, and off topic boasting, then we should be able to block that users comments from all future multimedia exchange posts. I have been a forum member here for a few years and there are certain members who consistently hijack posts to spew out the same tired pablum. All they want to do is instigate an argument so that they can tell you how fast their car goes, how long they have been a member of LS1, how their friend has a car that does this or that and why everyone else's opinion is bullshit. I think some people are attempting to compensate for their own personal inadequacies. Give the rest of us who appreciate talking about fast cars more than ourselves on LS1 the option of a bullshit censor and let us block these losers out!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Banned

Old 02-11-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Talking

Originally Posted by 1320FEVER
Old 02-12-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by SCRex0472
You Joined this site just to for this thread? hahaha I bet you are one of the toolbags I just got done wrecking. I know the mods and the Owner of this site so get used to being belittled cause with comments like the ones above I see you getting made fun of on a regualar bassis much like your other SN's on here.

Please drive thru..
Old 02-12-2007, 12:24 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by 2001z
WOW you have been here twice as long and the thing is that everyone has been hearing your bs for that long Well im done with this thread. By the way im no kid! Im old enough to know better that your here just to start **** with others. I hope a moderator actually does some cleaning up on these forums with some of the trolls aka Zac! This is starting to get out of hand with alot of people that come on here with nothing better or anything to give to this site but insult others and think there **** doesnt stink and that they have done it all.
start ****? saying i'd take the porsche over the vette is starting ****? No where in here have i said the vette was garbage yet you bumpkins are having a hay day with the other car in question.. I'm honestly glad you are done with this thread my nuts are getting sore from you and your boyfriends swinging from them..
Old 02-12-2007, 12:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i gather from this thread:

1. a moot point, the Z06 is:

A: more bang for the buck

B: faster

C: has a less than superior interior compared to the 911 which:

a. has a less than superior interior compared to a Bently, which brings me back to A

2. a dick waving contest

3. one member (_Zac) who has sand in his vagina because of subject outlined in topic 1, section A,B, and C.

why cant it be accepted that there is a car that is faster than a certain porsche? grant it doesnt have as many cupholders as a porsche, but that fact is moot when i go looking for a sports car.
it all boils down too you (_Zac) are pissed because the 'Vette is faster than the 911, and the only argument you can come up with is that the interior is nicer and its an all-around more refined car. which it damn well better be for double the price. but its still slower so guess which car gets my vote? i would definately sacrafice 100 percent genuine leather seating, real mahoghny (sp?) wood trim and 65 heated, lighted cupholders for an extra tenth in the 1/4 and 1.5 seconds off my lap time.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

I like how in his own mind he is "wrecking" us, when he continues to dodge my, and others legitimate arguments.

Come on man, if youre going to claim victory, at least ATTEMPT to make an intelligent convo out of what we are shooting back at you. I STILL have yet to have you answer my question....
Old 02-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Banned

Entertainment at its finest. The internet never fails to deliver.

I'll take the Z06. Reason is its hands down the best value and still outperforms the 911 in both straightline AND cornering.

The thing that really bothers me about the 911 is its the same lame body style as it was 40 years ago. When are they ever going to change it?!!?!!

The 911 turbo is 120k new. If I were to spend that much money on a car, chances are I could cough up an extra 50k and get the Ferrari F430. Much much nicer car IMO X 1000.

Everyone has their own tastes, and the 911 is a nice car. But honestly, would be my last choice between the Vette, Ferrari, and Porsche
Old 02-12-2007, 11:02 AM
11 Second Club

He clearly wrecked us by saying nothing of substance in his last 10 post. And not to mention how much more e-cred he has than us.
What a joke.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by bww3588
i gather from this thread:

1. a moot point, the Z06 is:

A: more bang for the buck

B: faster

C: has a less than superior interior compared to the 911 which:

a. has a less than superior interior compared to a Bently, which brings me back to A

2. a dick waving contest

3. one member (_Zac) who has sand in his vagina because of subject outlined in topic 1, section A,B, and C.

why cant it be accepted that there is a car that is faster than a certain porsche? grant it doesnt have as many cupholders as a porsche, but that fact is moot when i go looking for a sports car.
it all boils down too you (_Zac) are pissed because the 'Vette is faster than the 911, and the only argument you can come up with is that the interior is nicer and its an all-around more refined car. which it damn well better be for double the price. but its still slower so guess which car gets my vote? i would definately sacrafice 100 percent genuine leather seating, real mahoghny (sp?) wood trim and 65 heated, lighted cupholders for an extra tenth in the 1/4 and 1.5 seconds off my lap time.
No see I said I'd take the 911 for it being a nicer car. These youngsters disagreed that it was a better built car and since then have done nothing but bitch and cry about my Mustang (like it matters what I currently drag race with). To me this is the internet, I don't take any of this serious knowing these people wouldn't behave like this in person. I think it's a joke, and have been laughing this whole weekend at how Butt hurt these kids have gotten over it. They want to E-ninja talk me to death so bad they have all their E-buddies in here defending something that isn't true. Sad thing is I know half of them have sat back and said "damn his opinion that the 911 is a nicer does have some serious validity." But in the end this thread has given me one more reason to help the struggling kids at my work. That way in 10 years everyone will have reading comprehension, not just people with brains. Now go ahead and tell me more about why I'm wrong because I own a Mustang, or that other argument about why the vette is nicer because it's faster that's a cute one too.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:06 PM
10 Second Club

If you have 120K to spend and choose the Porsche that's fine, I just wouldn't call you a performance enthusiast.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

No see I said I'd take the 911 for it being a nicer car. These youngsters disagreed that it was a better built car and since then have done nothing but bitch and cry about my Mustang (like it matters what I currently drag race with). To me this is the internet, I don't take any of this serious knowing these people wouldn't behave like this in person. I think it's a joke, and have been laughing this whole weekend at how Butt hurt these kids have gotten over it. They want to E-ninja talk me to death so bad they have all their E-buddies in here defending something that isn't true. Sad thing is I know half of them have sat back and said "damn his opinion that the 911 is a nicer does have some serious validity." But in the end this thread has given me one more reason to help the struggling kids at my work. That way in 10 years everyone will have reading comprehension, not just people with brains. Now go ahead and tell me more about why I'm wrong because I own a Mustang, or that other argument about why the vette is nicer because it's faster that's a cute one too.

I have been presenting you with a valid argument from my first response, yet you have still failed to acknowledge it due to the fact you know I am correct.

And I'm not asshurt at all, i just enjoy a good argument. At the end of the day, i still rock an LS460L, and a car thats quite a bit faster than yours. Not feeling bad over here!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by VENGEANCE
I have been presenting you with a valid argument from my first response, yet you have still failed to acknowledge it due to the fact you know I am correct.

And I'm not asshurt at all, i just enjoy a good argument. At the end of the day, i still rock an LS460L, and a car thats quite a bit faster than yours. Not feeling bad over here!
You are right the Vette is faster everyone knows that. A fact I have supported since the start of this thread, but as far as saying it's a better, or nicer car. I'd be blatantly full of **** to say that.

Also, what exactly does my car run? I only ask because you seem so sure yours is faster?
Old 02-12-2007, 02:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You are right the Vette is faster everyone knows that. A fact I have supported since the start of this thread, but as far as saying it's a better, or nicer car. I'd be blatantly full of **** to say that.

Also, what exactly does my car run? I only ask because you seem so sure yours is faster?
better or nicer is an opinionated statment. what defines nice by my standards is different from what other people define them. i think a nice car is a cost worthy, all around good car. i.e. it is comfortable, powreful and stylish, for what i want to pay for it. what you are failing to realize here is the Z06 is a 65k nice car and the 911 is a 120k nice car.you get what you pay for. the reason a Z06 isint as nice as the 911 is because its cheaper. if the Z06 was the same price as the 911, then your argument of it being sub-par to the 911 would be valid.

BTW, that 100 percent genuine leather, and real mahogany wood trim isint as light as plastic and simulated leather, so it looks like Porsche is sacraficing performance for comfort. why? because they are trying to sell to snot nosed, posh douchebags who are going through a mid-life crisis and want to overcompensate for a small ***** size. "ohh look, i drive a Porsche. its 60k more than your Z06 and slightly slower, but i have heated cupholders and an ancient tree holding my dash together."
Old 02-12-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats not what i was referring to. i was referring to the fact you mentioned that us "camaro and 305" owners dont know what nice **** is.

Im willing to bet it is. Am i wrong?

.............didnt think so
Old 02-12-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Alright, I'm enjoying the thread arguments so far but I need to step in for just one post (kinda like a ref ).

If anybody thinks the majority of people in this country are walking out of Porsche Dealerships 1 997TT heavier and just $120K poorer you're smoking crack . . . a lot of it

Out the door no less than $135K-150K

Also, someone made a VERY misinformed statement about a Ferrari F430 being JUST $170K

You can't even get a nice USED 2004 F360 for $170K out the door

An F430 will set you back $250K-325K.

Even though I wish to remain unbiased, I know this will only fuel the price comparison arguers in favor of the Vette but I had to correct some GROSSLY under-estimated price opinions in this thread

Most people equally know that 99% of brand new C6 ZO6's go for $10K-20K over sticker as well; just to be fair

EDIT: also wanted to comment on the "sell 2 houses . . . at RUF" post to make a Porsche quick. People only use Ruf for the name . . . and if you wanna get butt-raped by the bill

There ARE other tuning companies with FAR better prices to upgrade 911TT'S. For less than $10K one could have 600AWHP in their 996 from a VERY reputable company based in America Not exactly the price of 2 houses

Ding! Ding! Back to the thread

Last edited by The Dragon; 02-12-2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I already said what both owners paid for their cars, thats a moot point.