Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

02 SS vs. 04 Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
fact is these two cars are evenly matched and neither is hitting 12s STOCK.

still im waiting for an a4 ls1 fbody comparison response.
Machs have been 12s stock. Whether you want to accept it or not, it's happened.

Machs can get their good times since they have excellent gearing and they're easy to launch.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Teching In

still im waiting for an a4 ls1 fbody comparison response.
Stock for stock, there is no comparison if the Mach is an M5. What makes you think that they're even close?

Also, looking at your mods, looks like you have a LOT done just to run a 12.4... M5 Machs are doing a lot better than that with a lot less...

Not that I can say much since a ton of Mach's are doing better than I've done with a lot less.

Last edited by 04azuremach; 05-01-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
I see how it is. your just angry you havnt hit 11's yet

yes, thats it. great argument you win.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 560SL
Machs have been 12s stock. Whether you want to accept it or not, it's happened.

Machs can get their good times since they have excellent gearing and they're easy to launch.

ok.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 04azuremach
Stock for stock, there is no comparison if the Mach is an M5. What makes you think that they're even close?

Also, looking at your mods, looks like you have a LOT done just to run a 12.4... M5 Machs are doing a lot better than that with a lot less...

Not that I can say much since a ton of Mach's are doing better than I've done with a lot less.
how is it no comparison? why do you think it isnt close? what do you think a4s run stock? they make more power and have similar weight and trap similarly.

theres tons of ls1s running better than mine too.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Teching In

how is it no comparison? why do you think it isnt close? what do you think a4s run stock? they make more power and have similar weight and trap similarly.

theres tons of ls1s running better than mine too.
The best A4 LS1 I've ever seen run was 13.4. My girlfriend's LS1 TA barely ran a 13.8 at best with NO mods. I've got a plethora of friends with LS1 F-bodies-even more friends than I have who own Mustangs. They've all played with my car recently and when it was stock. They will admit an M5 Mach is faster than a stock A4 F-body. I've raced more LS1's than any Mustang owner could dream of. I KNOW stock M5 Mach's are faster than stock A4 F-bodies...

You have to stop racing dynos and visit the track more often. An M5 mach goes through 3 gears in stock form, meanwhile an A4 F-body just barely hits 3rd by the finish line with a low stall converter. This means the Mach stays in its powerband more.

A4's are only better because of the great launches they make with a nice stall converter. Keep the stock converter and run on street tires and that advantage is gone, then all you have left is a roll race to the end of the track and I guarantee you the Mach will win that part every time against a stock A4...

Last edited by 04azuremach; 05-02-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I never got to race any Mach's when my car was stock, pounded a few GT's but thats about it. But after my mods C&L intake with MAF, underdrive pullies, bassani LT's,bassani x, and Borla Race catback with a ported 01 intake. I did send one crying home to Momma from a freeway roll at about 60 mph. In a street race especially from a roll its really important to know the powerband and nail your shifts. The more times you have to shift the worse off you are especially in a Mustang.....we all know how good there stock shifters are!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Teching In

It's the transmissions that suck. I went with the TKO 600 after Ford rebuilt the 3650 3 times.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 04azuremach
The best A4 LS1 I've ever seen run was 13.4. My girlfriend's LS1 TA barely ran a 13.8 at best with NO mods. I've got a plethora of friends with LS1 F-bodies-even more friends than I have who own Mustangs. They've all played with my car recently and when it was stock. They will admit an M5 Mach is faster than a stock A4 F-body. I've raced more LS1's than any Mustang owner could dream of. I KNOW stock M5 Mach's are faster than stock A4 F-bodies...

You have to stop racing dynos and visit the track more often. An M5 mach goes through 3 gears in stock form, meanwhile an A4 F-body just barely hits 3rd by the finish line with a low stall converter. This means the Mach stays in its powerband more.

A4's are only better because of the great launches they make with a nice stall converter. Keep the stock converter and run on street tires and that advantage is gone, then all you have left is a roll race to the end of the track and I guarantee you the Mach will win that part every time against a stock A4...
I dont know what kind of **** youve been smokin bud, but there has been plenty of ls1's in the 12 stock......more so in the auto's ....Stock for stock, a stock mach will not beat a stock ls1 at the track or on the street......granted that the ls1 driver isnt a moron and can drive, take that crap to the mustang forums.

Heres a video of my SS when it was just bolt ons
Old 05-02-2007, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

^ I remember that run Sammy, that was a good day.

Yeah and as far as the auto LS1 being slow, go tell that to a different crowd.
My friends auto's that have beeen fast bone stock:

Matts 2000Z/28 VERT went 13.3's at 105....now runs 12.5xx @109 w/ just bolt-ons

Steveo's 2001 z/28 did 13.4's

I think Geno's car, 2002 ws6 auto did 13.3's as well in stock trim

Sammy correct me if I'm wrong.

Hell I know a guys who's LT1 when it was bone stock went a 13.7 @103 years ago.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1nastyss
I dont know what kind of **** youve been smokin bud, but there has been plenty of ls1's in the 12 stock......more so in the auto's ....Stock for stock, a stock mach will not beat a stock ls1 at the track or on the street......granted that the ls1 driver isnt a moron and can drive, take that crap to the mustang forums.

Heres a video of my SS when it was just bolt ons
If you look through this thread you'll see that I've said I have seen both cars run 12's bone stock. Bolt-on's don't count as stock so I'm not sure why you're showing me this video. You are smoking some serious crack if you think A4 LS1's run 12's STOCK all the time, M6's can though! I'm talking BONE STOCK, not after some damn bolt-on's. Like I said, the girlfriend's never did better than 13.8 and that was after about 20 passes. Can't blame that on missing a shift. Those were with 2.0 60's. She's now in the 11's. I'd like to see you say it was bad driving... I can think of 15 LS1's off the top of my head around here that are A4's and never even came close to a 12 bone stock. Best I've heard from all of them is 13.5.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01MMMZ28
^ I remember that run Sammy, that was a good day.

Yeah and as far as the auto LS1 being slow, go tell that to a different crowd.
My friends auto's that have beeen fast bone stock:

Matts 2000Z/28 VERT went 13.3's at 105....now runs 12.5xx @109 w/ just bolt-ons

Steveo's 2001 z/28 did 13.4's

I think Geno's car, 2002 ws6 auto did 13.3's as well in stock trim

Sammy correct me if I'm wrong.

Hell I know a guys who's LT1 when it was bone stock went a 13.7 @103 years ago.
None of those times are in the 12's so I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me when I did better than all of those times bone stock after just learning to drive a stick shift. If anything you just helped prove my point.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Teching In

We're talking bone stock here. Stop bringing up bolt-on's and cars with slicks and converters running 12's. We all know they respond well to mods, but you're the ones on crack if you think it's at all common for a stock A4 to run 12's.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

no, I was responding to an above comment that was said that 13.4's was best seen and that a T/A barley did 13.8's.....just because that was the best you saw, does not mean that better times are not capable. Just remember also, anything can happen on the street. I personnally have never seen 12's out of an auto LS1 either, but I'm sure there could be a freak that could do it.....then again I've never seen a Mach1 run even low 13's in stock form....has it happened...yes...just that I have not seen it, much less 12's in stock form. Kick *** drivers are very rare and you must be one...congrats!!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.....whats that....oh so the truth is???? Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah....

so its a race SS vs Mach 1......
Old 05-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01MMMZ28
no, I was responding to an above comment that was said that 13.4's was best seen and that a T/A barley did 13.8's.....just because that was the best you saw, does not mean that better times are not capable. Just remember also, anything can happen on the street. I personnally have never seen 12's out of an auto LS1 either, but I'm sure there could be a freak that could do it.....then again I've never seen a Mach1 run even low 13's in stock form....has it happened...yes...just that I have not seen it, much less 12's in stock form. Kick *** drivers are very rare and you must be one...congrats!!
I'm far from a kickass driver. These are from 2004 when all I had was an X pipe.

http://www.mirdrag.com/results/04res...410/041023.htm

I'm listed on there as Robby Braddock. Kevin Hassler, the guy I was talking about earlier, took his car off of the showroom floor and qualified 1 spot behind me. This was his first time at the track in his mach. He has been racing Mustangs for MANY years however (he's 45). Since then he has run many 12.9's in bone stock form. His new best is 12.6 @ 110 with an X pipe and drop in K&N. I'm an OK driver, but people like Kevin and Angus66 are beyond me.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

My point is, u take a stock Mach vs a stock ls1 , i dont give a **** if its an auto or a 6 speed, with a descent driver in both, the ls1 will walk just about everytime....It is a fact that not all ls1 cars are the same nor do they run the same.......U put a good set of tire on a descently strong ls1 and see if it isnt all over the 12 or atleast close.....Another thing for ya to ponder on is, i have a 6 speed and wouldnt have it any other way, but autos are quite a bit more consistent and most of the time are quicker at the track.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Its harder to compare unless u have a mach and a ls1 with the same driver.....Fact is , stock for stock the ls1 will win !!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Teching In

My point is, u take a stock Mach vs a stock ls1 , i dont give a **** if its an auto or a 6 speed, with a descent driver in both, the ls1 will walk just about everytime....It is a fact that not all ls1 cars are the same nor do they run the same.......U put a good set of tire on a descently strong ls1 and see if it isnt all over the 12 or atleast close.....Another thing for ya to ponder on is, i have a 6 speed and wouldnt have it any other way, but autos are quite a bit more consistent and most of the time are quicker at the track.
Autos are quicker at the track WHEN MODDED. Stock A4's with the stock stall converter will be slower than an M6. Obviously they're more consistant. My girlfriend has a bracket racing trophy to prove it.

That is when she ran 13.0's with a lot of bolt on's including a stall converter and slicks.

Have you ever raced a mach 1 when you were stock? Probably not. If you did, you'd be a little more informed about how closely they run together. Obviously a bone stock Mach nor F-body would keep up with you so I think your giving too much credity to a stock F-body just because you own a fast one. This doesn't mean your car was a Mach 1 slaughterer the day you bought it. I've pulled on a member here from a roll when he had more mods than I did. His SN is 2000WS6TA. Look him up and have him inform you...
Old 05-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Its harder to compare unless u have a mach and a ls1 with the same driver.....Fact is , stock for stock the ls1 will win !!!!!!!
Whatever makes you sleep better at night, keep telling yourself that.