Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

02 SS vs. 04 Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where talking about real world here ok, not Pinks

Its a drivers race, can anyone explain to him what that means?

And like I have said before I never not once lost to an F-body in my bolt on Cobra. So that either tells me that my car was really fast or it tells me that the F-body drivers in my area can't drive.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

I think we should meet halfway so i drag your *** down the street.....bring all your stang buddies, including cobras..it would be fun
Old 05-02-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by germeezy1

And like I have said before I never not once lost to an F-body in my bolt on Cobra. So that either tells me that my car was really fast or it tells me that the F-body drivers in my area can't drive.
Your probably right on that man, fbody owners better have their stuff together if they plan on running a cobra....Ive came across many cobra drivers around here that are heavily lacking the driver also
Old 05-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by germeezy1

When I first learned to drive a stick I took my car to the track and couldn't even run 13's. I'm not ashamed to admit that. My first ever pass was a 14.8 which invovled a 2.5 60' and missing 2nd gear-badly.

In fact I only had 1 pass into the 13's which was a 13.7 before I took it to Ford to have them fix the transmission because it had grinded going into 2nd gear at high RPM since day one. As soon as that was fixed I went back to the track and went 13.2 with the car still being stock. Don't ask me how I dropped a half second by doing that-but it did. Maybe the engine was finally broke in, maybe the trans was more damaged than I thought-who knows?

Either way LS1 F-body vs. Mach 1 could go either way. Personally my car never-ever-lost to a bolt-on F-body at any point during my ownership. The car was running strong for how few mods it had for the first 2 years. Then after I went ape **** with mods it was slower than most comparable Mach's. I'd rather it have run 15's bone stock and run 10's now, but oh well.

If you have a bolt-on F-body, don't expect a win over a Mach-just hope for one, because it's far from guaranteed.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1nastyss
I think we should meet halfway so i drag your *** down the street.....bring all your stang buddies, including cobras..it would be fun
You're going to need more than what you've got right now

Go see the NA Mach vs TT LS1 thread in this section.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 04azuremach
You're going to need more than what you've got right now

Go see the NA Mach vs TT LS1 thread in this section.
I read that BS thread a while ago, i dont care waht u and the other ford guys say, that ls1 was not TT not even ST.... AS for u, i have plenty for your ***, im sure its more than what u can handle
Old 05-02-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Haha this ***** turning ugly guys.....SO I retract my statement that an M6 LS1 would win by 3-4 cars, more like 1-2 cars, the cars are close but the LS1 does have the slight advantage, also auto MACHs are dogs compared to the M5's, so an auto mach would be 3-4, M5 prob like a car or 2, so let the thread die guys, even though reading all this **** is hilarious
Old 05-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Teching In

I read that BS thread a while ago, i dont care waht u and the other ford guys say, that ls1 was not TT not even ST.... AS for u, i have plenty for your ***, im sure its more than what u can handle
Um, yeah, it was TT. I even posted 3 links to his user account on 3 different forums. If you think it's not TT then why don't you track him down and expose me for being a liar.

If what's in your sig is all you've got, I'd bring my friend's trailer to help pick up your doors after the race.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01FormulaTA
Haha this ***** turning ugly guys.....SO I retract my statement that an M6 LS1 would win by 3-4 cars, more like 1-2 cars, the cars are close but the LS1 does have the slight advantage, also auto MACHs are dogs compared to the M5's, so an auto mach would be 3-4, M5 prob like a car or 2, so let the thread die guys, even though reading all this **** is hilarious
Dude, you don't even know what you're talking about. There is no 1-2 car advantage. Period.

The fact that you said 3-4 cars originally proves your credibility... that being that you know jack ****.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

Um, yeah, it was TT. I even posted 3 links to his user account on 3 different forums. If you think it's not TT then why don't you track him down and expose me for being a liar.

If what's in your sig is all you've got, I'd bring my friend's trailer to help pick up your doors after the race.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No one can predict the outcome of a street race, I have beaten cars on the streets that no way, no how should I have beat. I also have got beaten by cars that I looked over at cocky and expected to win. Cars that are even within half a second of one another are considered a drivers race.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Teching In

If you had kept reading that thread you'd know that I now have a stalled C4 with an NX kit. You in an M6 with a whopping 410 RWHP would be pretty embarassed.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

I cant believe the ***** on this guy , especially on a LS1 website....Its obvious now that your on here to run your mouth about ls1's , its funny seeing that u dont know jack **** yourself
Old 05-02-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

Unless u a sprayig a huge shot bud, u better go swap a ls1 in that POS
Old 05-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Teching In

I cant believe the ***** on this guy , especially on a LS1 website....Its obvious now that your on here to run your mouth about ls1's , its funny seeing that u dont know jack **** yourself
I'm not here to run my mouth. I'm in this thread to fix the BS being spouted off by some of you saying an LS1 will win by 3-4 cars. I didn't even start the TT LS1 thread. You guys obviously don't know jack **** about Mach 1's and therefore shouldn't even post if you know nothing about them. I on the other hand have had plenty of experience with F-bodies and know what they can and cannot do! I do have a tendency to be confused about their rear ends-that's an inside joke between me and Scuba~Racer99 on this forum.

Please track down 2TurboZ from this forum, then tell me I was not racing a TT LS1.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Unless u a sprayig a huge shot bud, u better go swap a ls1 in that POS
LOL and I'm the cocky one?
Old 05-02-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

LOL and I'm the cocky one?
Looks like we both are pretty cocky, you obviously havent been beat by a Fbody, and i havent been beat by an sort of stang....this could go on forever...I still aint givin in sucka.....LOL
Old 05-02-2007, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Sammy (1nastySS) and I have been friends for a long time and I can personally vouch for his driving skills, he is by far the best at rowing the gears that I have ever seen. I have also seen him pull 2 cars on a 03 cobra that had a pulley, cai,exhaust and tuning....when his SS was only bolt-ons and 4.10's. Should he have won? No, but he did and the cobra driver was dumbfounded and accused him of spraying or being S/C'ed either of which he was not. I think that the argument is pointless, a bonestock 01-02 LS1 fbody 6 speed will beat(w/ equal drivers) a bone stock 5 speed mach 1....not by much but the LS1 will win. Now reverse the situation that you speak of.....take the manual tranny LS1 and put it up to a auto Mach1.....you will see a virtual *** rapping.....done that 1st hand to a white mach1 when all I had was a filter.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Looks like we both are pretty cocky, you obviously havent been beat by a Fbody, and i havent been beat by an sort of stang....this could go on forever...I still aint givin in sucka.....LOL
Oh, I've been beaten by plenty an F-body. I can't deny that. They just had more than what you've got though.

If you think I'm here to talk **** about LS1's you're dead wrong. I LIKE LS1 F-bodies. Had they made them in 2004 I'd be driving one right now but I wanted a new car. I've spent quite a few hours underneath my girlfriend's Trans AM. I'm here because I'm pissed about the misinformation of Mach 1's in this thread. It's rediculous. Had I thought it was any slower than an F-body when I test drove it I would not have bought it! When you pull the valve covers off the LS1 and start modding the engine beyond bolt-on's the LS1 is a better motor than the 4 valve modular for a power plant-I won't ever deny that. There are a lot less Mach 1's than LS1 F-bodies so how many have you actually seen run at the track and talk to the owner to get a handle on his/her experience?
Old 05-02-2007, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

from my experiences, a mach1 starts to come alive w/ a couple bolt-ons and GEARS.....then you got your hands full and better bring your "A" game.