Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

User: *** GDBY2U *** Bad Seller-DO NOT BUY!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default User: *** GDBY2U *** Bad Seller-DO NOT BUY!

I have been in a dispute with user GDBY2U for a while now. I purchased a set of anthracite TTM's from him with Goodyear F1 tires. The wheels and tires were described in great condition and he said there were no curb checks or rash on the rims anywhere. He also stated the tires were in great shape and had nothing wrong with them. I stressed to him "GDBY2U" the importance that all these tires/rims be in great shape and he assured me they were "like new". He sent me several pictures of the rims but they were too far away for me to see that anything was wrong with the rims/tires. When I recieved these I quickly noticed that I had been screwed. Only one rim and one tire were actually as described. The other three tires and rims all had major flaws on them. The front drivers wheel/tires are as described and in good shape. Here are the rest of the rims//tires
1. Front passenger: Tire in completely worn down on the very inside and has absolutely no tread on it at all. The rim also has curb rash around the entire rim. About 95% of the front rim has moderate curb rash around the enitire lip.

Below is how the inside of the tire should look

2. Rear Driver: Rim is in decent shape with only small knicks in it. The tire has major cuts in it all along the bead of the rim. There is about 3 spots where chuncks of rubber is missing right where the tire meets with the rim.

3. Rear Passenger: Rims has a few knicks and spots on it. The tire is also cut around the entire circumfrance of it. The cut goes around the entire tire and there are several spots where the rubber has come off. This is a fairly deep cut.

Below is one of many Private messages where we discuss the transaction

Originally Posted by Cvaught
Are you TTm wheels/tires still for sale? Where is your location. I am interested, but need all the details such as price and condition.

Originally Posted by GDBY2U
Yes They Are Still Available.. Send Me Your E-mail Addy And I Send You Some Pic's.. The Wheels Have 300 Miles On Them And The Tires Are Goodyear Eagle gsdw's F1's Rime Size Front 17x9 W/245/45/17's Rears 17x10.5 W/315/35/17's.. Asking $950+3.25% BS Paypal fees Shipped... Or A Postal Money Order And No Fees. Lmk Thanks.

OK, my car is currently on jack stands so I am trying to pick up some wheels fast. First off, what are the condition f all 4 wheels. Is there any curb rash or damage to any of the wheels? All 4 tires have about how much tread life on them? Send as many pics as you can to Cvaught1@verizon.net
I am very interested and I have cash in hand. If these wheels/tires in excellent shape I will send you a cashiers check or money order so I don't have to pay the paypal fees. Would that be ok? Upon you cashing the check you could send them my way? My zip is 47909 Lafayette, IN

Ok Just Sent You Some Pic's And The Cashiers Check Is Just Perfect!!! I Hate Paypal... When The Check Show's They Will Go!!! There Just Stacked In The Garage.... Front tires Have 85% And Rears Have 70% Life Left.. No Rash Or Curb Checks!!! My Car Only Has 925 On It And 300 Of It Was With These Wheels... Lmk Thx Again

Just got your PM. These wheels/tires are SOLD $950 shipped, correct? Do you want me to paypal you the $100+3.25%fee so you will hold them until my check gets to you with the other $850? Or will you 100% positevely hold them for me until IO get the check sent out monday?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this guy should be banned asap ,what a loser,he almost got me but after 2 days of bull **** excuses i put a hold on pmt
Old 03-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Default GDBY2U stikll lieing to me

Told me that the tracking number would be valid on Saturday. Here it is Monday and it is still not valid. I only wish that I had reviewed his previous negative seller comments before I bought from him.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Al Mc
Told me that the tracking number would be valid on Saturday. Here it is Monday and it is still not valid. I only wish that I had reviewed his previous negative seller comments before I bought from him.
his trader rating is what misleads ya into trusting him
Old 03-09-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats how he got me. I saw his 47 trader rating and thought he must be a good buyer/seller. I was dead wrong. It even took him 5 days longer to get me a tracking number than what he had said.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Default GDBY2U ripped me off

If you review the comments, there are numerous negative comments there.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I saw 2 negative transaction on him and 45 good ones, so I figured it was just a small mishap. I know now that this guy is a fraud and has done this to many people. I am out $950 and have a shitty set of wheels/tires!
Old 03-10-2009, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This guy has used every excuse in the book with me.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

I cant understand why ,he is allowed to keep selling
Old 03-10-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Veteran

All transactions are being closely monitored.

Banning is not a good option as a banned member cannot reply to posts, pm or linked email from their profile which leaves other buyers with limited communication and seller unable to update.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GEARHED
All transactions are being closely monitored.

Banning is not a good option as a banned member cannot reply to posts, pm or linked email from their profile which leaves other buyers with limited communication and seller unable to update.
How about persuading this guy buy me 3 new tires and 2 new wheels? That would be nice.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Restricted User

How about persuading this guy buy me 3 new tires and 2 new wheels? That would be nice.
Well Considering You Only Payed $700 For The Wheels And Tires After Shipping... If You Were To Buy Them New The Price Would Be Much Greater....The Wheels Alone Are $700 And Those Tires New Are $1000.. So $1700 Before Shipping.... Wow Talk About Your Savings!!! And I Sent You Pic's Of The Rims and Tires And There Was No Dought Then.... But Now There Is.... I Did Agree To Replace One Rim And One Tire(Right Front) But Now You Being An A**.......Anyway You Will Get Your Rim And Tire.... So Thank For The Dirty Flag To Start With!!!! Awsome!!! Good Day To Ya!!! And Just For The Record>>>>>>>> I Waited A Year For A Reund On A Part I Never Received From A Buyer On Here And Got It After That And I Was This Much Of A Pain About It!!! And The Amount Was Just has Much!!!! Some Of Us Have More Control Than Others I Guess....
Old 03-10-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well Considering You Only Payed $700 For The Wheels And Tires After Shipping... If You Were To Buy Them New The Price Would Be Much Greater....The Wheels Alone Are $700 And Those Tires New Are $1000.. So $1700 Before Shipping.... Wow Talk About Your Savings!!! And I Sent You Pic's Of The Rims and Tires And There Was No Dought Then.... But Now There Is.... I Did Agree To Replace One Rim And One Tire(Right Front) But Now You Being An A**.......Anyway You Will Get Your Rim And Tire.... So Thank For The Dirty Flag To Start With!!!! Awsome!!! Good Day To Ya!!! And Just For The Record>>>>>>>> I Waited A Year For A Reund On A Part I Never Received From A Buyer On Here And Got It After That And I Was This Much Of A Pain About It!!! And The Amount Was Just has Much!!!! Some Of Us Have More Control Than Others I Guess....
It doesn't matter how much I paid for them. The fact is that we worked a deal, $950 shipped to my door in great shape and no curb rash. I sent you the $950 as I said i would and you sent me 4 shitty wheels and 4 shitty tires. I held up on my end and you didn't. I could care less what happened to you in one of your tracations, we are here talking about OUR transaction! There is no way in hell this is my fault! You screwed up and now you need to fix it! Look at the pictures above, you would have to be a complete dumbass to say they are in great shape and like new. Are you blind!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

hopefully lesson learned though...always get as many pictures as possible, especially close-ups because every now and then you'll run into someone like this just looking to rip you off.

Last edited by GEARHED; 03-16-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There are soo many people he has done this to. He can't seem to ship anything on time. He always has an excuse for everything, trust me.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Restricted User

Everybody Got Jump On The F***n Band Wagon!!!!! It Will Be Settled.

Last edited by GEARHED; 03-11-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As soon as I have a new tire and wheel sitting on my front porch in good condition, I will shut my mouth. Just so everyone knows, he has taken no action to resolve this, he has just "talked" about resolving this. I want to see a tracking number sitting in my PM box for a good condtion wheel and tire!
Old 03-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Restricted User

And You Will..... Gettin It All Together....Out!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have not seen anything that would lead me to belive you are actually working on it!
Old 03-13-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

still waiting fo rthis to be resolved

Quick Reply: User: *** GDBY2U *** Bad Seller-DO NOT BUY!