Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Disappointing transaction with StangEaterSS

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Disappointing transaction with StangEaterSS

The FS ad was deleted, presumably by StangEaterSS. I had already typed up the chronology of the transaction in the original thread but I'll give it another shot.

Seller listed a 1-year old 78MM FAST intake. I paid for it on Friday, May 8th via PayPal and he said it would ship on Saturday. He later pushed it back until Monday (no big deal, of course). I told the Seller that I needed the intake by Friday, to which he replied that it wouldn't be a problem.

I inquired about a tracking number on Monday evening. The seller informed me that a "friend" shipped the intake for him. I replied saying something to the affect of... "This isn't a reflection on you, but just a safeguard based upon previous transactions where the seller used a "friend" to ship an item. Could you please get me a tracking number? I have been in a similar situation where the "friend" forgot to ship something or I was blatantly lied to." He said he's get one as soon as he could.

No tracking number Tuesday... I followed up. No tracking number Wednesday... or Thursday... or Friday (the day I was supposed to get it). I sent him an email on Sunday for follow up. He replied with a bogus tracking number (he admitted it didn't work). Monday morning, he finally sent me the correct tracking number. The tracking number indicated that the intake didn't ship until LAST FRIDAY (THE DAY I NEEDED IT). Even after sending it a full week late (and lying to me for a week), he sent it via GROUND.

The intake finally showed up on Wednesday. When I opened the box, I found that he neglected to include the bolts (I was supposed to get all mounting hardware). Also, he sealed the upper/lower halves of the intake with RTV!! It took me an HOUR with a heat gun and various tools to get the intake separated. It took me another 4 hours to clean up the mess left behind. While I certainly think the seller should have mentioned this, I haven't asked for any compensation for my time (or the $25 replacement gasket).

I sent him an email on Wednesday morning, explaining my extreme dissatisfaction with this transaction. Because of the delay in shipping, I couldn't afford to wait any longer for the bolts. In my email on Wednesday, I told him that if he didn't reply within 2 hours, I was going to order the parts and expect to be reimbursed. 3 hours went by and I didn't hear from him... so I called a vendor and ordered replacement bolts and gasket ($99 shipped). At this point, I had paid $699 for a used 78mm LSx intake covered in bright orange RTV. The vendor I bought the parts from said that he sells them new for $699...

Later that evening, the seller sent me an email asking me to call him (without explanation of the purpose). I didn't have a chance to call. The following morning, he sent me an email saying he overnighted the bolts. As per my email on Wednesday, I had _already_ ordered new bolts. Too little... too late. I received his bolts and offered to return them, in exchange for the $60 in bolts/shipping I paid to the vendor. He refuses to make any restitution.

I posted some of this information in his FS ad. It appears he tried to sweep that one under the rug, so I have to bring it here. StangEaterSS has shown a lack of character and responsibility. I would rather not have to make this post... but he has left me no choice.

At this point, I would like complete reimbursement for the $99 in bolts/gasket.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I sent an email to Brad Garas (aka StangEaterSS) linking him to this thread. No response yet.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

No reply to my email, nor here (obviously). According to his profile...

Last Activity: Yesterday 08:16 PM
Old 06-24-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wish I would have Googled his name first...

This is on his MySpace page...
"I'm a selfish ***** and I do what I want, when I want."

Here is his Facebook profile picture...
Old 06-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Launching!

he even looks like a tool. Sorry about the luck man.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

No communication... yet he has been online...

I'm installing the intake now and guess what? He didn't send the valley cover or throttle body mounting bolts. I'm going to dispute it in the AM unless I find $99 in my PayPal account.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Launching!

hell yea man. I would
Old 06-25-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, you gave the guy 2 hours to reply to email. I don't live on my computer and I doubt he does either. Maybe he wore your patience too thin but seriously... 2 hours!? Then you want to dispute it? Paypal wont rule in your favor on transactions outside of eBay so give it up.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z
Honestly, you gave the guy 2 hours to reply to email. I don't live on my computer and I doubt he does either. Maybe he wore your patience too thin but seriously... 2 hours!? Then you want to dispute it? Paypal wont rule in your favor on transactions outside of eBay so give it up.
not true. I just won a dispute against cobraklr.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:12 AM
TECH Regular

Hey is this guy from colorado?
Old 06-26-2009, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z
The guy had already lied to me for a week... causing a ripple affect of things depending upon the part. I couldn't wait... the fact remains... he never sent me all of the parts. The bolts he finally did send me... were only the long intake-to-cylinder head bolts. He didn't send the lifter valley or throttle body bolts.

Also, I've disputed 2 transactions through PayPal over the years. In both cases, I got my money back. Neither of them were for transactions through eBay.

Last night, he essentially offered me a $30 refund. I have $121 in replacement parts and rush shipping... he's going to have to do better than that.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LCplmarine98
Hey is this guy from colorado?
Chicago.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Launching!

2hrs? Did you not read that the guy was online?
Old 06-26-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Huh? You talkin to me? Did you not read the whole sequence of events?
Old 06-29-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's taking me a bit to get a copy of the receipts for Brad. The vendor that sold me he created the invoice from his home PC and will have to print/mail it to me.

Quick Reply: Disappointing transaction with StangEaterSS