Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Modern_Muscle lied to me and won't pay the bill

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Modern_Muscle lied to me and won't pay the bill

NOT THE SHOP IN CHICAGO, BUT THE USERNAME MODERN_MUSCLE ON HERE Seller told me he would include the receipt with the heads and that they were unmilled and had a combustion chamber of 64 cc's. Seller was slow on shipping and did not respond to my pm's, even though he had been logging on to ls1tech. I started a paypal claim, and the next day, the heads were shipped out. I recieved the heads with no receipt. I had no way of identifying the heads as stage 2.5 (as opposed to stage 1 or stage 3), or confirming that they were unmilled. Seller said they were exactly as he said and if they were anything different, he would pay the bill. I took it to my machine shop to have them double check, they turned out to be stage 2.5's but they had been milled down to 58 cc's. I told the seller about this and requested he pay the bill my machinist gave me of $60. Seller agreed, but hasn't paid.

link to thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...-prc-ls6s.html

Last edited by danhr; 07-26-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I EVEN OFFERED TO BUY THEM BACK AND PAY SHIPPING (80.55), and you REFUSED.

I bought them understanding they were 64cc chambers. I told you this. I offered that if they WERE NOT that I WOULD pay the machine shop bill, and or buy them back. But you refused.

I told you I will pay you, if you look, I have things listed for sale to get the cash.

I PM'd you agreeing to pay for the machine shop bill, but that I need two weeks for another paycheck to pay it.

I have moved since the sale, and am still unpacking, and going through papers. I told you that I would send you my receipt from the seller after I found it. I also stated that after paying first and last months rent, as well as a BIG security deposit, that I would need to wait for the next paycheck to get my account out of the red from doing so.

If youre such an arrogant ******* that you feel you have to do this, fine.All you are trying to do is justify yourself, when I have made every single effort to make this mistake right. If offering to buy them back and pay the shipping isnt right, I dont know what is.

Anyone else would have understood.

Last edited by Modern_Muscle; 07-24-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

by the way, post up your address, or PM it to me, and I'll send you cash, since I have a little laying around now.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

wow some peopple dont understand, that peopple have rent and other bills to pay.

but how come he is saying, that u said the heads were unmilled?
Old 07-24-2009, 10:13 PM
11 Second Club

Again with the lies.

Ok let's start at the beginning, and I will show how lenient I have been, and how modern_muscle has done nothing but take a foot out of every inch I give him.

We agreed that I would pay for the heads in two payments, and that the 2nd payment would be on July 1st. He would then ship them out and send me a tracking number. I also asked for a copy of the receipt for the heads (I assumed he was e-mail them to me), so I knew exactly what I was buying, so I knew if it was suitable for my application. Modern_muscle told me that he would include the receipt in the package. I took his word, assuming he was an honest guy. I then paid for the heads on the 1st, as agreed.

I then ask for a tracking number. No reply. I notice that is still logging onto ls1tech and viewing my pm's. I continue to pm him but still no reply. On July 8th, I become fed up, as I know he is reading my pm's and is flat out ignoring me. I even mentioned in one of the PM's that I didn't care if he had sent them out or not, I just wanted an update. I know sometimes people get busy. Still no reply.

So I do what any rational person would do. I filed a claim with paypal. THE NEXT DAY guess who emerges from the depths and ships the heads out?

I receive the heads, and no receipt on any sort of details on the heads

I PM modern_muscle asking where the receipt was. He tells me he just moved and he does not know. this brings up a fairly good question WHY WOULD YOU PROMISE TO INCLUDE SOMETHING IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE IT'S AT?

Of course then I tell him that I am going to have to take it to my machine shop to verify everything. I need to a)verify that they are stage 2.5 heads and b) that they are unmilled, as described in the thread. and that since HE CAN NOT PROVIDE ME WITH DOCUMENTS TO VERIFY THIS INFORMATION, THAT I NEEDED TO VERIFY IT MYSELF . I'm sorry, but I'm not going to risk my motor on someone's word.... especially someone I have never met.

I then recieve a nasty pm saying that I'm an idiot and that I know nothing about lsx parts. modern muscle tells me that in plain sight they are stamped "stage 2.5" where it used to have a casting number. funny..... i thought they stamped ls6 on there... OH WAIT THEY DO! but again... I deserved to be called an idiot because I knew that, without even seeing the heads. He then tells me that if they are anything but what he claimed them to be, that he would refund my money, BUT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY SHIPPING BACK.

NOW WHY DO I HAVE TO FORK OVER MONEY FOR HIS MISTAKE? IT'S NOT MY FAULT HE WAS SELLING AN ITEM HE KNEW NOTHING ABOUT

So i tell him he will have to pay the machine shop's bill, unless he can provide documents proving the heads are unmilled and stage 2.5.

I then take the heads to my machinst and he verifies that they are stage 2.5, BUT THAT THEY ARE MILLED . They have a combustion chamber of 58 cc's instead of the 64 cc's, contrary to what modern_muscle told me. My machinsts bill was $60. I told modern_muscle that I would like him to pay the bill and then we will call it even. He agrees, but then just looses contact with me again. Again thinking I would just forget about it. Well 4 hours after i leave a negative feedback rating, GUESS WHO ARISES FROM THE DEPTHS AGAIN?! .

Funny how the only only way I can get you to do anything is either with a paypal claim or leaving you negative feedback, WHICH YOU SO DESERVE

and as far as not having any money... here's a dumb question for you....

you agreed to pay my machinsts bill on 18JULY2009. Yet in these three threads, you are inquiring about buying parts:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...manifolds.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...p-11104-a.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...w-catback.html
ALL OF WHICH WERE EITHER ON OR AFTER THE 18TH OF JULY!!!

HOW CAN YOU BUY PARTS FOR YOUR TURBO BUILD, WHEN YOU HAVE NO MONEY TO PAY THE MONEY YOU OWE ME?!

I have over looked the lack of response, the slow shipping time, and gave you a simple fix for selling me something other than advertised. you, in return, have been totally unreasonable, telling me I need to pay for your mistakes, and constantly lying to me. and now you have the audacity to call me an "arrogant *** hole." That shows a lack of class and a lot about your character as a trader on ls1tech. And it also violates the rules on the "Negative Trader Feedback" section, as name calling is strongly frowned upon.

Your story is filled with holes that do nothing but contradict each other.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

my paypal is danhr03@comcast.net. I will be more than happy to eat the paypal fees, as I have a hunch if you send something in the mail it will either a)take forever to get mailed out or b) get "lost" in the mail
Old 07-25-2009, 01:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Shaarky
wow some peopple dont understand, that peopple have rent and other bills to pay.

but how come he is saying, that u said the heads were unmilled?
Shaarky, I bought the heads, being told they were unmilled, at 64cc (the standard you buy the stage 2.5 LS6's at, unless you request milling).
The receipt the guy gave me did not say anything about them being milled, so I took him at his word. (the receipt is somewhere in the 10+ boxes of paperwork and other receipts I have moved, i believe)
I had the internet off for about 1.5-2 weeks at my house before the move, as not to incur another monthly charge. I was getting on my Instinct, which is very glitchy on Tech, and wont let me PM/Login 99% of the time. The times it does let me log in, it typically didnt let me PM, or would kick me back off the login when I went to PM's. I have no clue as to why it does this, but it does.

Well, I had to part out my parts for my project motor, and listed these as I had been told that they were, and trusted the other person.

Danhr took them to the machine shop, and found out that they were indeed 58cc. I GLADLY offered to pay him back for the machine shop, or buy the heads back from him, pay the machining, and shipping back to me, so that he could buy another set. He even filed a PayPal claim on the heads, and after I talked with the head of paypal claims via phone about the deal, they sided with me.

Like I said, I offered to buy them back from you or if you wanted to keep them, to pay the machine shop bill
I have CASH on me Dan, not in the account. If you want the money, PM me the address to send it to. General mail takes 2-4 days depending on location, and it can be mailed out Monday at Lunch.

Honestly, if thats not willing to make a deal right, I dont know what is.

Apparently, he would probably want a full refund for the heads, and let him keep them.

Please Dan, be honest here, as I have. And me inquiring about things in no way means I am contracted to buying them. I can inquire about a million dollar car, but does that mean I am going to buy it?
I have a turbo car. I dont need anything else for it. Hell, the other turbo kit I am asking about is for a friend with an Fbody.
Here is the part of the PM calling you an "idiot" (which it in no-way calls you that)
"Alright, you really need to back that attitude down, because it gets you nowhere fast.

Look on the head where the casting number usually would be, such as 317, 799, etc. on the opposite end of where it says PRC.
It says stage 2.5 right there, in plain sight.
Are you new to the LSx parts? PRC heads are the EASIEST to tell what they are, because they put it right on the head (e.g. stage 1, 2.5, or 3)
The casting number on these is under the head, in the rough recess, usually right in dead center."

This in no way calls you an idiot. I had mistook the stage 2.5 5.3 heads that are marked like that, from a picture on the web, and thought it transferred over to the LS6's. The stage 2.5 is the only one in the LS6's to receive the stainless valves. the stage 1 uses factory GM valves.

I have been very nice, and tried to make this work. I apologized, and offered in every way to make this right, as I would want a seller that did this to me to do.

Please PM me an address to mail the envelope to.

Thank you.

Last edited by Modern_Muscle; 07-25-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Also. here are the negative feedback thread rules, to refresh your memory.

Failure to follow these rules may result in your threads being locked, deleted, or moved. Depending on the severity of your actions, or frequency of your actions, your user account could be suspended or banned.

1. You must post a link to the thread in which the transaction took place.

2. You must name the user that you are leaving negative feedback for in the thread title and clearly in the post itself.

3. You must start your own thread following these rules. Do not piggyback your story in someone's existing thread.

4. This forum is for feedback of actual transactions only. This means if you "almost" bought something, or thought about it but changed your mind, or didn't like the attitude of the person you were dealing with, DO NOT POST A THREAD IN HERE.

Again, if money and/or parts or service were not exchanged by at least one party to the sale then you cannot post a thread in this forum.

5. Do NOT post in ANY thread in which you were not personally involved with the sale or transaction. If you did not start the thread and your name is not in the title; THEN DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD
The days of unnecessary remarks, opinions, and prodding by people that were not part of the deal to begin with are over. This is a 3 strikes and you are out policy. 2 warnings with infractions then a ban. No exceptions.

6. Once (if) the matter is resolved, please post up the resolution and the thread can be locked.

Thank you for your cooperation.

- LS1Tech Staff

Funny, I dont see anything backing your statement of the action of mine that is "strongly frowned upon", because you and I are part of the deal.

kthx

I do believe my actions of asking for a location to mail the $60 payment are an acceptable means to ending this conflict, and resolving this deal, in ANYONE'S eyes.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im not going to side on either one for the buying the heads and stuff..

if you said the receipt was going to be there when you shipped them, it should have been in there..

second.. who the hell sends cash through the mail!?!
money order.........
Old 07-25-2009, 01:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lemons12
im not going to side on either one for the buying the heads and stuff..

if you said the receipt was going to be there when you shipped them, it should have been in there..

second.. who the hell sends cash through the mail!?!
money order.........
USPS money order is what I should have said. I meant I have cash in the wallet.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Modern_Muscle
USPS money order is what I should have said. I meant I have cash in the wallet.
better!

that is a fair offer!
Old 07-25-2009, 08:22 AM
11 Second Club

Sorry I got the rules for the "negative trader feedback" confused with the rules with "official bad trader list." It's there you can't call names.

In that case you are a ******* lying sack of ****.

Why didn't you post the rest of the pm that you just qouted?! OH BECAUSE IT CONTRADICTS EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID

PM Received from Modern_muscle. When he offered to give me a full refund and "pay for shipping":

"Look on the head where the casting number usually would be, such as 317, 799, etc. on the opposite end of where it says PRC.
It says stage 2.5 right there, in plain sight.
Are you new to the LSx parts? PRC heads are the EASIEST to tell what they are, because they put it right on the head (e.g. stage 1, 2.5, or 3)
The casting number on these is under the head, in the rough recess, usually right in dead center.

You can take it to a machine shop if you like, but that is at YOUR expense, because both heads are visually marked. PayPal will drop the claim based on visual evidence (the stamping/etching on the head).

You'll get a receipt when I find it. I usually dont keep any receipts, because I never need them, and in the hustle of moving, I couldnt find it, and with your claim filed, I shipped them so that paypal would drop it, which they already have one of them, I entered the wrong shipping company, but am on the line with paypal as I type.

If you dont believe that you bought what you did, send them back.
There are about 6 other people that wanted them, who will gladly take them and be able to identify them on sight, and I will gladly give your money back to get out of dealing with you, to be honest.
It is $80.55 to ship them back. That is at your expense if you wish to do so."

And trust me I would be going through paypal on this, but since I filed a claim for them not being shipped, and they were, paypal has this great rule that you can't file a two claims on one products. i.e. I can't file a claim for not shipping and then file a claim for damaged/mis-represented goods.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:28 AM
11 Second Club

lemons, you are a dingle berry for selling ur t/a
Old 07-25-2009, 09:42 AM
11 Second Club

Old 07-25-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by danhr
lemons, you are a dingle berry for selling ur t/a
i know, i know... but i am enjoying my new one so much more!
Old 07-25-2009, 02:56 PM
11 Second Club

should of kept both. one for the track and one for DD
Old 07-25-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

should of kept both. One for the track and one for dd
$$$ $$$

Old 07-26-2009, 02:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
$$$ $$$

sounds like you need the !girlfriend mod

It's a decent weight reduction mod, you will initially lose significant weight, but you will get some of it back, by how much fatter your wallet will get
Old 07-26-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

sounds like you need the !girlfriend mod

It's a decent weight reduction mod, you will initially lose significant weight, but you will get some of it back, by how much fatter your wallet will get
!!!!!

sig worthy!!!!

whats an update on your situation?
Old 07-26-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Address received in a PM. Will get the Money Order out tomorrow.

Thanks for sending the address.

Quick Reply: Modern_Muscle lied to me and won't pay the bill