Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Buyers beware when dealing with Wicked94z

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyers beware when dealing with Wicked94z

I purchased a PST drive shaft from Wicked94z https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-c...eshaft-fs.html. He told me he had it on his car and it fit with his ford 9" and 6 speed and the only reason he was selling it was because he needs a different length drive shaft since he was going with a th400. I bought the shaft from him on Monday 5/17/10 and ordered a 1350 yoke on Wednesday 5/19/10 . I got the yoke on Friday 5/21/10. I went to get the yoke installed yesterday to only find out that the drive shaft he sold me and said it would work with my car is too long.

I went ahead and gave him a call and let him know the situation and he stated there is no way it doesn't fit my car because it fit on his. I told him that I had to take the caps off of the u joint to let it clear the yoke when the other end was completely engaged in the transmission and that there was less than a 1/4" gap before the drive shaft bottomed out in the transmission and he stated it was fine and that's how it was on his car. I told him that it needed about an inch gap so when the car launch and it squats in the back and the shaft moves forward it doesn't bottom out. He proceeded to tell me how the car doesn't squat in the back when you launch and that it actually lifts. I told him that's the first time I had heard that and that that was not true and I have pictures to prove it as well as why it squats in the back was due to the weight power/weight transferring to the rear of the car. He was very adamant that the cars don't do that and that cars lift in the back and squat in the front when launching at the track. All I wanted was for him to take the shaft and give me my money back since he sold me a part that should have fit my car and it did not. He stated that I bought a used part and took a risk buying it and he didn't have a use for it. When I told him I don't have a use for it and needed the money to purchase another so I can drive the car he stated that he needed to do the same although his car is sitting in his parents drive way with no motor. He suggested for me to buy adjustable lca's and move the rear back however, I told him I'd rather have the correct length drive shaft and I didn't want to just simply move the rear back due to the fact when I put a taller tire it would rub on the bumper since the wheel would not be centered in the wheel well. By the way this guy lives 10 mins from my house and it wouldn't be a hassle to get him the drive shaft back and get my money back.

I thought he was an honest guy and I had met him before at a car meet and talked to him for a long time on different occasions but it seems that appearances can be very deceiving which is sad when it's one car guy screwing another car guy. Just letting people know so if you decide to deal with him you should take extra precaution and know what kind of person you're dealing with.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

too lazy to post in different threads...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...l#post13368839
Old 05-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Staging Lane

maybe next time u should know what will work for your car before u go off and buy used parts then try and complain about it when it dosent work. next time save up a little extra money and buy it new so u wont have this problem.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If it was stated to work on his car then how is it his fault? I guess he should have asked for a receipt and a part number and verified with PST, but if it was stated as such then file a fraud claim on him, it will be easy since you live in the same area.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

i never offered a guarantee that the driveshaft would fit his car. That's why i told him the length of the shaft, which he measured and deemed it to be exactly what he needed. for all i know he ordered the incorrect yoke for his rearend, his rearend isn't centered from running stock non adjustable control arms, or his car was in a major collision at some point and something wasn't repaired correctly. I don't see how I can take blame for any of these situations.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
i never offered a guarantee that the driveshaft would fit his car. That's why i told him the length of the shaft, which he measured and deemed it to be exactly what he needed. for all i know he ordered the incorrect yoke for his rearend, his rearend isn't centered from running stock non adjustable control arms, or his car was in a major collision at some point and something wasn't repaired correctly. I don't see how I can take blame for any of these situations.
I measured it to verify the length you stated it was which should have fit my car as you stated. Wow quiet pathetic trying to make up a a reason why it wouldn't fit as you stated. I ordered the correct standard size 1350 yoke, my rear is actually centered since I measured it and about my car being in a major collision, just wow.

You guys can read the other thread for yourself and make your own judgment on whether you'd want to do business with this guy or not.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Wicked from what I have seen is a stand up guy and always has been
Old 05-29-2010, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

You can get two different length yokes with the 9"... this may be the main cause. Ive dealt with wicked94z and he bought the th400 from me that he is installing. So yes he is converting from a 6 spd to a th400....

Quick Reply: Buyers beware when dealing with Wicked94z