Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

BE WARNED : dirty dingo motor sports

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation BE WARNED : dirty dingo motor sports

EDIT info added update post #16 with pics .

================================================== ==============================================

these guys took me for a ride on a simple set of motor mounts.
http://www.dirtydingo.com/store/index.php

i purchased the ls motor to 73-91 2wd truck adaptor mounts NON painted
http://dirtydingo.com/store/product_...oducts_id=1308

these were purchased 2 or so months ago in begining of may for my 2wd build i am doing with 5.3 swap. i liked the fact thay were adjustable and bolt to block and stock mounts for easy drop in / set and go .

i test fitted them and installed in the truck for fit test in there also . no problems. thay also look real good like real good weld on them.

then 2 weeks ago mid week i blasted them up in the cabinet at work in prep for good paint job . got to looking them over and found cold welds / non bonding welds . the gap was so bad in some you could stick a sheet of paper threw them part way in to the weld area/center.

so i called them after work that night ( me east coast them arizona ) guy said send them back and he would cover my shipping costs also. i figured great should have them back in week and good customer service .

WRONG

i sent them 3 day flat rate usps box as he sent them to me . heck i even reused the box thay come in. shipped out satday 7/7/12 . so even if thay didnt leave till monday thats wensday 7/11/12 recived to them. he said as soon as he recived them he would box a new set up and ship same day . well next week monday 7/16/12 i recived email thay had recived them and created a new lable and will be shipping out soon. then next day thay shipped and i recived 7/19/12 . so this whole shipping deal screwed my build time / order up as i cant set motor / tranny inplace with no mounts.

well today 7/20/12 i blast up the new set same as old in prep for paint work. pull them out after all blaster. thay are yes a little better but still cold welds. heck even the oil coating from raw metal from steel making factory was leaking out from under the cold weld joints. cant tell me these are not bad welds.

so i wait till thay open 9am az time. noon for me so i got time to think and stew on the problem . heck i even took a trip over town to friends machine shop 30+ employes and in buissness for years . thay make all sorts of HIGH end BIG $$$ parts for major companys . i go out back to the welding guy and set them on his bench and ask if there is anything we can to to fix these. ( mind you i didnt tell him what i wanted fixed ) he started to laugh at me and tell me those weld look like crap.

him and i both said thay were cold welds and quality was crap. i have said i am no pro at welding nore have i been to a day of schooling on it in my life. but i was farm taught and leaned as i went farther. i have had pro's look at my stuff and say its good work. but when a guy thats been doing welding for 15-20 years says there junk that means somthing to me.

so i called up the place at 9:20am ish there time and talked with the same guy again so i figured till we got in to it oh my god ! ! !

i told him the problem and say yep it was me last time. so i told him the new problem same as before. he started going off on me and saying 4+ years of making these i have yet to have one fail bla bla bla . i have cars/trucks with 1100+ hp launching off the line 7k rpm + and not a 1 break . we weld them at 170amps and thats what the thickness calls for in that steel spec. the second set we sent you i turned it up to 210 amps just to make sure . at that kind of amps it should have just melted the metal no problems .

he was cutting me off every time i tryed to speek up and tell him my concerns and whay i was realy calling was for quality control. you never know half the time unless someone tells you . he then was vary firm in his speeking that " IF YOUR NOT HAPPY SEND THEM BACK. I WILL PAY SHIPPING AND FULL PURCHASE PRICE REFUND. IF YOU WONT TALK BAD ABOUT ME ON THE INTERNET. " that right there was it for me . he was offering me a bribe to keep quiet and not fix the problem on his end.

i told him i will think it over and call him if i wana return them and left it at that. so 2-3 hr's later i said screw it i need to get this truck done and painted them up. if thay break he and the rest of the internet will know about it.

so here i am to let you know to ether check your mounts and or watch for quality problems. this is NOT the way to make a customer happy with the product and or take care of a problem as simple as a bad weld.

ya kind of crappy pics off cell phone but you can see the basics.

pic #1 = little gaps and no feathering in to main plate.
pic #2 = closer with angle shot to show off bad joint on main plate to support ear gusset.
pic #3 = diffrent ear with more gap under the weld at the main plate body .
pic #4 = realy bad bead and joint.
pic #5 = same as pic #4 but 2hr later just sitting on my tool box there is some liquid / oil coming out from the bad joint area of the weld . at no time did i have these anywere near any liquid or cleaners in prep for paint.

FYI : if he wants to make this right and have me drop this i will take a NICE clean well done set
Attached Thumbnails BE WARNED : dirty dingo motor sports-0720120847a.jpg   BE WARNED : dirty dingo motor sports-0720120847b.jpg   BE WARNED : dirty dingo motor sports-0720120847c.jpg   BE WARNED : dirty dingo motor sports-0720120847d.jpg   BE WARNED : dirty dingo motor sports-0720121134a.jpg  

Last edited by sweetk30; 02-15-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm... I bought a set of aluminum mounts from them this year and they looked great. No problems at all. Everyone that i spoe with highly reccomended dirty dingo....

I personally cant see you ever having a problem with breaking the mounts. Imho...if they are that bad...have your welder buddy grind em down and re weld em....and dont buy from them anymore..

With all that said,do you really think this big rant was really needed in public?
Old 07-20-2012, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody who offers a full refund on a product that the customer is dissatisfied with is a bribe and the people on the forums they sponsor sholuld know. Its a bribe no matter how you slice it, just gonna cover their messup...
Old 07-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by k_cash1432
Anybody who offers a full refund on a product that the customer is dissatisfied with is a bribe and the people on the forums they sponsor sholuld know. Its a bribe no matter how you slice it, just gonna cover their messup...

Wow....i guess from reading this statement it confirms you have never been a business owner
Old 07-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Launching!

if you dont like my true story on bad buissness and product then go some place else.

i gave him a chance to make it right he didnt. then i called again and he went ape crap on me.

other sites i have posted this on the guys all say those weld look like **** and the person welding hasnt got a clue on how to do it right.

ya your nice aluminum ones got done correctly but not my simple steel ones.

and as stated he was trying to pay me off to keep it all under wraps and not tell the truth.

if he wants to make this correct i will play nice and modify my posting to show he is a stand up guy in the end.

a bad weld is a bad weld. plan and simple.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

That post was pretty hard to follow (capital letters might help) but it looks like you are upset because he offered a full refund on a product you were unhappy with. Isn't that generally what people want? Anyone offering a refund is a bribe? That's the first time I've ever heard that one, most people complain about not getting money back. I understand that you don't like the product, but the design is the design, we are free to buy elsewhere and it seems like from a customer service standpoint he tried to make you happy. It's not like he was lying to you about anything, stealing from you or trying to deceive you. If your friends know how to make stuff, I'd just go to them from the start and get exactly what you want. Save time and money.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Launching!

didnt want a refund.

just wanted what i ordered with good QUALITY welds.

thats why i sent back the first set for a replacment set thinking it was a bad set was all.

then the whole shipping screw up time line from them and me having to return and wait for same stuff back pushed me 2 weeks back on the project. if i had known i was going to get same welds back i would have just kept the first set and done somthing with them. and even if i get another set from somewere else thats even more time out / gone.

and kind of hard to grind out those welds and not mess up the parts in the small area's . and why should i have to weld them correctly. ?

also someone said go buy some other companys mounts. well i havent found a set like his anywere else yet.

few other people have replyed that even with crapy cell phone pics those are crap welds. and 1 even said it looked like a 110 welder with to low a amp setting mabye.

he should have said yep my guy is screwing up on the weld quality or my quality control guy missed this batch . but nope he just said i have never had one brake and 1100 hp + motors do fine. well mabye so but the point is not that thay dont break its the bad welds that at some point 1 will and it will make a mess when it does.

you guys think what yu want but i was fair with him and not yelling or talking all sorts of bad words to him. he got all bent out of shape and went off on me.

bad vendors / sellers start someplace down the dark road . and if this is the kind of quality coming out these days he needs to cath it before somthing gets worse.

mabye he needs to take a few sets and blast them up and look at the welds him self and see thay look good at first but not after there blasted and the slag / loose stuff is out of the way .
Old 07-21-2012, 10:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Moter
Wow....i guess from reading this statement it confirms you have never been a business owner
Your right i have never owned a business but I worked at a local mechanic shop for 4 years where the last 6 months I had to manage the whole shop casue the owners son had Chemo and was in Omaha at the childrens hospital and was back at the shop for a total of 4 days in 6 months. I 100% butchered my previous statement what i ment is if someone offers a refund to a customer to keep them from blabbing on the internet is bad business. In my experiance even if he was to get a refund then he would still have a sour taste in his mouth with the company and would probably not recomned them and the truth will eventually get out and this "bribe" will come back to eat the company...
Old 07-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Teching In

damn they suck at welding. Send them to me. I'll grind the welds out and lay a bead that will never break. I can't even tell what method he used to lay the bead. I've had stuff break right along my welds but never in or through mine. Just have someone either go over the existing bead with a lot of heat or grind them out and weld them the right way.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Teching In

I have purchased multiple things from Dirty Dingo and have been impressed with the fit and quality. They also seem very knowledgable in LS swaps and conversions. I had an issue where some wrong bolts were shipped with my order, and they overnighted me new bolts. With that being said, nothing that I had was welded, so I can't speak for their welding capabilities.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Launching!

if you dont like my true story on bad buissness and product then go some place else.

You brought this into a public forum...so deal with others opinions or delete the thread. You are crying here about a part that will out last your s10. Its not gonna break! Get over it!

Ask yourself this question......is this thread really worth all the crap you are saying about Dirty Dingo over a set of mounts? Come on....they mount in the correct spot on your truck..your engine mates to them perfect and all the holes line up. If motor mounts are soooo important to you to be just absolutly perfect....hire some one to cad design you a set and watch the guy welding them. That way you have no one to blame but yourself.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

^^ lol I guess he is his dirty dingos buddy? I guess people can't warn other people about them making shity products ? Or atleast leaving a review about there experience with them .. Anyways sorry to hear that OP
Old 07-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Launching!

yep some places you cant post the truth with out some person crying about the truth being posted.

here is from my main site i am on . anotherguy posted up he got a set just a day or 2 before my posting there . he was happy to have guys at his shop look at the welds and also post pics of the crap welds.

" Just showed them to some of the welders here and they said the welds look cold.
heres some of the pics had more but they didnt turn out worth a crap. definitely have seen better welds. "

his adaptor plates with no blasting . stright out of the box thay were shipped in.
Attached Thumbnails BE WARNED : dirty dingo motor sports-sany0367-1.jpg   BE WARNED : dirty dingo motor sports-sany0370-1.jpg   BE WARNED : dirty dingo motor sports-sany0371-1.jpg  
Old 07-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Bought of a set of their adjustable mounts for LS swap. Worked Great. Looked great. Great Service. Great Price. No Problems. But I'm not that picky
Old 07-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Bashing the OP WILL NOT be tolerated.

I emplore EVERYONE to read the sticky.

5. Do NOT post in ANY thread in which you were not personally involved with the sale or transaction. If you did not start the thread and your name is not in the title; THEN DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD
The days of unnecessary remarks, opinions, and prodding by people that were not part of the deal to begin with are over. This is a 3 strikes and you are out policy. 2 warnings with infractions then a ban. No exceptions.

No more warnings gentlemen. If you had nothing to do with it, stay out of it. This isn't a sewing circle.

Last edited by dr_whigham; 07-27-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: User bashing
Old 07-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSXZ71
Bought of a set of their adjustable mounts for LS swap. Worked Great. Looked great. Great Service. Great Price. No Problems. But I'm not that picky
if thay werent steel and welded then thats why . be more specific on what model you got. so we can make a better comp of the quality thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit info 2/15/13 on my home forum i am on all the time a member posted up he read the story i had there and decided he would try them and see what he got .

well as the pic's show there must have had a change of heart or to many bad product complants to him at DD on the old design .

the pics speek for them selfs .
Attached Thumbnails BE WARNED : dirty dingo motor sports-mount.jpg   BE WARNED : dirty dingo motor sports-mount2.jpg  

Last edited by sweetk30; 02-15-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Teching In

get over the spelling/grammar. In this day and age, people misspell and shorten words all the time because its FAST. this is ls1 tech not dialogue tech.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:01 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

That's it.

Next person to post in this thread that isnt DIRECTLY INVOLVED is getting an infraction(s). You've all been warned. This is getting out of hand gentlemen. Please.

Sweetk30, edit your sig. Now.

Quick Reply: BE WARNED : dirty dingo motor sports