Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

mario89 refuses to take back rearend

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mario89 refuses to take back rearend

Hello Everyone,

I bought a 10 bolt rearend off of mario89. He stated in the ad the rear had a nearly new eaton posi, 3.73s, and was a 3 channel rear. I received the rear to find out it had an Auburn, 3.23s, and was a 4 channel. I contacted him via PM to let him know and ask for a refund so I can send the rear back to him. He has refused to give me my money back. Here is a link to the for sale thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...-solddddd.html

And some of the PMs we have exchanged:

Originally Posted by Macs98Z
Quote:
Sorry to send you another PM, but could you also answer a few questions about the rear? How many miles on the rear--was it rebuilt? I know you said the posi had 10 miles. Also, does the pinion have any slop in it? Does it have any other upgrades besides the eaton and the girdle, like axles? You mentioned having a grand in it, so I was just wondering what all that included. Thanks for your time.

Scott

P.S.--Also, could you shoot me your paypal as well?
Originally Posted by mario89
Quote:
the rear end itself came out of a 30k mile car.. pinion feels good, girdle, posi,, gear and installation of it all was just over a grand.. i dont use paypal, u can see me feedbacks that i dont bs, i just dont use it.. i sold parts that were very expensive and never had a problem.. let me know what u wanna do
Quote:
Mario,

I sent you an email with some pictures. Please see them before you read this. I am providing a quote from your original ad for the rear:

"i have a rear end out of a 01 camaro ss. its a 10 bolt.. it has like new eaton posi which has like 10 miles on it and same goes for girdle. 373 gear. put a 9 inch in car so there is no use for this rear end., i do have backing plates and ls1 calipers i will include with the sale.. $385, its a 3 channel rear end..pm me if interested,, over a grand invested in it.."

I picked up the rear today. The first thing I noticed is that this rear did not have a girdle--it has the optional AAM aluminum cover that came on some SS cars. I was disappointed, but I figured not a big deal. I gave you the benefit of the doubt because it does look similar to a girdle. I got the rear home, however and decided to pop the cover--"Just in case," I thought. I am glad I did, but I was very angry to find that this rear fits NONE of the items in your description.

It is not a 3 channel, it is a 4 channel (although you did send me the backing plates you promised, which appear to be 3 channel?).

It does not have an Eaton posi, it has an Auburn.

It does not have 3.73s, it has 3.23s (I counted--twice--13 teeth on the pinion and 42 teeth on the ring gear).

Also, I'm sure you can tell from the pictures I emailed that this rear has a good deal of rust inside. It's apparent it has had water inside it, and it looks like it has been there for a while.

In addition, I have my doubts as to it even being rebuilt. You mentioned in our phone conversation that Speed Inc did the rebuild. I called them and had the guy check their service records for you. You are in their system, but they have no record of having had a rear done there.

I'm not sure what the deal with this rear is. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you made an honest mistake, but there's a lot wrong here and that seems to be a stretch. I am going to send this rear back to you and I want my money back, plus shipping costs both ways. Please keep your responses to PMs for documentation purposes. Thanks.

Scott
Quote:
U can call or text me. The rear end is just like i said it was. Its a 373 with a brand New posi. It sat for a while hence why it has surface rust. Nothing wrong with the rear end. if u wanna.discuss this furthur u r more then welcome to text or call.me ..
Quote:
I am keeping this to PMs for review, if necessary, by the moderators. Please respond to the points I already made about the rear not being as described and make the necessary agreements to receive the rear back.

--"IMG_3963" shows the boss where the ABS sensor hole would be drilled if this rear were a 3 channel, which it isn't. This is a 4 channel rear, whereas you stated it was a 3.

--"IMG_3958" shows the Auburn symbol stamped on the side of the differential. You said the rear had a nearly new Eaton with somewhere around 10 miles on it.

--I can't show you with a picture the number of teeth on the ring gear and pinion to prove they are 3.23s, and not the 3.73s you stated in your ad. These are indeed 3.23s, however--13 teeth on the pinion and 42 teeth on the ring gear. I counted, twice before, and again once more before sending this PM. I will also document if necessary in a video.

If you have not taken any action to resolve this within 24 hours, I am contacting the moderators and making this issue public on the boards. I simply want my money back. I have spent an entire day between going to get this rear and dealing with all the necessary picture taking/researching/communicating after discovering the rear was not as described. I only want my money back and this rear gone. I have no use for this rear as it is. The rear I bought was the one you described, not the one I received.

Scott
Quote:
Mario,

I made this video last night documenting the number of teeth on the ring and pinion gears to show they are 3.23s, not the 3.73s you stated in your ad. Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDMhb0ePtv8&feature=plcp

Scott
Quote:
U said u had ur rear end there too with stock rear end. This is probably ur rear end cause mine was,perfect and had 373 gear. . I never bsed anyone. ur trying to get stuff for free and it wont happen.
Quote:
When did I say that? This is the very reason I refused to call you or answer your texts, because I wanted everything that is said in writing on here for everyone to see in case you began accusing me of saying things I did not say. The only rear I have is in my car right now, which I was planning on switching out with this one until I found out the information you gave me about it was incorrect. Also, my car does not have traction control and has a 3 channel rear in it, which is why I needed this rear to be a 3 channel. I can prove that my car does not have TCS too if you would like. This rear is a 4 channel. I am not trying to get anything for free--I am trying to get you to take the rear back and give me my money back.

Maybe you are ignorant of what the rear actually was that you sold me. Either way, the facts are that this rear is not as described. As well, either way your rear and my money need to be returned. I will give you until tonight to agree to take the rear back and give me my money back. If you have not by that time, I will be posting all of this information publicly in the thread as well as contacting the moderators. You can decide to handle this privately or not, it's up to you.

Scott
I have given as much documentation to prove my case as I felt I needed (pictures, video), and will continue to do so if needed. mario89, I want a refund!!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:50 PM
TECH Regular

Not the first time....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...gone-sour.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...g-mario89.html
Old 08-29-2012, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, I am aware of those others, unfortunately. I should've backed out after I found out about them, but I went on and gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe they were just misunderstandings.

Last edited by Macs98Z; 08-30-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

C'mon mario89, I want a refund to send this rear back!!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

If he is going to be a deadbeat, file a claim with paypal. In my experience paypal sides with the buyer the majority of the time as long as the story seems legit.

Paul
Old 08-31-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

I wish it was Paypal...I used Moneygram
Old 08-31-2012, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

I wish it was Paypal...I used Moneygram
No good. I've actually turned down many good deals because the seller didn't accept paypal and wanted a money gram or cashiers check. You never know with the deadbeats out there now. Best of luck to you!

Paul
Old 09-01-2012, 09:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hardrock21
Best of luck to you!

Paul
Thanks.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

LMFAO, Mario back at it again! DOnt worry I will contact him and he will get a hold of u
Old 09-01-2012, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't buy a bucket of water from Mario if I were on fire.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:20 AM
10 Second Club

Mario I hope u get whats coming to you,what goes around comes around, don't forget that. u and ur poor *** ripping people off to get a few bucks... If your that poor S.o.b just make a thread for people to donate money to ur poor ***..don't be ripping people off that work hard for their money....mods plz ban his ***. He's been ripping members off for a while
Old 09-02-2012, 08:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mario89 is a shady dude. I've been reading about his shady dealings on here for years
Old 09-02-2012, 01:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the support, guys, seriously. After losing that much money, it is nice to know that there are other guys out there who are upstanding and wouldn't do something like that.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No response from Mario yet?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Whistler
No response from Mario yet?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/16683087-post30.html

i havnt done ****, u piece of ****,, go suck some more dick *****,,everyone can see my feedbacks and never had issues so go suck so more dick u *****
Old 09-04-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nope. Not anything about resolving the issue, anyway. This thread got linked over on Chitownracing.com here: http://www.chitownracing.com/forums/...one-off-again!and he posted a few times, mostly angry profanity tirades. This is the only time he directly addressed me: http://www.chitownracing.com/forums/...=1#post2771468
Old 09-04-2012, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh, and the link DSIM just posted. Again, nothing constructive.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Good luck getting your money back op.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mjs1012
Good luck getting your money back op.
Thanks. Still working on a resolution. I will post up with an update when I know.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Launching!

I would post all of his info on as many sites as I could with the details and let the games begin. Next would be a road trip. It's amazing what a google search does for people good and bad but the ino needs to be posted.

Good Luck.

Quick Reply: mario89 refuses to take back rearend