Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beware: Post your Fabricator/Chad Walden/Jeff Easler/PerfectCycles10 problems!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
I think he just wraped my factory parts in foil and laid the carbon fiber over that.

Old 11-23-2004, 11:49 AM
FormerVendor

99stallion...If you know so much, why dont you start up a business and become a sponsor??...Also did you happen to see a ws6 hood??
Old 11-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

I would start up a business and become a sponsor but both take money which I don't have right now Chad from what I have seen as taken money but told me he never did such a thing and then started working I would rather have the parts ready to sell then take the money. ( I'm not a shady person) Hopefully when my paint and detailing stuff takes off I will enough to do what I have already talked about. I knw there is a demand for this stuff but the money to do it right is alot as well.

Yes Chad jsut wraped your stuff in foil and then vacummed it down worked alot better than sticking it on by hand the way he was doing it. Let me guess as well 01 RED WS6 the parts that looked good where teh ash tray lid and the things behind your mirrors on the insides. I made those jsut so you know also the bezel is a pain in the *** to do I will give him that. But he sould have done what I said and it would have came out great.

I never saw a WS6 hood Game over but I know we made a mold of richards the last weekend I worked there so hopefully you get it soon.

O and if anyone is reading this that as alot of cash I wouldn't mind going into business with you I already have the know how I just need the help and finance I would do a 40/60 split with you and you keep the 60 for not dong anywork that sounds like a hell of a deal to me. LOL or I will just keep saveing on my won and get there one day.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah I saw him puting foil on Richards hood that day all my crap went down.

Your right 99stallionkiller the parts that looked good were the parts where the mirrors go and the ash tray lid. Those were the only real parts that were even ready after a month the bezel looked like crap and he told me it was all ready in the email I got a couple days before.

I didn't like that Chad wanted half the money upfront which is why I went a spent all the cash on the carbon fiber and resin. I figured that would take care of the half upfront. Sure didn't help that he wanted to raise the price on me either. Here he told me He spent a lot on making the molds. Now I know I was right and he just used the foil

My does a little work out of his gaurge for his upholstery business and he doen't ask for a single cent upfront. I think that is the way everyone should do it
Old 11-23-2004, 06:00 PM
FormerVendor

do you have pics of what you got??
Old 11-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

I haven't done anything in a while and don't haev digital camera either I would have to borrow my Parents and they are kind of picky about that. When i get some cashed saved I will do something in Carbon Fiber and post em up until I like your pops don't take many up front for crap much less am I selling anything.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99tastallionkiller
I haven't done anything in a while and don't haev digital camera either I would have to borrow my Parents and they are kind of picky about that. When i get some cashed saved I will do something in Carbon Fiber and post em up until I like your pops don't take many up front for crap much less am I selling anything.
oh i was talking bout 01 red's carbon pieces
Old 11-23-2004, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

NO I dont have any pictures. Chad kept everything including my factory parts that HE messed up. He said I would get something once I paid him. I wasn't about to pay for work that looked like a two year old did.

Chad posted some pics of them a while back when he tried to sell the parts. The pictures weren't any good though. It was dark and the flash reflected off the parts so you couldn't see them very well

Last edited by 01 Red WS6; 11-24-2004 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:59 PM
FormerVendor

well those headlight covers look awesome..so maybe everything good now, i dont know??
Old 11-24-2004, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

Well gameover the headlight covers are probably the easiest part to make no joke. All he did was take off Richards!!!!!!!!!!!headlight cover put some foil on it suck a piece of carbon fiber down over it in the vacumm bag method I showed him and impregnate the piece I could do that all day long after that its just a matter of cutting the excess off with a diamond tipped cutter and your prety much done probably took us about 3 hours total makeing those things. I could whip you up a set for probably around 125 includeing parts and I know he as got to be selling them for more than that.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:14 AM
FormerVendor

how do u take molds of a hood??
Old 11-24-2004, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

well chad put foil all over the hood
Old 11-24-2004, 12:03 PM
Staging Lane

Well the way Chad did it and the way I would ahve done it are different but both will get you in the right direction. He put foil all down the hood and then uses a foaming agent on it to make a hard mold then he just takes it off. And you have a top mold only problem with that method is you get alot of little spots that aren't really right.

My method is to use Clay and alot of it you press it on in strips well its wet and compress it dwon at the same time. Then let it dry for a few days and pop it off you have a perfect mold of the tod and then you just do the same thing on the bottom. it cost alot more to do but as alot of people know to get quality it doesn't come cheap. Chad is doing an o.k. job with the stuff and he can make some pretty bad *** stuff but he takes alot and I mean alot of time doing it and it may or may not work out. I have about 13 years experience working in my uncles custom body shop so I know alot of little things to make things really bad ***. And if I don't know it I usually know someone who knows how to do it.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

HE put that foam stuff on my console and didn't put anything down to protect it and ruined the console.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Staging Lane

I know he did that I showed up after he did it he was like I didn't know it would stick and all there is alot of stuff I think he was learning how to do and that might have been one of them. I do know 01 he was looking at buying you a new one though so I know he knew he fudged it up.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

He acted like he didn't want to replace it. He said "Why would you want that stuff when I was going to make you all new parts" I told him that we agreed that I would get new parts plus the stock parts back. Once I told him I would look into the price for the replacement parts and just take that out of what I was going to pay him he said he would take care of it.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Launching!

anyways, back to the thread

jayme van beek
wings west front air dam
$75
ireton, iowa
Old 11-29-2004, 03:47 PM
FormerVendor

Hi Guys...
I have been following these threads about fabricator for a few months now...I am really sorry that some of you guys are going thru hell to get your parts....it is horrible that people like chad (fabricator) are getting away with treating their customers horribly....
please do not listen to the methods listed above about making molds from hoods - yes, you can use clay or foam to pull a mold from a hood, but this will not make a quality hood-it is a quick and cheap method of doing something - and you will end up with a lot of problems both on the molds and the parts themselves. But in all honesty, it takes a lot more work/time/money to do this stuff the right way....IMO you guys should've been charged less for parts that are made cheaply....
I hope that everyone recieves their parts or their money back from these guys......
Jeanie
Old 11-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

Actually the clay was just to get the pattern then you take that to a machine shop and they make a real mold out of billet or steal it is pretty damn expensive if you ask me.

But I don't work for Chad anymore so who realy cares just letting people know how he did his stuff
Old 11-30-2004, 12:12 PM
FormerVendor

Yeh ok...

Quick Reply: Beware: Post your Fabricator/Chad Walden/Jeff Easler/PerfectCycles10 problems!