Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Big Mike

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Big Mike

I would like to start by posting that I own 2 C5 corvettes, one stock vert, one twin turbo etc etc etc. I do most of my buying and selling on LS1tech, and I have never run into any problem until today.

I purchased one JL 12" W7 Sub Woofer from Mike ( https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/701900-sale-jl-audio-12-w7-jl-1000-1-amp.html ) which was to be sent in perfect working order including the sub box. I recieved the shipment last week and only the sub woffer was included. I thought that was strange, but we were excited to get it installed to hear how beautiful the system would sound. We got down to the sterio shop which was an authorized JL Installer & Dealer, only to find the sub woofer is blown. I register a paypal complaint to ensure that we would not be ripped off, and the seller contacts me via email requesting I do not have a paypal dispute with him, we can resolve this our selves. Once the paypal dispute was closed, 325 bux down the drain ! I sent emails with no reply, and the seller does not respond until I put threats posting against him in the subject title. I was looking for his attention, and it was like hes ready to pull the trigger ... his response :

"Now you threaten me? Do me a favor and start a post like that!! It will be squashed and no one will believe you for a second! I have been doing legit business on tech since 2001!! Me with over 4000 posts and you with 3, yeah people Will believe You...

And BTW all the admins on tech know about this and they are all by my side!! Start false **** about me and they will ban you!!!

The box has been sent out. I now owe you nothing!!!"

Thank you for your time fellas, I don't expect a refund, and It seems not many may get to read this. My trader feed back rating seems to have been deleted off his account, so looks like I am pucked.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick rundown.

I sold the JL 12W7 to Jeff. First he sends me paypal, THEN tells me he lives in Canada so I get ******* raped on the shipping.

I pack the woofer up perfect. He received it in mint condition. He was supposed to email me when he received the woofer, instead yesterday morning I get a dispute from paypal. He's telling me the woofer is blown.

His 1st email after he received the woofer:

I am very upset to have recieved a sub woofer with no box. I went to the sterio shop to make sure it works only to find the sub is blown. I would like a full refund, and I will ship your sub back tomorrow.

I KNOW for a fact the woofer is in mint working condition. I had it playing in my old truck, took it out when I traded the truck in. It went right into the box it came in. Then I sold the woofer. Plus, that JLW7 is indestructible, it's impossible to blow that woofer.

Hey Jeff,

How the hell did you hook the woofer up without the box?????????????
Old 06-23-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Veteran

I have been selling parts on here since 2001 and even before that on LS1.com.

I NEVER once had any intentions of burning someone. I know for a fact that woofer was in perfect working condition. Trust me, I have nothing to gain by selling someone a blown woofer. **** that, I'll burn $325 before I sell someone a blown speaker and try to get away with it.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Also, I never requested that Jeff remove the dispute with paypal, he did that himself. I was more than ready to move along with the dispute because I stand by my side of the story 100%!!
Old 06-23-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Veteran

And FYI I asked Jeff how did you hook up the woofer? What kind of box did you hook it up in and what kind of amp did you use?

He never responded.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Veteran

And 1 more thing b4 I finish, I hereby declare this a post on the buyer's negative feedback.

Beware of:

Jeffrey Burke from extremeboost.com

Sales & Customer Service :
Jeffrey Jeffrey@eXtremeBoost.com

Day Time 9am-9pm Contact # :
Jeffrey Burke (416) 991-8955

Emergency Phone Contact # :
Jeffrey Burke (905) 642-8955 (Leave Message)

Mailing Address :
eXtremeBoost.com
105 Nantucket Blvd.
Scarborough, Ontario
Canada
M1P 2N5

He's looking to scam sellers into refunding the paypal money then never return the merchandise. You gotta wake up earlier in the morning that to pull this **** on me Jeff!
Old 06-23-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like you sold a guy a blown sub, and he called your bullshit. There is only one way to make it right, refund his money and split shipping.

If he never hooked up the sub how could he have blown it?
Old 06-23-2007, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mike has been nothing but a stand up guy in the 5-6 plus years I have known him.

He would not screw anyone period...
Old 06-23-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BBADWS6
Sounds like you sold a guy a blown sub, and he called your bullshit. There is only one way to make it right, refund his money and split shipping.

The sub is not blown! Jeff never stated how they determined that! Then he calls off the paypal dispute on his own. Why would you do that if you have a case?
Old 06-23-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BBADWS6

And dude, you know better than that. You think I'm going to tarnish my 6 year relationship with this board against a guy with 3 posts. Shame on you for thinking I sold him a fucked up woofer!
Old 06-23-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Veteran

BTW, I called JL Audio yesterday and they straight out told me that if he just ran power to the woofer without a box (and a right sized box at that) the woofer would simply flap and fart around and appear blown. I bet that's exactly what happened!
Old 06-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Big Mike
And FYI I asked Jeff how did you hook up the woofer? What kind of box did you hook it up in and what kind of amp did you use?

He never responded.

he said he took it to an JL installer/dealer so I'm sure they had plenty of boxes they could use to test it. all they would have to do is switch out there display w7 and put his in. and that's probably what they did and it was blown
Old 06-23-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by burnrubr88
he said he took it to an JL installer/dealer so I'm sure they had plenty of boxes they could use to test it. all they would have to do is switch out there display w7 and put his in. and that's probably what they did and it was blown

Well he still has not mentioned just how they arrived at the woofer being blown. I listened to that woofer up until the day I took it out of the speaker box. It was in perfect working condition, plus Jeff openly admits that it was packed just perfect and arrived in perfect condition. Explain how it's blown? Maybe they hooked it up wrong and THEN hurt the speaker and Jeff wnats me to eat it. Jeff says he took it to a dealer. Maybe he hooked it up himself
'??
Old 06-23-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Last month I sold the amp that pushed this woofer to: It arrived to him perfect and everything with that transaction was smooth. I wouldn't sell someone a fucked up item. I just wouldn't!

Speak to this guy, he'll tell ya the amp was perfect!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=67239
Old 06-23-2007, 05:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Why would Jeff cancel the dispute with paypal if he really had a case against me!?

I smell ****!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Another email from Jeff: I didn't ask him to close the paypal case!

k, I closed to paypal dispute so we don't have to get ugly.? I just want to have you refund the cash to my paypal account and I will ship the sub back via UPS ground.? Lets not take this to the forums, I am not intrested in going public with my personall matters, I would much rather just take the hit on shipping and send your product back.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He never responded.
The sub was hooked upto a JL 1000-1 Series Amp. It was done at a JL Authorized Installer as stated above. I have no problem shipping this sub back to you if you believe it is in working order, keep it.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BTW, I called JL Audio yesterday and they straight out told me that if he just ran power to the woofer without a box (and a right sized box at that) the woofer would simply flap and fart around and appear blown. I bet that's exactly what happened!
The sub was installed in a box built to JL dimentions. If you believe that the sub is in perfect working order, then please accept the returned item and refund my $$.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And 1 more thing b4 I finish, I hereby declare this a post on the buyer's negative feedback.

Beware of:

Jeffrey Burke from extremeboost.com

Sales & Customer Service :
Jeffrey Jeffrey@eXtremeBoost.com

Day Time 9am-9pm Contact # :
Jeffrey Burke (416) 991-8955

Emergency Phone Contact # :
Jeffrey Burke (905) 642-8955 (Leave Message)

Mailing Address :
eXtremeBoost.com
105 Nantucket Blvd.
Scarborough, Ontario
Canada
M1P 2N5

He's looking to scam sellers into refunding the paypal money then never return the merchandise. You gotta wake up earlier in the morning that to pull this **** on me Jeff!
I will be happy to ship the sub back before you refund my money. I am going to refuse the shipment with the sub woofer box.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well he still has not mentioned just how they arrived at the woofer being blown. I listened to that woofer up until the day I took it out of the speaker box. It was in perfect working condition, plus Jeff openly admits that it was packed just perfect and arrived in perfect condition. Explain how it's blown? Maybe they hooked it up wrong and THEN hurt the speaker and Jeff wnats me to eat it. Jeff says he took it to a dealer. Maybe he hooked it up himself
'??
The local JL dealer would be happy to speak with you or anyone you spoke to at JL Audio directly. I will not mention their name publically as the moderators may close the thread.

Quick Reply: Big Mike