Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bogging around 2,500 rpms

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bogging around 2,500 rpms

hey guys i just noticed this week that at part throttle my car bogs around 2,500 rpms but doesn't bog at all when at WOT. it doesn't throw a SES light either. if i give it part throttle gas from a stop, from 1,000 rpms to about 23-2400 rpms the car feels fine, pulls strong but as soon as it hits 2500 rpms and past it bogs alittle and feels like i lost some power. what do you guys think is going on? LMK

thanks, toua
Old 11-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Well i may not be right but it could be a clogged CAT.. my buddy was having a similar problem with his Z28 and it was becuase the cat he had was old and clogged up.CAts are like nething else they get old and come apart inside and restrict flow..
Old 11-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Launching!

it can't be the cats because i don't have them, i found out that it was my maf. it went bad, i changed maf's with my brother's z28 and my car ran like 100 times better. how could my maf go bad without throwing a SES light?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Teching In

02 censors are going bad or if its rained water could be on you maf but ya clean your maf and check your 02s mine did that same thing a few months back and it was the 02s
Old 11-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Launching!

okay i'll check my o2s as well, but i'm going SD in a couple of weeks so i might just turn them off.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OMGls1jz
it can't be the cats because i don't have them, i found out that it was my maf. it went bad, i changed maf's with my brother's z28 and my car ran like 100 times better. how could my maf go bad without throwing a SES light?
Probably because it was just that one place. Not completely dead. And to be honest it probably just needs a good cleaning. If it was completely dead your car would be sluggish across the board, since its adjusts the fuel according to the air flow. If it reads no air flow, it would rely on the map alone... and be very sluggish.

Why are you switching to SD? It more costs more, and is alot harder to tune. I dont see a mods list, so i dont know, but if your pretty much stock id keep it the way it is. Whoever is selling you on SD may have left some stuff out.

I am in the process (the last 2 days) of switching over... thats why i ask. And just so you know we have spent probably 3-4 hours easy of straight data logging and adjusting stuff to make the tune work well... and thats with data from a similar car! Were still no where NEAR done. So unless you know someone whos going to help you do the tune and you actually NEED to switch over, i wouldnt. I only did because of the boosted application.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Banned

pm me if you need a maf. 50$ plus shipping unported unmolested
Old 11-24-2008, 01:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by xxrillixx
Probably because it was just that one place. Not completely dead. And to be honest it probably just needs a good cleaning. If it was completely dead your car would be sluggish across the board, since its adjusts the fuel according to the air flow. If it reads no air flow, it would rely on the map alone... and be very sluggish.

Why are you switching to SD? It more costs more, and is alot harder to tune. I dont see a mods list, so i dont know, but if your pretty much stock id keep it the way it is. Whoever is selling you on SD may have left some stuff out.

I am in the process (the last 2 days) of switching over... thats why i ask. And just so you know we have spent probably 3-4 hours easy of straight data logging and adjusting stuff to make the tune work well... and thats with data from a similar car! Were still no where NEAR done. So unless you know someone whos going to help you do the tune and you actually NEED to switch over, i wouldnt. I only did because of the boosted application.
my friend did it on his car and it runs good, my brother did it on his car too and it ran good also. so that is why i'm doing it on my car. my friend has tuned several ls1s and he has converted some of them to SD also, so he has a good amount of experience doing it. he is doing all this for free so thats why i'm going this route.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Banned

I wouldnt go SD on a daily driver. My race car is SD but you need to change tunes according to different weather.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Launching!

we will change the tune when it needs to be changed, thats what my friend did. he changed the tune when ever the weather changed