Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inspection - Emissions ?,s

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inspection - Emissions ?,s

Will i pass inspection with just cats and no air/egr i have lpp offroad longtubes on the way with a y pipe could i just run cats on the y pipe and be fine for inspection? Does it matter where i go to get it inspected? I know if i get the emission codes deleted i will be fine for obdII but what about the sniff test?

I Really need to know any info would be great. I live in tx
Old 12-03-2008, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

I have a cam, race-style headers, catted-Y, no AIR, no rear O2s, and have no problems getting an inspection. Collin county. 100% pass. They just so the ODBII test and if everything is set correctly you pass. No cats and true duals are tougher.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Arctic2002ss
I have a cam, race-style headers, catted-Y, no AIR, no rear O2s, and have no problems getting an inspection. Collin county. 100% pass. They just so the ODBII test and if everything is set correctly you pass. No cats and true duals are tougher.
im in denton. so they did do the smog test to you and still past right? or am i wrong?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Correct me if I am wrong, but if you have a smog inspection I believe you are supposed to have everything hooked up, I don't even think you can legally move your cats. It really depends on who is doing it, some places seem to look the other way, others not so much.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

your right but i dont think they would know if it was hooked up or not im just hoping i would pass with just cats.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gc302047
im in denton. so they did do the smog test to you and still past right? or am i wrong?
Mine does not require the tailpipe sniffer test, if that's what you mean. Does yours require that since it's a '98 or something? I don't know if mine would pass a sniffer test or not. I think Denton and Collin counties have the same requirements. They have never actually looked for the cats.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You deserve to not only fail but get a huge fine. I don't know if you realize how annoying the smell is for any unfortunate driver who has to be stuck behind you. Good cats do not take any noticible power away, so use them.

I have never keyed or otherwise screwed with someone's car, but man do I feel the urge every time I'm near one of you jackasses.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dragonrage
You deserve to not only fail but get a huge fine. I don't know if you realize how annoying the smell is for any unfortunate driver who has to be stuck behind you. Good cats do not take any noticible power away, so use them.

I have never keyed or otherwise screwed with someone's car, but man do I feel the urge every time I'm near one of you jackasses.
dont post unneeded info. what you have just said is worthless and is something i already know. cats are expensive and im out of money now. the smell is not that bad damn your a ****** baby. you are the jackass. GO **** YOURSELF DRAGONRAGE
Old 12-12-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had a grand prix gtp running 14psi with no cat and it was fine. as long as your car is tuned properly it will not smell like **** and it will not blow black smoke in ppl's faces like some diesels do.

i think if you just have cat's you will pass no prob, and most of the time they don't even check if you have them. just make sure you warm them up real nice before you do the test.

good luck
Old 12-13-2008, 12:08 AM

you should be fine